1. 1. Average age

• 50 years and under
    • 50 years over
  2. 2. Gender

3. 3. Sexuality

• Straight
    • Gay. Lesbian, transgender

HOLA441

Probably because you a Christian, western culture multi generation bred woman, the this guys wife / marriage is from a different culture when the man is still king, whatever money the woman earns. Plenty of cultures still operate that way in the world.

Western women will have a massive shock if society ever collapses and we return to the law of the jungle. Society will no longer enforce your current rights.

Western not Christian.  I think you have might have overlooked that societies/culture evolve/change and as I live in the West, this is what suits me best.  I'm not sure what a man has to do to earn the title of king?  Again, this will be different for different cultures. In terms of western women losing their rights, I'm not so sure about this.  I do wonder if you have daughters and if so, what you have taught them and what value do you attach their lives. 

It is men that seem to be finding their role in society more obscure/less clear.  Me, I am fully independent including financially and absolutely love the freedom it affords me.  I'm raising my female children to have a similar outlook/values and if they do, the world will be a more equal world.  😁

I'm guessing none of your family were in the army, then.  All soldiers iron their own uniform, and some of them are pretty big lads.  I'd love to see you go up to a squaddie and say that ironing is women's work and you'll only do it if he can beat you in a physical battle ;)

That's a very apt response and highlights the 'irrationality' of statements we might make from time to time.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Why are you obsessed with mumsnet?  Seems very beta/subservient.  No wonder you can't afford to buy a house! :D

I am not an alpha, so i must be by default beta.

HOLA443

I feel for the young men and boys today, they really don't know what their role should be and if they do whether it is still possible for them to be a hunter, gatherer and protector in this day and age......what ordinary working man can buy a home in the area they grew up, support a wife and children on one wage today?;)

HOLA444

I feel for the young men and boys today, they really don't know what their role should be and if they do whether it is still possible for them to be a hunter, gatherer and protector in this day and age......what ordinary working man can buy a home in the area they grew up, support a wife and children on one wage today?;)

It’s fine, they simply identify as a gender neutral porcupine and spend all day playing anime games while fantasising about torturing JK Rowling. Totally normal. 

HOLA445

Yeah, the men's rights movement is growing these days. Some of the issues really need to be looked at. For example, courts favoring women over men, exams being systematically rigged in favour of girls and so on. But sometimes I feel the activists are just frustrated that they can't get a date! Complaining about dating aps and such. These are still really interesting, though. Not really a massive deal for me, but I do enjoy hearing the arguments. I like this youtube channel

HOLA446

Yeah, the men's rights movement is growing these days. Some of the issues really need to be looked at. For example, courts favoring women over men, exams being systematically rigged in favour of girls and so on. But sometimes I feel the activists are just frustrated that they can't get a date! Complaining about dating aps and such. These are still really interesting, though. Not really a massive deal for me, but I do enjoy hearing the arguments. I like this youtube channel

What courts? 

What exams? 

HOLA447

What courts? 

What exams? 

The main objection seems to be to family courts. Supposedly divorce and custody rulings are favorable to women. But courts in general convict women less often and hand down lower sentences for similar offences. To me this has a ring of truth to it.

Exams being rigged is fairly obvious, too. In the '50s boys outperformed girls in exams. I think grades were about 20% higher. So exams were changed. Over time questions boys did well on and girls not so well were removed. Questions girls tend to get right were added to replace them. It was systematic and deliberate. Also subjects were changed to favour girls, for example statistics replacing calculus, format changed to continual assesment from exams and so forth. So far as I know this is not in dispute and not denied by anyone involved. Now girls get about 20% better grades than boys.

HOLA448

I am not an alpha, so i must be by default beta.

There's also omega apperently. Kind of like a N/A or Don't care

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

If we are to talk about the jungle, spare a thought for the bonobos. It's female bonobos not male ones that rule the roost, they're some of our closest cousins in the animal kingdom and are a lot less violent than chimps. 

They are however, sexually promiscuous to a rather disturbing extent. 

HOLA4412

I do wonder if you have daughters and if so, what you have taught them and what value do you attach their lives. 

My eldest is a daughter. She is free to believe what she wants to believe. But i have taught her to Fish, helped her Learn to shoot (in addition to her Cadets) and schooled her on money and how the world works. 

Wife told me on Friday that Daughter has told her she is a "Feminist".  She is an early teen, and since she was 11 I got her a mobile phone, I pay the £22 a month 20meg data unlimited calls and texts EE contract. A bought her iphone SE 64. 

