House Price Crash Forum

Who wins trump or Biden?

yankee plebs are not happy. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/biden-to-propose-2-trillion-of-extra-spending-report-11610610161

Back in the 80s up until 2008 or so, there was at least a sense that we had to get our national debt under control, and it was a sentiment basically shared by both parties. Now, even if they won't admit it, both parties have fully embraced MMT. And to some degree, it makes sense. From the perspective of 2008 on, money printing appears to "work." Unemployment dropped, the economy grew (although not at a great pace) and thinks appear good on the surface. The problem is that MMT and endless printing is one of those things where the benefits appear right away, but the negatives don't appear for some time, and by the time they do, it's too late to do anything about it. We're already seeing the beginning of what happens when a nation overprints and devalues its currency. People, both foreign and domestic, no longer have faith in it, so they look for other value stores. The absurd price of Bitcoin and TSLA are consequences of that. Meanwhile, we have an entire economy and market built on a mirage. It looks healthy, but it's very unhealthy. Young people can't afford assets (whether stocks or houses), and if they can, are forced to buy them at obscene prices.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, longgone said:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/biden-to-propose-2-trillion-of-extra-spending-report-11610610161

Back in the 80s up until 2008 or so, there was at least a sense that we had to get our national debt under control, and it was a sentiment basically shared by both parties. Now, even if they won't admit it, both parties have fully embraced MMT. And to some degree, it makes sense. From the perspective of 2008 on, money printing appears to "work." Unemployment dropped, the economy grew (although not at a great pace) and thinks appear good on the surface. The problem is that MMT and endless printing is one of those things where the benefits appear right away, but the negatives don't appear for some time, and by the time they do, it's too late to do anything about it. We're already seeing the beginning of what happens when a nation overprints and devalues its currency. People, both foreign and domestic, no longer have faith in it, so they look for other value stores. The absurd price of Bitcoin and TSLA are consequences of that. Meanwhile, we have an entire economy and market built on a mirage. It looks healthy, but it's very unhealthy. Young people can't afford assets (whether stocks or houses), and if they can, are forced to buy them at obscene prices.

I think thats right. We have entered the sugar diet zone......you get the rush...but you know it will end badly.

The problem is that we may have gone past the point of no return. The pain of coming off the sugar diet of printing and debt is too great and will kill the patient anyway. The road less travelled. 

Edited by IMHAL
2 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

I think thats right. We have entered the sugar diet zone......you get the rush...but you know it will end badly.

2 trillion sounds huge though divide by 328m  $6000k each a drop in the ocean. 

A nation of guns angry starving and poor people not a great outcome for the US. We should fair better here. 

6 minutes ago, longgone said:

2 trillion sounds huge though divide by 328m  $6000k each a drop in the ocean. 

2 trillion? Try 27 trillion dollar of USA national debt old boy. Add in private debt and you have a whole load of payback.

1 minute ago, IMHAL said:

2 trillion? Try 27 trillion dollar of USA national debt old boy. Add in private debt and you have a whole load of payback.

previously yes, however they do like a good headline nether less with a new head of state.  

Have the plebs not realised all the austerity of the past is a smoke screen and there actually was unlimited money available after all. 

i very much doubt anyone will be running back to work if they don`t have to anytime soon.

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner flush their reputations down the toilet

The Post published a stinker of a story Thursday morning, one involving Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner, the Secret Service and toilets. Specifically, it was about the need for them, and how much the federal government was made to pay so that the agents assigned to guard President Trump’s daughter and son-in-law could take a bathroom break.

These needs, apparently, did not concern the Trump-Kushner family. As both policy and personal behavior show, the needs of others rarely do.

The issue began when, according to sources, the Trump-Kushner clan denied the agents assigned to protect them access to one of the 6½ bathrooms in their 5,000-square-foot Kalorama mansion, instead making them use a port-a-potty outside. Their neighbors, many of whom paid millions of dollars for their own homes, were not interested in living with a permanent port-a-potty and said so. “Tacky,” one neighbor complained to Cosmopolitan. “Ewww, really?”

What came next was even tackier. For several months, the agents — responsible, mind you, for protecting the lives of Ivanka, Jared and their children — didn’t have much access to a bathroom at all. They needed to beg — first, from the Secret Service detail guarding the nearby Obama family, and then from Vice President Pence, and then even neighborhood restaurants. Finally, the Secret Service arranged to pay a nearby property owner $3,000 a month for the use of a basement apartment.

16 hours ago, Young Turk said:

Your example of Brexit is interesting as it seems to share very little with the American political experience. Rather than trying to ban leavers, I think there has been a compulsion to debate with them constantly. There were a few times when leave campaigners were thought to have lied (£350m bus) or been racist (Farage poster), but then people criticised those specific instances. The closest I think there has been to an attempt to cancel in Britain was the attacks on Corbyn, and I'm not really sure what to make of that.

There's been no attempt to ban, that's true, but I think we see the same general attitude of those opposed to it - refuse to acknowledge that anyone could possibly hold different values to your group (generic "your", not personal) and regard them as legitimate targets for insult and demonising. Bigotry and intolerance largely drives it. It's just that in the case of Trump and his supporters I happen to feel that attitude towards them is more justified, and he's clearly overstepped a lot of boundaries which is why he's getting a harsher response. In terms of open-mindedness and tolerance there's actually very little to distinguish, it's just that one group happens, probably by chance, to have aligned with the less obnoxious side.

There was a poster back in this thread who said they'd refuse to even try to understand those they disagreed with.

Fur-wearing ‘QAnon Shaman’ appeals to Trump personally for pardon

A pro-Trump rioter and prominent QAnon believer charged for his role in last week's US Capitol violence that left five people dead is asking the president to pardon him.

