House Price Crash Forum

Do you own a house?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a house?

• Tenant, with parents, Squatting
    • FTB, boomer, BTL owner
  2. 2. What part of the country do you live in?

3. 3. Generation

• Boomer
    • Generation X or Y or even Z

I'm a housing association tenant. Me and my girlfriend pay £110 per week rent. This allows us to save over £500 per week out of our modest incomes. If we were renting privately for an equivalent flat in our area we'd probably be paying around 2.5x that. 

Q1 I'm neither,

I own my own home, I'm not a FTB, boomer or BTL owner, I'm just middle aged and not happy with the rediculous house prices that my four children will never be able to afford over the next 10 years

Same

1 I eventually paid my mortgage off, not one of your choices.

2 I don't live in the North or the South

Would have been nice if the "do you own a house?" question was just a straight "Yes/No" and if people generally remembered that the Midlands exists! 

Though I live unambiguously in the South now I'm from the East Midlands originally, and it continues to amaze me how overlooked the Midlands is in all the "North/South" conversations, let alone East Anglia or even Wales in this poll!

I kind of get the point though - it's really "Do you live in the South of England?  Yes/No" and so if I still lived there I'd have ticked North meaning "No" (not because imagine places like Leicester, Derby and Nottingham should be rounded into the North!!)

I kind of get the point though - it's really "Do you live in the South of England?  Yes/No" and so if I still lived there I'd have ticked North meaning "No" (not because imagine places like Leicester, Derby and Nottingham should be rounded into the North!!)

Although some of Derbyshire definitely is - the northernmost tip of Derbyshire is north of Manchester and Sheffield.

I started a a similar thread survey many moons ago whet into several pages then bumped months later.....title if can recall correctly was: Where do you live? such as in a mortgaged home, owned outright, council home, housing auth home, sofa surfing, with parents, campervan, shed, HMO, private renting etc, etc.......gave more informed information.;)