House Price Crash Forum

Who wins trump or Biden?

2 minutes ago, msi said:

Translation: WAHHHH WAHHHAA   .... look over there !!! WAAAAAA

You have nothing that stands scrutiny

All you can do is smear and wait for someone to disprove you...then pretend you are having a 'discussion' and 'asking questions'

When all is gone, you point and scream 'what about the others'

I tried to give you benefit of the doubt, but think it is time for you to join warlord on my ignore list

you have described a left winger perfectly. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Arpeggio said:

Ask them what policies and they go blank.

I point out they don't go blank. They oppose Trump's (Republican) policies and favour the different policies advocated by Democrats.

43 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

That's got nothing to do with what I am talking about.

How does policy have nothing to do with your claim about them going blank on policy?

46 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

Why not make it 70:30 for Biden:Trump?

79% of Venezuelans said they supported the end of the Nicolas Maduro regime by the end of 2020.

79%. Percentage of Venezuelan hospitals that have little or no running water.

Go figure.

Is this you?

What relevance is Venezuela to Biden? Biden was VP under Obama's presidency. Is Biden likely transform the country when he's done nothing of the sort in his long career so far (Trump notes this as well!)? 

No, I'm one of these Young Turks - Wikipedia

7 minutes ago, Big Orange said:

No, UUUUUUUUUUUUUU!! 🙄

it's the same. look at most of the posts on here. pro- biden folks don't like what they are seeing and other people's opinions and their only defense are angry comments. The left are the mob and greatest threat. 

BLM riots caused more damage than the riot this week........Nancy should be joining Donald as well. 

27 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

I've been through and answered most of this gaslighting before. You keep repeating it like it's your job.

It's like where you bring up "settling a lawsuit about discrimination in letting his apartment buildings"

I already went through this once before (but I guess if you keep repeating it....as they say). The FBI released the files. Many of the accounts of discrimination appear to be from the National Urban League, which had sent the information to the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division. Some of the complaints are barely legible, and many of the records are heavily redacted.

My main part was to argue that race occupies too much of the politics at the moment. It is useful to distract from Trump's other policies. 

But you seem determined to focus on race (even denying that people oppose Trump or support his opponents based on policy)....

I only mentioned that lawsuit because I thought I recalled zugzwang bringing it up (it was supposed to be an example of why zugzwang might think he's racist). It sounds odd though. If they had such a weak case, why settle?

People have reasons for thinking he's racist and people have reasons for not thinking he's racist. Trump's strategy of frequent contradictions is quite clever: Media friendly to him repeats the good parts and media unfriendly to him are dismissed as "fake news!" This works for actions as well as statements.

So my point really was that zugzwang can present evidence of racism and you can present evidence of non-racism, but that probably misses the point.

As I said, I don't know if he's racist. When he said Ilhan Omar et al should go back to where they came from, maybe he wasn't being racist. Maybe he was race baiting. I'm arguing it doesn't matter what he believes. Racists like it and that's why he does it.

Can you explain why Trump has high support from racists and low support from ethnic minorities? Do you think that could form part of a case for thinking he's racist, or at least a race baiter?

A small proportion of African-Americans voted for Trump. Do you think this is because they wrongly think Trump is racist? Or they don't think Trump is racist, but prefer Democrats for other reasons?

Do you think there is a reason why racists like David Duke support Trump and why some of his supporters carried Confederate flags (e.g. as seen on the 6th January)?

26 minutes ago, mrlegend123 said:

BLM riots caused more damage than the riot this week........Nancy should be joining Donald as well. 

BLM are no saints, but their violence was partially in response to genuine problems and tense relations to biased, undisciplined law enforcement.

The MAGA mob's violence was briefer and concentrated, but they were directly attacking the primary government establishment and aiming to murder government officials, in a truly unprecedented incident in perhaps over a century (while the BLM riots were just a tired retread of the same ghetto riots from the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s).

Edited by Big Orange
1 hour ago, mrlegend123 said:

Ref Paris accord - millions of jobs were going to be lost vs less than 0.2% of emissions. there is a lot of debate between experts regarding climate change any aways as half claim earth's temperature works in cycles heats up and cools down over time. Also, technology is not there yet, what's going to happen in 2030 when no-one can afford EV cars and petrol cars are no longer sold? When people are getting on public transport, they will be wishing for a petrol car. 

Ref INF - the agreement was between US and Russia. Russia is allies with China. China is increasing their weapon capability. would you sit back and allow it as a global superpower? 

Do you have a link to a claim or study that says millions of jobs would be lost? (Are millions of jobs being lost in European countries? At least hundreds of thousands in the UK etc.?) I would have thought a lot of jobs would be shifted (e.g. petrol cars to EV cars and coal mining to other energy sources). There could be lots of jobs in public transport (building and running) and the technology which isn't there yet presumably needs research. I haven't looked at the proposals, but I thought this was the idea behind the Green New Deal.

