Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Who wins trump or Biden?


Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Biggus said:

Printing piles money and giving it to people to sit around and do nothing? Seems both left wing and extreme to me.

Actually, the printed money went to the rich via bankers, it went to shore up their bad bets on speculative investments ie bailing out the banks. Once the markets where deregulated it was an inevitability. It's a policy that results from allowing to much freedoms in the financial markets.

You have misunderstood, don't understand how this work or can't understand. Try looking at inequality between rich and poor.....and follow the money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Who got the money? The trillion pounds that Cameron, Osborne, May and Hammond borrowed and spent between 2010 and 2019? It wasn't the poor. It wasn't the public sector!

Crony capitalism is not socialism.

Yep, the Cameron government should have torn up Brown's spending commitments as soon as they took office, if you ask me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

Actually, the printed money went to the rich via bankers, it went to shore up their bad bets on speculative investments ie bailing out the banks. Once the markets where deregulated it was an inevitability. It's a policy that results from allowing to much freedoms in the financial markets.

You have misunderstood, don't understand how this work or can't understand. Try looking at inequality between rich and poor.....and follow the money.

You're absolutely right. The printed money is enriching a very small number of people at the expense of everyone else. It's repulsive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biggus said:

How can you not know the answer to these questions? Left wing radicalism has taken over pretty much every aspect of life. Use the wrong word on facebook and you get a squad of thought police kicking your door off at three in the morning. To control language is to control thought, or whatever it was Orwell said. Is there even a single positive white male rolemodel left on TV these days? 

The economy has been crushed by money printing and defecit spending. How is those not extreme left wing policies?

Can you give me an example of a "wrong word" that will have the police kicking my door down?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ah-so said:

Can you give me an example of a "wrong word" that will have the police kicking my door down?

I rather suspect there was a degree of hyperbole for effect in his post and it wasn't intended to be a literal claim.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Who got the money? The trillion pounds that Cameron, Osborne, May and Hammond borrowed and spent between 2010 and 2019? It wasn't the poor. It wasn't the public sector!

Crony capitalism is not socialism.

He has swallowed the line that they spat out after bailing their mates out. Substitute foreigner with any minority group you like.

Except the ultra rich elite of course, they are a special minority group that needs protecting. Its interesting that the right call the liberals "metropolitan elites". I cant imagine why!

 

true.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Riedquat said:

I rather suspect there was a degree of hyperbole for effect in his post and it wasn't intended to be a literal claim.

I understand and "a word" is both literally a single word but also a brief communication. And if you break the perceived laws, it will probably be a constable knocking on your door. 

However, if you let people get away with hiding things in hyperbole, they can avoid ever using specifics about anything. 

The reality is that to get arrested for expressing yourself, you have to really go out seeking to cause distress. And while there is the occasional example of a nazi saluting dog, you would be hard pressed to find examples of anyone being arrested for expressing themselves, particularly if it is inadvertent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Biggus said:

I'm not a citizen of USA, so I can't vote there. Minimum wage is an interesting topic. It's a policy I agree with. It's also left wing. So, yeah, maybe I seem to contradict myself. But to me it seems that improving standards of living for the working class is not a left wing policy any more. Maybe it never really was.

The modern left is about increasing the power of the state. One way they try to do this is by creating dependence on the state. If someone has the support of their family or community they are not dependent on the state. Hence the drive to destroy family and divide communities.

Voting for Trump was voting for change. Maybe it didn't work out how people would have liked. But what was the alternative? More of the same.

You're a parody account, surely?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ah-so said:

I understand and "a word" is both literally a single word but also a brief communication. And if you break the perceived laws, it will probably be a constable knocking on your door. 

However, if you let people get away with hiding things in hyperbole, they can avoid ever using specifics about anything. 

The reality is that to get arrested for expressing yourself, you have to really go out seeking to cause distress. And while there is the occasional example of a nazi saluting dog, you would be hard pressed to find examples of anyone being arrested for expressing themselves, particularly if it is inadvertent. 

A lot of the time it's all about the generalities rather than the specifics either - too often nitpicking about specifics is used to dismiss a more general issue out of hand.

Exaggeration for effect also becomes more common as it in turn becomes more common to dismiss anything that isn't the biggest, most pressing issue right now - all more symptoms of people retreating to oversimplified extremes.

Edited by Riedquat
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

I rather suspect there was a degree of hyperbole for effect in his post and it wasn't intended to be a literal claim.

