HOLA441
  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Majority of Americans want Trump removed immediately after U.S. Capitol violence - Reuters/Ipsos poll

(Reuters) - Fifty-seven percent of Americans want Republican President Donald Trump to be immediately removed from office after he encouraged a protest this week that escalated into a deadly riot inside the U.S. Capitol, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll.

HOLA446
27 minutes ago, Young Turk said:

Interesting comments section:

"I can't agree with you here. "Attempted Coup" depends on the intent, not on the competence or chance of success of the coup. Did they intend to stop the proceedings and somehow stop the transfer of power? Yes. Did they use physical force? Yes. It was incompetent and delusional but it was an attempted coup."

""The naivete shown in this piece is admirable; it reflects a child-like perspective of events going on in this country. Unfortunately, it completely missed the point. Here are the facts: Trump called his fans to DC promising a "wild time", then in his speech, he told them, "We are going to the capitol...I'll go with you..." (which, of course, he didn't) while these misguided people violated our capitol and stopped congress BY FORCE. That's all you need to know; it's that sad and that simple."

"Thanks for a textbook example of gaslighting. Your outrage is adorable. We're lucky that Trump is incompetent or his failed insurrection may have succeeded - but incompetence does not excuse intent.

Also, regarding this point: 'the only person upon whom lethal force was committed appears to have been a Trump-supporting woman who was shot point-blank in the throat by a Capitol Hill police officer.'
I'm pretty sure the family of the Capitol officer who died after being hit in the head with a fire extinguisher by a member of Trump's mob would disagree."

"You are either a parasitic opportunist leeching off of the situation by trying to be provocative and controversial, or you actually do believe what you say, in which case you are a bona-fide fascist (enabler). In any case your mental, emotional, but also moral toolbox seems to be lacking a lot. Please, do us all a favor and take your snake-like spinning shenanigans back to the hellhole from which you crawled out of and where you belong. YS."

"Just curious.... if someone other than a vacuous twit had died... say, 20-30 congressmen and women.... two vice presidents.... the successors to the current president if he were disabled? If the people who brought guns, pipe bombs and molotov cocktails with them had burned up some legislators.... would this change your sophomoric opinion of what happened?

You put a picture of a dimwit boob on your post that is obviously someone who has problems with the operation of a shoestring and who was likely led there by her adoring son with a swastika tatoo on his forehead. Then you dismiss what could have been a mother******ing bloodbath if one or two assholes had a bad day and took advantage of the situation? Really? That's the best you have?
Get a grip, sweetheart. This was a serious, unprecedented, mob assault. Hopefully, the digital tracks these morons left behind will see them all pay for the repairs and/or get them a taste of criminal justice reform before it gets reformed."

"They planted pipe bombs at the RNC and DNC, infiltrated a secure federal facility during a Join Session of Congress that was validating the votes for the National Election of the President of the United States of America. Their movement was called "StopTheSteal" their intent was to incapacitate Congresses capacity to validate the votes that would effectively verify Joe Biden as President Elect.

In private and public forums it has been found that they were plotting to kidnap sitting congressmen who didn't support the objection. They invaded the office of the parliamentarian with the intention of destroying the certified vote. Their sole goal was to prevent the process which is the peaceful transition of power.
It's about as close to a coup as you can get without calling it a coup -- if you don't want to call it a coup.
Claiming that Trump is too dumb to orchestrate this is fine but if he's too dumb to recognize the disorder he is creating then he is too dumb to remain in office until 1/20"

"Typical, naive, 20/20 hindsight.

Apparently the 10 "hysterical" former Secretaries of Defense were not so sanguine about Trump's ongoing intentions, writing an Op Ed just this week advising the military to avoid entangling itself in election results.
But, I'm sure the view is different from your mother's basement."

"I think you need to change your title from "journalist" to "propagandist". This is a joke, right? Your attempt to get money or attention? What about "We love you" and "You're special". Talk to people who were inside the building, get different points of view from people who were there. Or take the journalist title off your page. It's insulting to the people who earn that title. Just because these idiots didn't succeed doesn't mean you don't call it what it was- a coup. An idiotic doomed one, but a coup nonetheless."

Thanks, that's quite a good comment. I suppose in the end it will all come down to what the courts come up with. If there is evidence of a planned coup then those who took part should get their deserved punishment.
But I find the overall tone of this thread troubling - I understand people don't like Trump but they seem to ignore the problems with the other side.

HOLA447
13 minutes ago, Quiet Guy said:

Thanks, that's quite a good comment. I suppose in the end it will all come down to what the courts come up with. If there is evidence of a planned coup then those who took part should get their deserved punishment.
But I find the overall tone of this thread troubling - I understand people don't like Trump but they seem to ignore the problems with the other side.

Trumpy passed a law last year that the minimum term for desecrating public building is 10 years. Now let’s find these ‘American Patriots’ and bang them up. 

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
6 hours ago, Quiet Guy said:

Whatever their faults they are minimal compared to Trump's. 

HOLA4413
7 hours ago, Quiet Guy said:

Well look I realise that was another ‘it wasn’t us/look at them’ comment but in this situation ‘the other side ‘ is the rest of the world looking on aghast.

HOLA4414

Switching to another platform won’t work as well because he NEEDS antagonists. He needs enemies. He needs people to rail against. 

Being in an echo chamber will suit his narcissism but it will get boring quickly when the only replies are affirmative. 

(As in, it will be boring for him and boring for followers - they like fighting, no opposition, no fighting).

HOLA4415
47 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

Switching to another platform won’t work as well because he NEEDS antagonists. He needs enemies. He needs people to rail against. 

Being in an echo chamber will suit his narcissism but it will get boring quickly when the only replies are affirmative. 

(As in, it will be boring for him and boring for followers - they like fighting, no opposition, no fighting).

Go on Zerohedge comment section, people have very little counter points and conflicts and are happy to upvote the most inflammatory posts, and it has been going on for years

HOLA4416
14 minutes ago, Freki said:

Go on Zerohedge comment section, people have very little counter points and conflicts and are happy to upvote the most inflammatory posts, and it has been going on for years

Sounds boring. 

I’m not saying a narcissist can’t be entertained by never having conflict, I’m saying they can’t build or maintain a congregation of followers that way. 

I’ve been on Gab. Everyone is is stupid and boring. 

Without twitter or facebook he’s just yelling into the void. 

HOLA4417
4 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

Sounds boring. 

I’m not saying a narcissist can’t be entertained by never having conflict, I’m saying they can’t build or maintain a congregation of followers that way. 

None of these other platforms have the reach of established players like Twitter and Facebook. They have the network affect. The oaf will be raging. 😁

HOLA4418
2 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

Sounds boring. 

the contest is now who will be the most outrageous in their post. Stocking hate and making comments without ever looking to provide reliable source to corroborate stuff. 

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
1 minute ago, Young Turk said:

Their worst fear is that Biden dies and is replaced by Harris!

Ha good point, they really hate her too. 

I’m trying to remember my Gab log in so I can see what they’re up to. Mainly planning a Gab phone launch it seems.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
12 hours ago, Quiet Guy said:

That was the argument the insurrectionists made: 

"We understand that Biden won the election, but we find him troubling, so we will attempt to keep Trump in power by force."

That is why I think it might be a mistake not to put down this insurrection (Trump and his mob) using force.

Archived