The US military is so much bigger than Russia and China. Does it have to be much bigger than the rest?

25 minutes ago, Young Turk said:

The US military is so much bigger than Russia and China. Does it have to be much bigger than the rest?

It's so much bigger than the rest in most part because many European militaries (including us) drastically (maybe even dangerously) downsized their naval, air and ground forces in recent decades (especially since the Cold War fizzled).

Edited by Big Orange
5 minutes ago, Big Orange said:

It's so much bigger than the rest in most part because many European militaries (including us) drastically (maybe even dangerously) downsized our naval, air and ground forces in recent decades (especially since the Cold War fizzled).

In that case, shouldn't Trump have advocated massive cuts, consistent with his "America First" position?

This is another example of Trump positioning himself to be all things to all people.

Republicans want a strong military, so his military spending increases are popular, as it always would be with Republicans. Wars aren't popular at the moment, as Iraq and Afghanistan are widely perceived to have gone badly. So he gets some praise for not starting wars (ignoring that he has increased drone strikes and not withdrawn all occupying troops) and can apparently appeal to Democrats: "I thought you Democrats were against wars, and Trump seems to have been involved in fewer conflicts than Obama and Clinton. It seems hypocritical if you don't support me." In the same vein, Trump masquerades an as opponent of the necons, but he hired many of them (notably Bolton and Pompeo).

2 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

$400 million from FaceBook.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/oct/29/zuckerberg-paying-election-operations-vote-countin/

Did you know that Gov. Kemp GA was getting pressure to do an audit and shortly after his daughter's boyfriend happened to have a car accident that looked like a bomb.

IMG_20201205_194122.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Only to someone of very limited intelligence. 

To most people it would be obvious why it couldn't have been a bomb.

6 hours ago, Big Orange said:

There were bombs planted and some of the police/security officers were in on it! And there's rumors of alarm buttons removed from offices days in advance!

Not a rumour. The panic buttons where removed:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/capitol-riots-ayanna-pressley-panic-buttons-b1786678.html

A complete inside job and I’m sure we’ll end up finding Trumpys fingerprints all over this disgusting insurrection. 

8 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

Here is a recent statement from Trump:

EropkqfW8AAlJt8.thumb.jpg.4b993329dff0d87a1b5a7cc314fbaefa.jpg

Here's some from people that hate him.....

Its a shame he didnt come out with that statement the moment the riot started, rather than a week later. At the end of the day, he told those people to be there, he got them riled up, told them to march to the capitol and lit that match.

7 hours ago, mrlegend123 said:

it's the same. look at most of the posts on here. pro- biden folks don't like what they are seeing and other people's opinions and their only defense are angry comments. The left are the mob and greatest threat. 

I dont think you will find many pro Biden people on here, I dont think hes fit for office. 

I wouldn't trust Trump to open a tin of beans though, so in a contest of the least worst option for president, Biden wins.

30 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

Its a shame he didnt come out with that statement the moment the riot started, rather than a week later. At the end of the day, he told those people to be there, he got them riled up, told them to march to the capitol and lit that match.

And obviously a written statement of more than 300 characters will have less reach than an official video that would be shared widely. What a coward

5 minutes ago, Freki said:

And obviously a written statement of more than 300 characters will have less reach than an official video that would be shared widely. What a coward

He released a video saying the script as well. Doesn't change anything though.

9 hours ago, Young Turk said:

This is the problem with Trump. He's being lying for months about electoral fraud and that is incitement to violence. He didn't have to say anything about violence for his words to lead to violence.

If he said Clinton and Obama should be assassinated because they made fun of him, it's not likely that people would take this as a call to arms, as it's so ridiculous. People know that making fun of someone shouldn't lead to their death.

But when he made a short video, during the protests, repeating claims of electoral fraud but telling his supporters to go home, of course they carried on protesting. People can reasonably more reasonably think that, if Trump's claims were true, violence to the perpetrators of fraud is justified.

The impeachment is clear sign part of the Republican party thinking about the future.

They are moving on and beyond Trump, his lies, conspiracy theories and any further disruptions.

11 hours ago, mrlegend123 said:

The BLM riots caused some damage to property and were a reaction to way in which black people are treated by the police in the wake of George Floyd's murder by the police. I am not defending them, but race riots are a fairly predictable response to systemic injustice.

The MAGA assault on the Capitol was nothing than a serious attempt to overthrow American democracy and stop Biden being elected as president. If you read any MAGA comment threads, such as under weird YouTube videos, they were seriously expecting the military to intervene in support, rambling about 1776.

7 minutes ago, mrlegend123 said:

Big tech and MSM have destroyed democracy.....freedom of speech in the process of being destroyed. 

how does the person on the street fight back and implement change when being silenced by the elite? 

Remind me, what is it you want to say but can't?