There are no strings for this, i ask nothing in return. I want her to keep up with her peers.

So today i asked her about her being a "feminist". She waffled on, i listened. When she had finished i told her i have cancelled her mobile contract, at the beginning of November she has to provide her own £22 a month. Find a job somehow, or do chores mum and i request, and we will pay her trivial amounts for each task, akin to child labour in the 3rd world.

She went white, said you cant, and burst into tears, ran to her room. 

Tomorrow i will explain that those that provide for the world , and her world (The Men) , make the rules. If she wants to believe she doesn't need a man, crack on, do everything yourself, good luck.

HOLA4413

My eldest is a daughter. She is free to believe what she wants to believe. But i have taught her to Fish, helped her Learn to shoot (in addition to her Cadets) and schooled her on money and how the world works. Wonderful.

Wife told me on Friday that Daughter has told her she is a "Feminist".  She is an early teen, and since she was 11 I got her a mobile phone, I pay the £22 a month 20meg data unlimited calls and texts EE contract. A bought her iphone SE 64.  Spoilt.  My ones had a basic phone until they were 13/16.  One is now getting a SE but not at those rates.  I transfer GBs from our 100gb contact (£20) to her.  Encourage her to grow/develop and she will come to her own position.  

There are no strings for this, i ask nothing in return. I want her to keep up with her peers.  I understand the pressure so I have a mixed bag approach.  They can't have it all otherwise the value of money is not understood.

So today i asked her about her being a "feminist". She waffled on, i listened. When she had finished i told her i have cancelled her mobile contract, at the beginning of November she has to provide her own £22 a month. Find a job somehow, or do chores mum and i request, and we will pay her trivial amounts for each task, akin to child labour in the 3rd world.  Harsh, in my view but as her parents, this is your right.  My children are expected to do some minor chores as a matter of course.  Keep up.  Developing countries, less econcomically developed etc.  I've learnt something from children.

She went white, said you cant, and burst into tears, ran to her room. As I said, I don't agree but a spoilt bratish (no offence) response such as this would have been enough for me to cancel any of my children's contracts!  They have to be earned, they are not a right.

Tomorrow i will explain that those that provide for the world , and her world (The Men) , make the rules. If she wants to believe she doesn't need a man, crack on, do everything yourself, good luck.  I'm confused by this point.  Are you saying that in your home, as the man of the house, patriarchy rules? So if your DD1 does not follow the party line, will she be banished?  This sounds cruel and depending on where you live, does not fit with progression being made in wider society.  Your role as her father is to encourage her to be the best she can be, protect and nurture her and raise a kind, confident, respectful, hardworking, honest member of society.  Be careful not to break her.  The relationship between father and daughter can be one of the most meaningful.  Treat it with care would be my advice.  I say this without understanding the cultural context that you are raising your family and have not taken this into account, which might be very relevant.  In my home, we strive for more of a balance based on similar values.  Either way, good luck.

My eldest is a daughter. She is free to believe what she wants to believe. But i have taught her to Fish, helped her Learn to shoot (in addition to her Cadets) and schooled her on money and how the world works. Wonderful.

Wife told me on Friday that Daughter has told her she is a "Feminist".  She is an early teen, and since she was 11 I got her a mobile phone, I pay the £22 a month 20meg data unlimited calls and texts EE contract. A bought her iphone SE 64.  Spoilt.  My ones had a basic phone until they were 13/16.  One is now getting a SE but not at those rates.  I transfer GBs from our 100gb contact (£20) to her.  Encourage her to grow/develop and she will come to her own position.  

There are no strings for this, i ask nothing in return. I want her to keep up with her peers.  I understand the pressure so I have a mixed bag approach.  They can't have it all otherwise the value of money is not understood.

So today i asked her about her being a "feminist". She waffled on, i listened. When she had finished i told her i have cancelled her mobile contract, at the beginning of November she has to provide her own £22 a month. Find a job somehow, or do chores mum and i request, and we will pay her trivial amounts for each task, akin to child labour in the 3rd world.  Harsh, in my view but as her parents, this is your right.  My children are expected to do some minor chores as a matter of course. Keep up.  Developing countries, less econcomically developed etc.  I've learnt something from children.

She went white, said you cant, and burst into tears, ran to her room. As I said, I don't agree but a spoilt bratish (no offence) response such as this would have been enough for me to cancel any of my children's contracts!  They have to be earned, they are not a right.

