• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Dr Doom said:

I favour communism, that's why I support Biden and the Chinese Communist Party 

You support both liberal and illiberal elites ? Fair enough - most Trump supporters are more partial to just illiberal elites :)

Is there no end to Trumpy's arrogance?

President Donald Trump reportedly wants a 'military-style’ sendoff from Joint Base Andrews before he flies to Palm Beach on the morning of his last day in office. He was enquired about the possibility of a 21-gun salute and a fly past by the Air Force.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/trump-news-president-wants-military-sendoff-as-top-democrat-says-ex-staff-cannot-salvage-reputations/ar-BB1cNZsL?ocid=mailsignout&li=AAnZ9Ug

8 hours ago, wighty said:

President Donald Trump reportedly wants a 'military-style’ sendoff from Joint Base Andrews before he flies to Palm Beach on the morning of his last day in office. He was enquired about the possibility of a 21-gun salute and a fly past by the Air Force.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/trump-news-president-wants-military-sendoff-as-top-democrat-says-ex-staff-cannot-salvage-reputations/ar-BB1cNZsL?ocid=mailsignout&li=AAnZ9Ug

All noise and swagger so he can go on about that and 'nobody attending Biden' even though its a pandemic.

More important is what he's doing policywise / grifts than the showpieces that are making headlines.

10 hours ago, wighty said:

Is it 400,000 Americans dead under his watch and he expects some sort of full honour send-off. F***in' grotesque. 

10 hours ago, wighty said:

Not really.

Bear in mind there were at least two interesting military letters recently - one from all of the former defence secretaries telling Trump to leave the military out of any election shenanigans, the other from current military chiefs to their soldiers condemning the sedition and warning they would only take lawful orders.

Basically the entire military establishment telling Trump to FO

14 minutes ago, pig said:

Not really.

Bear in mind there were at least two interesting military letters recently - one from all of the former defence secretaries telling Trump to leave the military out of any election shenanigans, the other from current military chiefs to their soldiers condemning the sedition and warning they would only take lawful orders.

Basically the entire military establishment telling Trump to FO

I know a few still serving US officers - instructions went round fairly rapidly that they are identifying a few serving individuals who will now have their gonads metaphorically nailed to the wall.

Quite a lot of the protestors have been identified and are in custody as many were bragging on social media. They think Trump will pardon them

Just to add for people who don't believe how dumb they could be I was told a female US Capt was arrested already as she went armed leading 100 people from her home town. She's in intelligence, didn't figure a load of posts and video of what she was doing was in anyway a contradiction to her chosen career

1 minute ago, Staffsknot said:

I know a few still serving US officers - instructions went round fairly rapidly that they are identifying a few serving individuals who will now have their gonads metaphorically nailed to the wall.

Quite a lot of the protestors have been identified and are in custody as many were bragging on social media. They think Trump will pardon them

Doesn't surprise me in the least.

My understanding is that Neo-nazi organisations take in messed up soldiers and even ape military organisation, and that even if not part of Neo-nazi organisations news is polarised to the extent half the country lives in cloud cuckoo land.

Conversely there is no way the American military generally will willingly be taken for a ride or tolerate have their soldiers screw around as part of this madness.

2 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

Just to add for people who don't believe how dumb they could be I was told a female US Capt was arrested already as she went armed leading 100 people from her home town. She's in intelligence, didn't figure a load of posts and video of what she was doing was in anyway a contradiction to her chosen career

To be fair on them, this cult is almost like something out of a paranoid 70s sci-fi film and I'd hesitate calling them dumb, but more like the unfortunate conned.

Just now, pig said:

Doesn't surprise me in the least.

My understanding is that Neo-nazi organisations take in messed up soldiers and even ape military organisation, and that even if not part of Neo-nazi organisations news is polarised to the extent half the country lives in cloud cuckoo land.

Conversely there is no way the American military generally will willingly be taken for a ride or tolerate have their soldiers screw around as part of this madness.

Yep this does not look good they prefer it when it is sad little armchair warriors of the NRA in bodyarmour getting laughed at.

Example it was highly publicised in the militarythat one of the 'patriots' was a guy who went AWOL rather than deploy with his unit to Iraq, but has been claiming to be a veteran and living fantasy island.

A lot of soldiers in all countries are broken background looking for a home. It meshes well with cults and paramilitary groups as they leave forces and struggle to adapt - some never had electric bill and no idea what to do / can't say things can in military. 

4 minutes ago, pig said:

To be fair on them, this cult is almost like something out of a paranoid 70s sci-fi film and I'd hesitate calling them dumb, but more like the unfortunate conned.

No if you're planning an insurrection Tweeting about it is I would say intelligence is lacking. They thought they'd become heroes and needed to secure their place in the pantheon when it is retold

The buying into Trump you can look at as being swept up in the slick pitch they desperately want to believe. That I can hold off on calling people dumb, more open to the lies

5 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Is it 400,000 Americans dead under his watch and he expects some sort of full honour send-off. F***in' grotesque. 

The Pentagon have told him they he will not be having a 21 gun salute or a flypast. 

As he is (or at least was) planning to leave on Air Force 1 as the inauguration takes place, Biden must be tempted to tell Air Force 1 to return to Washington and kick him off.    

3 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

Any more information about the planned imposition of martial law?

In some corners of YouTube there are people who genuinely believe that this is going to happen and are praying for it.

12 minutes ago, Si1 said:

FB_IMG_16109901179354869.jpg

That isn't the most batsh!t thing suggested around all this. There is in fact a belief among some QAnoners that Trump is having surgery to look like Biden and has had Biden arrested so he can continue as President.

Presumably a QAnoner who has consumed quite a lot of cheese / shrooms and watched Face Off.

The guy I know monitoring some of this gibberish says that is the more plausible of their rantings 😣 it has apparently got traction amongst some of the believers

3 hours ago, Ah-so said:

In some corners of YouTube there are people who genuinely believe that this is going to happen and are praying for it.

Someone was photographed coming out of a meeting with Tump with a document explaining the plan for martial law. Its a rumour based on evidence.

I suspect that is why the impeachment has been drawn up, all it needs is the Senate to rubber stamp it in case of emergency imposition.

Donald Trump visited by pillow tycoon who was carrying notes about martial law

Michael Lindell, a supporter of the president who has pushed false election claims, was photographed on his way into the White House

Donald Trump had a bizarre visit in his final days at the White House from a businessman known as the "My Pillow Guy”.

Michael Lindell was photographed just before he went in to see the president in the West Wing.

He was carrying a set of notes which included references to "martial law" and advocating appointing someone loyal to Mr Trump to head the CIA.

Mr Lindell is chief executive of a company called My Pillow.

He is a Republican donor and has been a loyal supporter of the president.

He is also a familiar face on US television screens, appearing in adverts for his own product.

On Thursday he wrote on Facebook: "We will have our president Donald Trump 4 more years!" His notes when he visited the White House were only partially visible but included the phrase "martial law if necessary upon the first hint of any …”

Another part read "Make clear this is China/Iran...." and elsewhere he referenced "Foreign Interference in the election”.

Mr Lindell's notes suggested that Gina Haspel, the current CIA Director, be replaced by Kash Patel, who is chief of staff to the defence secretary.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/01/16/donald-trump-visited-boss-pillow-company-carrying-notes-martial/