I asked the poster how this left wing radicalism has personally affected them and that he the example they gave.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pimp My Pants said:

I asked the poster how this left wing radicalism has personally affected them and that he the example they gave.

Why is asking that in the first place a particularly relevant question? Something can bother you even if it doesn't affect you personally (just as well otherwise we'd all turn our eyes to injustice - not a victim of racism? Don't give a crap about it then.)

"How has it affected you...?" often appears to be another means of fishing around for excuses to dismiss what someone's saying, rather than arguing about it on its own merits (or lack of).

Edited by Riedquat
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Riedquat said:

Why is asking that in the first place a particularly relevant question? Something can bother you even if it doesn't affect you personally (just as well otherwise we'd all turn our eyes to injustice - not a victim of racism? Don't give a crap about it then.)

"How has it affected you...?" often appears to be another means of fishing around for excuses to dismiss what someone's saying, rather than arguing about it on its own merits (or lack of).

Because he asked this question: 'So how do we get these horrible, awful, frothing at the mouth left wing idiots to just leave us alone to get on with our lives?'

Oh, and because calling someone out and pinning them down exposes their nonsense. He was just randomly ranting.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pimp My Pants said:

Because he asked this question: 'So how do we get these horrible, awful, frothing at the mouth left wing idiots to just leave us alone to get on with our lives?'

Oh, and because calling someone out and pinning them down exposes their nonsense. He was just randomly ranting.  

Spot on. 🎯

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Pimp My Pants said:

Because he asked this question: 'So how do we get these horrible, awful, frothing at the mouth left wing idiots to just leave us alone to get on with our lives?'

Oh, and because calling someone out and pinning them down exposes their nonsense. He was just randomly ranting.  

And we see yet another example of descending into one extreme or the other, with nothing more than fishing around for excuses to dismiss the other side. This is exactly why so much has descended into polarised simplified nonsense. One person gets annoyed at something, over-reacts, and the other side nitpicks on the over-reaction rather than the underlying cause, it bounces back and forth getting ever more childish and nasty. Whether there was anything to get worked up over in the first place is quickly lost under the pile of third-rate acrimony.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Riedquat said:

And we see yet another example of descending into one extreme or the other, with nothing more than fishing around for excuses to dismiss the other side. This is exactly why so much has descended into polarised simplified nonsense. One person gets annoyed at something, over-reacts, and the other side nitpicks on the over-reaction rather than the underlying cause, it bounces back and forth getting ever more childish and nasty. Whether there was anything to get worked up over in the first place is quickly lost under the pile of third-rate acrimony.

If someone wants to make wild unsubstantiated claims and throw insults and blame at another group of people I think that should be challenged. Don't you?

At least it should be determined what the poster is actually claiming instead of a generic rant involving poor stereotypes.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pimp My Pants said:

If someone wants to make wild unsubstantiated claims and throw insults and blame at another group of people I think that should be challenged. Don't you?

At least it should be determined what the poster is actually claiming instead of a generic rant involving poor stereotypes.

Needs effort by both sides, both to not get too carried away with the hyperbole and to attempt to understand why they reached that state in the first place.

Far, far too often people assume that they shouldn't have to make any effort to understand someone else, it's all down to the other person to explain it to someone who's unwilling to try in the first place. Note I said understand, not agree with.

Never dismiss anyone until you've tried to properly understand where they're coming from. Once you've done that let rip :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

Needs effort by both sides, both to not get too carried away with the hyperbole and to attempt to understand why they reached that state in the first place.

Far, far too often people assume that they shouldn't have to make any effort to understand someone else, it's all down to the other person to explain it to someone who's unwilling to try in the first place. Note I said understand, not agree with.

Never dismiss anyone until you've tried to properly understand where they're coming from. Once you've done that let rip :)

I'm not really interested in understanding people like that.

I work on the basis that disassembling claims will be seen by many more people than the poster and will carry greater affect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr Doom said:

 

Elsewhere someone claimed that guy is an undercover marine?!

3 things seem like what he is saying.....

Q clearance https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_clearance

A lot of children do disappear https://globalmissingkids.org/awareness/missing-children-statistics/

Statues of Satan have been appearing in various places https://www.huffpost.com/entry/satanic-temple-unveils-sculpture-in-detroit_n_55b63881e4b0224d8832b687

Search for "John Podesta's artwork".

Some Spirit Cooking by Marina Abramovic....

Edited by Arpeggio
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.