House Price Crash Forum

The perfect obscure non dance track

Not all of them stayed obscure of course, but I was sorting out an old box of letters and found confirmation that I was indeed at one of their (probably) 1991 gigs. As I'm more and more coming to the conclusion that 1991 was when the world changed, I thought I would post this.

If I come up with a similar excuse, maybe I'll start a "non obscure" thread.

Or maybe someone else will.

Pre edit: On the assumption that nobody else will post to this thread, I'll keep posting. It's not spam if nobody is eating.

Like that, never heard it before and I'm an official got the t-shirt indie kid, but i see it released in 1992 by which time British music had changed a lot with the movement into house but of course there were cross over bands.

I've tried to keep on topic with obscure and recalling this. This is jangling New Zealand Indie pop from the mid eighties, super obscure, super cool.

Double Happy "The Others Way"

I like it.

I'd like to think the Jesus and Mary Chain were fans but then they looked out the window and it was Glasgow. ☹️

Here is another one - also from Oxford in the early 90's, but... different.

Something a bit quieter...

OK, so the artist is not exactly obscure, nor is the producer, but the album this track is taken from is.