House Price Crash Forum

I decided to join the rest of the world and get a "smart" phone .

Its the Google Pixel 4a. £23/month (with cashback) unlimited mins/txts and 56gb  of data (Vodafone) from Mobiles(.co.uk). No upfront cost.

Very impressed with it. It can do everything. I'm getting used to swiping around and using it.. slowly getting the hang of it. 

One of the advantages is they offer 3 years of guaranteed software (android) updates. So that's good.

If you're looking for a new phone I would recommend the Pixel 4a!

I decided to join the rest of the world and get a "smart" phone .

Its the Google Pixel 4a. £23/month (with cashback) unlimited mins/txts and 56gb  of data (Vodafone) from Mobiles(.co.uk). No upfront cost.

Very impressed with it. It can do everything. I'm getting used to swiping around and using it.. slowly getting the hang of it. 

One of the advantages is they offer 3 years of guaranteed software (android) updates. So that's good.

If you're looking for a new phone I would recommend the Pixel 4a!

The camera on those is also supposed to be awesome. I'm a Motorola loyalist but wouldn't mind one of those.

The camera on those is also supposed to be awesome. I'm a Motorola loyalist but wouldn't mind one of those.

Haven't tried the camera yet but yes, it's supposed to be good.  it's brand new and very well made.  

I did a lot of research and looking around on YouTube before deciding to get the Pixel 4a. They have also released a 5G phone but that doesn't really interest me...4G should be ok for me and most people.

Motorola is Lenovo now.

Lenovo brand yes. The best all round phones I reckon, I smashed my G6 and reverted to an old (4 Year old) G4 Play, data wipe and new battery and all good. Its got soaking wet so many times its unbelievable the microphone still works, a problem I had with early Androids.

Voda were very helpful porting my old number over  It was so simple!

Gave my old phone to a mate and set him up on Giffgaff(.com). £6/month for unlimited calls/txts and no contract. That is a bargain @longgonewould be proud of . 

Got to love the free market

Voda were very helpful porting my old number over  It was so simple!

Gave my old phone to a mate and set him up on Giffgaff(.com). £6/month for unlimited calls/txts and no contract. That is a bargain @longgonewould be proud of . 

Got to love the free market

Trouble is giffgaff use three as a piggyback, depends where you are located for quality Of service. I use lebara now 10gb data unlimited text and minutes £9 no contract they use Vodafone.

Trouble is giffgaff use three as a piggyback, depends where you are located for quality Of service. I use lebara now 10gb data unlimited text and minutes £9 no contract they use Vodafone.

Yeah thatis pretty good.  I think giffgaff use o2 that's what i saw on the website i believe.  Three's network is cr@p i wouldn't recommend it ! 

The contract i got isn't bad with the cashback and they threw in the phone  

Lenovo brand yes. The best all round phones I reckon, I smashed my G6 and reverted to an old (4 Year old) G4 Play, data wipe and new battery and all good. Its got soaking wet so many times its unbelievable the microphone still works, a problem I had with early Androids.

They were the best, but now updates are very random and the build is not as good but they use stock android with no bloated overlays which I like. There was a fantastic deal on the moto g 5g for 189 on ebay. Bargain.

The samsung m51 seems a good deal too now with a 7000mah massive battery. Samsung are offering trade ins on old broke phones.

Yeah thatis pretty good.  I think giffgaff use o2 that's what i saw on the website i believe.  Three's network is cr@p i wouldn't recommend it ! 

The contract i got isn't bad with the cashback and they threw in the phone  

Ah yes o2, I used ID mobile that was 3 it was terrible. Plusnet was ok using EE but it's a cut down service with no short SMS support and not using some 800mhz bands either.

Need to check the small print with all these providers.

Lenovo laptops are the best and value for money... like 300 quid for an ideapad and they're very well made 

I think you'd like the google pixel 4A @longgoneit's not to big like a Samsung fits in your pocket etc. and fast. Well worth it + 3 years of software updates and fast charging.

They cost like £350 sim free which is expensive or on contract for £30/month.

The 5G  version s £550 (!!!) waste of money.

Edited by Warlord

Lenovo laptops are the best and value for money... like 300 quid for an ideapad and they're very well made 

I think you'd like the google pixel 4A @longgoneit's not to big like a Samsung fits in your pocket etc. and fast. Well worth it + 3 years of software updates and fast charging.

They cost like £350 sim free which is expensive or on contract for £30/month.

The 5G  version s £550 (!!!) waste of money.

Yes I have an ideapad with the top of the range ryzen 4800u.

Pixels software is its plus point and optimisation that is its selling point.

I like large battery phones.