House Price Crash Forum

Are you stressed out?

It's been stated that around 30-35% of adults are now suffering from anxiety or depression now and that we are losing 2 hours of sleep a night.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/stressed-out-brits-losing-two-22857992

Are you suffering from stress/anxiety/depression and for what reason (house prices, economy, personal finances, your job, losing your job, covid/ lockdown, friends/family, everything, etc...)?

There are lots of on-line "depression diagnosis" questionnaires. 

If anyone actually has depression and has taken one of these "tests", do you think that they are accurate? Or is every case of depression unique and tragic in its own way? 

Not depressed, know those who are finding life at the moment difficult.....could expectations be something to do with it or uncertainty?....some have the bipolar, high highs and low lows, chemicals in individual brains are all different, knowing the signs and how to manage..... exercise, music, nature, calm and meditation are good ways to overcome, ways to help make feel good natural endorphins ....for some over thinking is not advised.....no fear. "All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well".....Julian of Norwich.;)

I'm not depressed but i've developed a pathological hate for landlords and letting agents since receiving my Section 21 a few years ago. Mentally i've never been able to let it go even though i'm now in secure housing. I'm quite vocal about this when I find out people are LLs and it also guides my decisions and friendship groups more than perhaps it should.

I am actually, prolonged uncertainty and a bleak outlook is really destabilising but I can handle it. 

Sadly I personally known three suicides in a year, last one a troubled 18 year old who jumped off a road bridge a few weeks ago, all linked to drug use but likely deeper some underlying psychological problems. This is stoke on trent which had a lot of serious societal issues pre virus.

This national low mood approaching winter could actually be reproductive:  more vulnerable to infections which could in turn make serious disorder and civil disobedience more of a threat, and dark forces at work all over the net purposely wanting to stir things up when we are most vulnerable.

Hard question to answer since my default state is sad and depressed apparently, to me its just the norm to others its the former.  

bored yes, annoyed i cant go for a pint yes, bored of the way this pandemic is handled and the money spunking and no free money to me yes. 

other than that sammo sammo.  getting cv19 might brighten up the day though i like a challenge 

The world I was born into whispered with some scorn, but lots of feigned sympathy, about those who suffered 'mental breakdowns' They were the snowflakes of the day however, and to be avoided.

It followed in the same vein as those in the armed forces who were marked down as "LMF" on their medical records...Lack of Moral Fibre.

As far as I am now concerned, bowts of melancholy, feeling miserable, anxious or down are best dealt with as if they are as normal as a cold. It's just a signal that all is not quite right with your world and that you need to change, adjust or stop doing something or other.

I think that a self serving industry of scoundrels on the make has come in to being that preaches we all need counselling at the drop of a hat. They convince many that they have an extremely dire mental condition. I reach for my pistol whenever I come across them and feel much better for doing so..._

The world I was born into whispered with some scorn, but lots of feigned sympathy, about those who suffered 'mental breakdowns' They were the snowflakes of the day however, and to be avoided.

It followed in the same vein as those in the armed forces who were marked down as "LMF" on their medical records...Lack of Moral Fibre.

As far as I am now concerned, bowts of melancholy, feeling miserable, anxious or down are best dealt with as if they are as normal as a cold. It's just a signal that all is not quite right with your world and that you need to change, adjust or stop doing something or other.

I think that a self serving industry of scoundrels on the make has come in to being that preaches we all need counselling at the drop of a hat. They convince many that they have an extremely dire mental condition. I reach for my pistol whenever I come across them and feel much better for doing so..._

Thank you so much for posting this.

I have always felt the same way, but suddenly, now the US battle seems to have been won, all the other challenges (on my time, mind and energy) rushed in and I felt somewhat deflated and flat. So I'm going to have a takeaway in front of a film. Tomorrow I will play with my son instead of working and go for a (long) walk.