Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Who wins trump or Biden?


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Ah-so said:

I've posted the following before, but this part of the 'BITE' model it clearly applies to Trump cult members:

Thought Control
1. Require members to internalize the group’s doctrine as truth
a. Adopting the group’s ‘map of reality’ as reality
b. Instill black and white thinking
c. Decide between good vs. evil
d. Organize people into us vs. them (insiders vs. outsiders)
2. Change person’s name and identity
3. Use of loaded language and clichés which constrict knowledge, stop critical thoughts and reduce complexities into platitudinous buzz words
4. Encourage only ‘good and proper’ thoughts
5. Hypnotic techniques are used to alter mental states, undermine critical thinking and even to age regress the member
6. Memories are manipulated and false memories are created
7. Teaching thought-stopping techniques which shut down reality testing by stopping negative thoughts and allowing only positive thoughts, including:
a. Denial, rationalization, justification, wishful thinking
b. Chanting
c. Meditating

Most of which applies to this website!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope it's not going to get very ugly.

FBI fears armed protests by Trump supporters ahead of Biden inauguration

US security officials have warned of possible armed protests being held across the country in the days before Joe Biden is sworn in as president.

There are reports of armed groups planning to gather at all 50 state capitols and in Washington DC in the run-up to his 20 January inauguration.

BBC

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, rollover said:

Hope it's not going to get very ugly.

FBI fears armed protests by Trump supporters ahead of Biden inauguration

US security officials have warned of possible armed protests being held across the country in the days before Joe Biden is sworn in as president.

There are reports of armed groups planning to gather at all 50 state capitols and in Washington DC in the run-up to his 20 January inauguration.

BBC

Yep, if only Trump had conceded a day or so after all the election results came in. Instead America is on the edge, who knows how far this will go. Almost certain to be more violence at some point. 

This last few weeks will define Trump much more than all his previous years as President. He's lit the fuse. History will condemn Trump to that of a deranged despot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rollover said:

Hope it's not going to get very ugly.

FBI fears armed protests by Trump supporters ahead of Biden inauguration

US security officials have warned of possible armed protests being held across the country in the days before Joe Biden is sworn in as president.

There are reports of armed groups planning to gather at all 50 state capitols and in Washington DC in the run-up to his 20 January inauguration.

BBC

No thaving a pop at you personally but what about the violent antics of Antifa and BLM? Always nice to have some balance!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, miguel said:

Yep, if only Trump had conceded a day or so after all the election results came in. Instead America is on the edge, who knows how far this will go. Almost certain to be more violence at some point. 

This last few weeks will define Trump much more than all his previous years as President. He's lit the fuse. History will condemn Trump to that of a deranged despot. 

More violence by whom?  I would include Antifa/BLM in that mix.

For the record I'm the only person in the world who actually likes Trump for the sake of some balance on this site...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Fishfinger said:

More violence by whom?  I would include Antifa/BLM in that mix.

For the record I'm the only person in the world who actually likes Trump for the sake of some balance on this site...

 

Doesn't make any sense.

Why would you include Antifa/BLM in that mix?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fishfinger said:

No thaving a pop at you personally but what about the violent antics of Antifa and BLM? Always nice to have some balance!

Antifa and BLM have been criticised for violence, though perhaps not enough, but there are differences.

BLM violence seems to have been triggered by police violence. Protesters were met with police violence, leading to more protests. Looting was ignored by the police.

Antifa seemingly counter-protest, though perhaps they sometimes start fights. I think they might just be fighting with police in a few places (Seattle and Washington are the only notable ones as far as I can see).

BLM and Antifa are fighting injustice which actually exists, though you may argue it's exaggerated.

The violence at the Capitol was an attempt to keep Trump in power, despite his election loss. Many of them were trying to kill politicians in order to achieve this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Young Turk said:

Antifa and BLM have been criticised for violence, though perhaps not enough, but there are differences.

BLM violence seems to have been triggered by police violence. Protesters were met with police violence, leading to more protests. Looting was ignored by the police.

Antifa seemingly counter-protest, though perhaps they sometimes start fights. I think they might just be fighting with police in a few places (Seattle and Washington are the only notable ones as far as I can see).

BLM and Antifa are fighting injustice which actually exists, though you may argue it's exaggerated.

The violence at the Capitol was an attempt to keep Trump in power, despite his election loss. Many of them were trying to kill politicians in order to achieve this. 

Hang Mike Pence. Such Patriots!!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Nothing to do with Antifa/BLM.

All the rightwing fruitbats are saying it. Trump told one of the republican senators that it was Antifa and his response was pretty short:

"No sir, I was there. I saw them and they were MAGA"

This constant denial of facts and truth started with Trump, it has to end with Trump. People mimic his behaviour because they think they can get away with it.

They need to be shown they cant, very publicly and very painfully. This worship at the alter of the most corrupt and stupid president in history has to stop. Start by throwing the book at him.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

All the rightwing fruitbats are saying it. Trump told one of the republican senators that it was Antifa and his response was pretty short:

"No sir, I was there. I saw them and they were MAGA"

This constant denial of facts and truth started with Trump, it has to end with Trump. People mimic his behaviour because they think they can get away with it.

They need to be shown they cant, very publicly and very painfully. This worship at the alter of the most corrupt and stupid president in history has to stop. Start by throwing the book at him.