Jacob Anthony Chansley, who calls himself the "QAnon Shaman", says Mr Trump invited him to storm Congress.

Yahoo

1 hour ago, rollover said:

Fur-wearing ‘QAnon Shaman’ appeals to Trump personally for pardon

A pro-Trump rioter and prominent QAnon believer charged for his role in last week's US Capitol violence that left five people dead is asking the president to pardon him.

Jacob Anthony Chansley, who calls himself the "QAnon Shaman", says Mr Trump invited him to storm Congress.

Yahoo

I think Trump must realise that doing so would kill if what was left of his reputation. 

19 hours ago, mrlegend123 said:

goodbye. when left wingers lose the debate or don't like hearing the other side you become a nasty bunch with insults. I used to have respect for this website be it has been overrun by left wingers and baby boomers. Goodbye

I hadn't even notice you arrive and you're gone already. No loss. 

7 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner flush their reputations down the toilet

The Post published a stinker of a story Thursday morning, one involving Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner, the Secret Service and toilets. Specifically, it was about the need for them, and how much the federal government was made to pay so that the agents assigned to guard President Trump’s daughter and son-in-law could take a bathroom break.

These needs, apparently, did not concern the Trump-Kushner family. As both policy and personal behavior show, the needs of others rarely do.

The issue began when, according to sources, the Trump-Kushner clan denied the agents assigned to protect them access to one of the 6½ bathrooms in their 5,000-square-foot Kalorama mansion, instead making them use a port-a-potty outside. Their neighbors, many of whom paid millions of dollars for their own homes, were not interested in living with a permanent port-a-potty and said so. “Tacky,” one neighbor complained to Cosmopolitan. “Ewww, really?”

What came next was even tackier. For several months, the agents — responsible, mind you, for protecting the lives of Ivanka, Jared and their children — didn’t have much access to a bathroom at all. They needed to beg — first, from the Secret Service detail guarding the nearby Obama family, and then from Vice President Pence, and then even neighborhood restaurants. Finally, the Secret Service arranged to pay a nearby property owner $3,000 a month for the use of a basement apartment.

If someone was charged with protecting my life, I would make sure they felt like a member of the family.

2 hours ago, Ah-so said:

I think Trump must realise that doing so would kill if what was left of his reputation. 

Like he cares!

They should have queued them up in the system and charged when hes gone. I really wouldn't put it past him.

5 hours ago, Riedquat said:

There's been no attempt to ban, that's true, but I think we see the same general attitude of those opposed to it - refuse to acknowledge that anyone could possibly hold different values to your group (generic "your", not personal) and regard them as legitimate targets for insult and demonising. Bigotry and intolerance largely drives it. It's just that in the case of Trump and his supporters I happen to feel that attitude towards them is more justified, and he's clearly overstepped a lot of boundaries which is why he's getting a harsher response. In terms of open-mindedness and tolerance there's actually very little to distinguish, it's just that one group happens, probably by chance, to have aligned with the less obnoxious side.

There was a poster back in this thread who said they'd refuse to even try to understand those they disagreed with.

You always have to make an effort to try and understand, but right now there is a definite undercurrent of "I told you so" going on.

I cant stand the guy, I think he is a lying, crass, rude, disloyal, dangerous and stupid bell end. I try to make an effort to understand people but when they parrot his lies back at me I admit to either switching off or seeing red. It's simply a product of the style he has pursued. Division.

Edited by Chunketh
17 hours ago, longgone said:

Short-term fix......like any adiction, what happens when both debt and rents are defaulted on....people can't magic money out of thin air.;)

Joe 90 looked pretty robust and Presidential last night, unfortunately everything coming out of his mouth is just fart gas - Food on the table Blah Blah, Hard working Americans Blah Blah, More food on the table Blah Blah, Really hard working front line child caring neighbour loving Americans Bla Blah. Wake me up when he says  - "We are going to cut rents and house prices for hard working people and we are going to do it now!"

46 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Absolutely. Someone who may end up taking a bullet for them and they won't let them have a dump. Utterly pathetic. 

She probably thinks it's "ikky" but then goes and hugs that orange wankpuffin that wants to **** her

6 hours ago, Chunketh said:

You always have to make an effort to try and understand, but right now there is a definite undercurrent of "I told you so" going on.

I cant stand the guy, I think he is a lying, crass, rude, disloyal, dangerous and stupid bell end. I try to make an effort to understand people but when they parrot his lies back at me I admit to either switching off or seeing red. It's simply a product of the style he has pursued. Division.

I completely agree. If you've looked at Trump, put prejudice aside, and come to that conclusion anyway (which I like to think I have, although a good level of self-doubt is always something you should have) then that's entirely fair enough. It's a conclusion I completely agree with, he's a horrible excuse for a human being. Just as long as you take an equally open mind to his most vociferous oponents too. Many of them are as closed-minded and bigoted as he is.

Edited by Riedquat
45 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

I completely agree. If you've looked at Trump, put prejudice aside, and come to that conclusion anyway (which I like to think I have, although a good level of self-doubt is always something you should have) then that's entirely fair enough. It's a conclusion I completely agree with, he's a horrible excuse for a human being. Just as long as you take an equally open mind to his most vociferous oponents too. Many of them are as closed-minded and bigoted as he is.

I do. As I've said many times about Biden, he is unfit for office. If you get me onto Pelosi I have but two words, hypocritical opportunist. 

The US and the UK are bereft of decent people holding office, there are a few but its a shite state of affairs. 

EDIT: I should say that there are a few on both sides of the divide. 

Edited by Chunketh