House Price Crash Forum

Do We Need A Seperate Northern England?

HOLA441

Pretty much none of that is true. 

It's just yet more excuses by slopey shouldered brexiters who never accept responsibility for anything. Everything is always someone else's fault.

Waaaaaaaah.

So which treaty has precedence? The Good Friday agreement guaranteeing open borders between the UK and Ireland or the EU treaty Ireland signed which would force a border along Northern Ireland???? What did the court rule on?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

The north voted for Brexit and are now going to be shutdown until they all go bust.

I think Scotland, Wales and the North should go independent and the south should be a new country...........................'Great Southern'..................and rejoin the EU.

I agree, perhaps we could revert to being Normandy!

HOLA443

Talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater.......wanted division, got it......now trying to divide the union and the nation......will not end well.

When people realise that mistakes were made it is still possible to revert, turnaround, Uturn, change.....never give up, always hope that although the future looks bleak travelling along this dark tunnel, there is a light at the end....;)

Yes, we'll be back in the EU before you can say squiddly diddly.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Interesting perspective here:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/oct/25/north-south-divide-old-as-england-itself-unity-is-only--ever-fleeting

I suspect the historical pendulum is starting to swing away from centralisation now. I expect in my lifetime to see the UK become a very loose federation of England, Scotland and Wales, a separate united Ireland with perhaps association status, and England itself federated into strong regional governments. Westminster will be little more than running foreign policy, defence and security, managing a common currency, and a bit of Ruritanian spectacle (State opening etc) to give some sense of historical continuity.

HOLA446

Interesting perspective here:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/oct/25/north-south-divide-old-as-england-itself-unity-is-only--ever-fleeting

I suspect the historical pendulum is starting to swing away from centralisation now. I expect in my lifetime to see the UK become a very loose federation of England, Scotland and Wales, a separate united Ireland with perhaps association status, and England itself federated into strong regional governments. Westminster will be little more than running foreign policy, defence and security, managing a common currency, and a bit of Ruritanian spectacle (State opening etc) to give some sense of historical continuity.

Sounds good to me. I've thought for years that a federal UK is the way to go.

HOLA447

Yes, we'll be back in the EU before you can say squiddly diddly.

Not sure if you are serious here -but I agree. Not full EU membership, but very close alignment with some inherent rule following and agreements made whilst being 'sovereign' too, whatever that means.

If UK booms post Brexit (unlikely) then free trade would be in everyone's interest, If the Uk tanks, sooner or later an angry younger generation will join the dots and start to complain things aren't like what they used to be. The magnifying glass of covid and demographics would likely swing any 2nd referendum.

As with Brexit, any foreign interest VI's will heavily promote this regional Uk idea, with sufficient facebook ads and a few well placed 'influencer' spivs the idea could gain traction fast. Few would have believed in a referendum just a decade ago, let alone the result.

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA448
HOLA449

The majority of women I have met/worked with from Yorkshire are lesbian, that to me says a lot about Yorkshire men!

All Yorkshire women tell soft southern men pestering them that they are lesbian.  It saves them having to punch the softies in mouth 😆

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

So which treaty has precedence? The Good Friday agreement guaranteeing open borders between the UK and Ireland or the EU treaty Ireland signed which would force a border along Northern Ireland???? What did the court rule on?

The border between North and South in Ireland was put in place by the British Parliament in 1921.

It was effectively removed by membership of the EU and re-instated by the British Government in 2020 when it choose to leave the EU.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

why anyone who's already struggling financially would vote for Brexit

Femi is gold

Frankie Boyle Aldo summed it up with a Sunderland example....something like ..”the reason Brexit won the vote was because politicians were telling people in Sunderland that things would get worse. Those in Sunderland looked outside at the broken fridge in their front garden and thought...bring it on”

Not really a summary of the whole north south thing...but those with less to lose really do have less to lose. 

HOLA4415

All Yorkshire women tell soft southern men pestering them that they are lesbian.  It saves them having to punch the softies in mouth 😆

You talking out your backside, one person I worked with told me Yorkshire men are boring in bed, I did meet her partner so can confirm she does bat for the other side, and I know all the others so unfortuantely for it is very much a fact that Yorkshiremen cannot satisfy a woman! 

HOLA4416

You talking out your backside, one person I worked with told me Yorkshire men are boring in bed, I did meet her partner so can confirm she does bat for the other side, and I know all the others so unfortuantely for it is very much a fact that Yorkshiremen cannot satisfy a woman! 

She went to a whole new level getting a mate to pretend to be her partner. 

You seem to be getting your knickers in a twist matey.

This is what happens when you live in the south and drink watered down beer with female hormones in it.😆

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

She went to a whole new level getting a mate to pretend to be her partner. 

You seem to be getting your knickers in a twist matey.

This is what happens when you live in the south and drink watered down beer with female hormones in it.😆

Dream on, you know its the truth! Actually the way men in Yorkshire trat women it's hardly surprisng! 

HOLA4419

Uhhh...so how does Westminster's neglect of the North logically tie into "We need to STOP. BREXIT!"?

Everything translates into "we need to stop Brexit" if you're a Remainer. They share a very similar view of the world to Donald Trump ("everything translates in to 'I won really'").

Archived