 

It's shocking how someone in such high office can get away with blatant lies but his big lies started on his inauguration. "Biggest crowds ever blah blah blah." Because he's been allowed to get away with lying for so long the lies have continued to get more extreme. He should have been deplatformed years ago. The POTUS doesn't need a Twitter account when he can call a press conference at any time. Too late now the damage has been done. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

It's shocking how someone in such high office can get away with blatant lies but his big lies started on his inauguration. "Biggest crowds ever blah blah blah." Because he's been allowed to get away with lying for so long the lies have continued to get more extreme. He should have been deplatformed years ago. The POTUS doesn't need a Twitter account when he can call a press conference at any time. Too late now the damage has been done. 

The counter responses are playing into big techs hands too. Glen Greenwald has a good article on it.

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/how-silicon-valley-in-a-show-of-monopolistic?r=b8osg&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&utm_source=copy

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fishfinger said:

More violence by whom?  I would include Antifa/BLM in that mix.

It is true that Antifa and BLM react to police actions on African Americans. The incident that started the following scene was an African American man under arrest for sexual assault who grabbed a knife.

Unfortunately many people here will regard me as a racist for simply speaking about it, as though I don't care about things like the First Step act or Opportunity zones.

EgZi5IkUEAIIs8D?format=jpg%26name=900x90

If you're white, not a suspect in a crime and have a mental illness you don't matter. I'm not saying that guy deserved or wanted a media circus, just that it's treated differently.

......apart from that even Pelosi is saying her laptop was nabbed now. COVFEFE H.R.2884 states that it is illegal for any social media company to delete an account held by a President. Doing so is a federal crime.

Edited by Arpeggio
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

The counter responses are playing into big techs hands too. Glen Greenwald has a good article on it.

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/how-silicon-valley-in-a-show-of-monopolistic?r=b8osg&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&utm_source=copy

If anyone reads that article, they will see it is critical of big tech. By calling it a "good article" do a resonate with that or is it good out of co-incidence of something else for you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Chunketh said:

All the rightwing fruitbats are saying it. Trump told one of the republican senators that it was Antifa and his response was pretty short:

"No sir, I was there. I saw them and they were MAGA"

This constant denial of facts and truth started with Trump, it has to end with Trump. People mimic his behaviour because they think they can get away with it.

They need to be shown they cant, very publicly and very painfully. This worship at the alter of the most corrupt and stupid president in history has to stop. Start by throwing the book at him.

 

It’s appears worse than that...

The tactic for diverting onto others is so baked in that it’s induced an extreme cognitive dissonance where while they’re fanatic enough to justify carrying out terrorist acts they then say somebody else did them !

The question is how much of a difference is there between Trumps jihadis and the broader cult ? 

Or is it the case of there being professional Trolls trying to maintain support from the mainstream driven to idiotic lies ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

If anyone reads that article, they will see it is critical of big tech. By calling it a "good article" do a resonate with that or is it good out of co-incidence of something else for you?

It resonates with me as I work in tech. It's genuinely worrying just how fast quite a large platform can be destroyed.

Their reaction in utterly destroying Parler was playing to the incoming administration, they were effectively saying "Look see, we can police the nut jobs. Nothing to see here. Please don't legislate us". 

Also, the next time a moronic populist starts making a move to power, we need to see them coming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pig said:

It’s appears worse than that...

The tactic for diverting onto others is so baked in that it’s induced an extreme cognitive dissonance where while they’re fanatic enough to justify carrying out terrorist acts they then say somebody else did them !

The question is how much of a difference is there between Trumps jihadis and the broader cult ? 

Or is it the case of there being professional Trolls trying to maintain support from the mainstream driven to idiotic lies ?

Its a bit of both I think. There are professional trolls, who's job it is to sow and maintain crazy thinking. Then there are the large numbers of very stupid people that believe them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, rollover said:

What is the course of action right now?

What will happen if Trump is impeached or if he is not?

If Trump is impeached he can't run for office again.

Trump is popular enough to become the 2024 Republican candidate, but is he popular enough to win the 2024 Presidency? If not, the Republicans may be the main beneficiaries of impeachment, as it would allow them to select an electable candidate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rollover said:

What is the course of action right now?

What will happen if Trump is impeached or if he is not?

A sort of 3D chess seems to be emerging where you try to read each dimension in their actions:

Short term Democrats and Republicans alike are genuinely shocked at the stuff thats been coming out so its simply get the orange ape out, put the army on alert, the nukes on ice, protect the democratic infrastructure and so on

Medium term its stop him specifically from taking public office again

Long term its him or anybody like him screwing up democracy/government again.

 

Edit: well thats the somewhat elusive non-partisan version, you then need to add in 'Republicans in crisis' factors and 'Democrats in power' factors

 

Edited by pig
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Young Turk said:

If Trump is impeached he can't run for office again.

Trump is popular enough to become the 2024 Republican candidate, but is he popular enough to win the 2024 Presidency? If not, the Republicans may be the main beneficiaries of impeachment, as it would allow them to select an electable candidate. 

The Republicans are f***ed by their own design.  Only an absolute clusterf*ck by Biden can save them.

They don't impeach - Trump runs in 2024 and splits the party.

They impeach - Trump becomes the Kingmaker for their electoral candidate in order to get a solid base.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, msi said:

The Republicans are f***ed by their own design.  Only an absolute clusterf*ck by Biden can save them.

They don't impeach - Trump runs in 2024 and splits the party.

They impeach - Trump becomes the Kingmaker for their electoral candidate in order to get a solid base.

The way things are going it looks like enough Republics want shot of Trump and regard him as a liability. Once they're rid of him does he really have enough support (as opposed to the party) to be a kingmaker?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.