House Price Crash Forum

Just spoken to a london flat owner. 

They've been trying to sell for 6 months now to move to Bedford.

They've seen a nice 200k house and they've offered £700k for it. 

Theyve had zero interest in their flat and have now lost their job. 

They are taking the flat off the market and will try again next year. 

When London collapses the bubble outside of London will collapse much more. 

The house was on for £200k and they went straight in for £700k? Is that a typo?

If not, I'm not surprised they've lost their job given their complete lack of common sense :blink:

The house was on for £200k and they went straight in for £700k? Is that a typo?

If not, I'm not surprised they've lost their job given their complete lack of common sense :blink:

No, locals could only afford 200k. Idiots from London willing to pay 700k from their magicked up free money housing lottery wins 

No, locals could only afford 200k. Idiots from London willing to pay 700k from their magicked up free money housing lottery wins 

Ummm, even if London refugees are going to make a packet on their flat/house sells, I doubt anybody would offer 3 times listed price for a property. If they have 700k to blow on a new pad, they will look for a house that is listed at that price not at 200k. 🙄

Ummm, even if London refugees are going to make a packet on their flat/house sells, I doubt anybody would offer 3 times listed price for a property. If they have 700k to blow on a new pad, they will look for a house that is listed at that price not at 200k. 🙄

I think the point was what the poster thinks the flat is really worth as opposed to what someone from London will be willing to pay on the back of their housing lottery win.

I remember when £250k used to be a life changing sum of money on deal or no deal - now it wouldn’t even buy you a one flat bed in Dagenham!

It's listed at 700K.  It's worth 200.

I think the point was what the poster thinks the flat is really worth as opposed to what someone from London will be willing to pay on the back of their housing lottery win.

I remember when £250k used to be a life changing sum of money on deal or no deal - now it wouldn’t even buy you a one flat bed in Dagenham!

Freudian slip? 🤪

I'd like to help. ....

I'll give 100k to the London flat owners for their flat and they can pay the 200k correct price for the Bedford house.

Everyone happy.

Ooops is that a scream of objection coming from BEDFORD.

Now who was this thread dissing again?

Perhaps it should be titled the Bedford seller?

I'd like to help. ....

I'll give 100k to the London flat owners for their flat and they can pay the 200k correct price for the Bedford house.

Everyone happy.

Ooops is that a scream of objection coming from BEDFORD.

Now who was this thread dissing again?

Perhaps it should be titled the Bedford seller?

Exactly 

I grew up in Bedford, last time I checked out house prices there I seriously LoLed to see an EA calling an area something I don't think it was ever called. I never knew there was a "Poets Village" in Bedford.

I grew up in Bedford, last time I checked out house prices there I seriously LoLed to see an EA calling an area something I don't think it was ever called. I never knew there was a "Poets Village" in Bedford.

I went to school in Streatham apparently its now St. Reeeeetham.  Clapham is Claaaaapham.  Battersea is Batter seeeeeeeah... WTF! Not sure they can do much with Tooting lol.  

I went to school in Streatham apparently its now St. Reeeeetham.  Clapham is Claaaaapham.  Battersea is Batter seeeeeeeah... WTF! Not sure they can do much with Tooting lol.  

Oh, I'm sure that out to east of the city Clapton has become "Lea Valley". Funny that as when I moved to London it was simply known as "Murder Mile". LoL.

We've passed that stage now but worse, apparently Battersea (Clapham Junction side) is not Battersea but Clapham.  I can't tell you how irritating I find this and even restaurants/shops are making this silly error in their marketing/address etc.  When I have explained it is incorrect, they take umbrage until I inform them I was born in this borough so I probably know what I am talking about.  Even Asda at CJ made this error and later corrected it! Sigh.

Tooting Bec, Heaver Estate and the surrounding roads are very nice. A family member owned a house here.  They go for about 1.5M+.

Edited by Buffer Bear

Just spoken to a london flat owner. 

They've been trying to sell for 6 months now to move to Bedford.

Theyve had zero interest in their flat and have now lost their job. 

They are taking the flat off the market and will try again next year. 

When London collapses the bubble outside of London will collapse much more. 

Next year will be much better....