Tomorrow i will explain that those that provide for the world , and her world (The Men) , make the rules. If she wants to believe she doesn't need a man, crack on, do everything yourself, good luck.  I'm confused by this point.  Are you saying that in your home, as the man of the house, patriarchy rules? So if your DD1 does not follow the party line, will she be banished?  This sounds cruel and depending on where you live, does not fit with progression being made in wider society.  Your role as her father is to encourage her to be the best she can be, protect and nurture her and raise a kind, confident, respectful, hardworking, honest member of society.  Be careful not to break her.  The relationship between father and daughter can be one of the most meaningful.  Treat it with care would be my advice.  I say this without understanding the cultural context that you are raising your family and have not taken this into account, which might be very relevant.  In my home, we strive for more of a balance based on similar values.  Either way, good luck.

Edited by Buffer Bear
Copied response to the correct text box to ensure it was visible.

HOLA4414

I think the last sentence places men under huge pressure and although I like to think I am quite balanced etc, I still drift back to stereotypical expectations...i.e. my husband can put out the bins, he should earn a big fat salary (he doesn't) etc

It’s fine, they simply identify as a gender neutral porcupine and spend all day playing anime games while fantasising about torturing JK Rowling. Totally normal. 

😂

The main objection seems to be to family courts. Supposedly divorce and custody rulings are favorable to women. But courts in general convict women less often and hand down lower sentences for similar offences. To me this has a ring of truth to it.

Exams being rigged is fairly obvious, too. In the '50s boys outperformed girls in exams. I think grades were about 20% higher. So exams were changed. Over time questions boys did well on and girls not so well were removed. Questions girls tend to get right were added to replace them. It was systematic and deliberate. Also subjects were changed to favour girls, for example statistics replacing calculus, format changed to continual assesment from exams and so forth. So far as I know this is not in dispute and not denied by anyone involved. Now girls get about 20% better grades than boys.

Really?  Are we sure that the exams were not previously rigged to suit boys so are now more balanced? 😁

HOLA4415

My eldest is a daughter. She is free to believe what she wants to believe. But i have taught her to Fish, helped her Learn to shoot (in addition to her Cadets) and schooled her on money and how the world works. 

Wife told me on Friday that Daughter has told her she is a "Feminist".  She is an early teen, and since she was 11 I got her a mobile phone, I pay the £22 a month 20meg data unlimited calls and texts EE contract. A bought her iphone SE 64. 

There are no strings for this, i ask nothing in return. I want her to keep up with her peers.

So today i asked her about her being a "feminist". She waffled on, i listened. When she had finished i told her i have cancelled her mobile contract, at the beginning of November she has to provide her own £22 a month. Find a job somehow, or do chores mum and i request, and we will pay her trivial amounts for each task, akin to child labour in the 3rd world.

She went white, said you cant, and burst into tears, ran to her room. 

Tomorrow i will explain that those that provide for the world , and her world (The Men) , make the rules. If she wants to believe she doesn't need a man, crack on, do everything yourself, good luck.

Make her an account on here, I need to hear what she thinks about house prices. 

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I think the last sentence places men under huge pressure and although I like to think I am quite balanced etc, I still drift back to stereotypical expectations...i.e. my husband can put out the bins, he should earn a big fat salary (he doesn't) etc

😂

It puts men under pressure because they're led to believe that is who they are, what they are expected to do.....that is what they have always done, that is what their fathers did........the word balanced is a good one, because male and female are becoming more balanced and equal whether we like it or not......some women might morn the loss of their past role in history as much as some men do........It now takes two people collectively to work in partnership, swapping skills and talents to have a greater chance for both of them to reach an achievable goal of prosperity in work and family life.....if it can work out, can make life a whole lot easier for all concerned.....no man is an Island.;)

HOLA4420

There's also omega apperently. Kind of like a N/A or Don't care

Yeah just googled that, i can relate to that,

A long long time ago an Alpha tried to make me into a beta, i thought F U i am not participating in this, and pulled a wad on notes out of my pocket (£2000+) and loudly said in front of the group "LOOK I KNOW YOU DONT HAVE ANY MONEY LET ME BUY YOU A BEER" 

he could not pull off the alpha crap with that kind of attack, he accepted a beer and skulked off into the corner, for about 15 minutes i was an alpha but really i wanted to start a company and be rich not be an alpha so i just left.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Many British women born the last few decades have a deluded sense of entitlement (never experienced that with Croatian German French Austrian E European females i know v well (:-) ). And this sense of feeling that they can do selfishly what they want is exacerbated with British mothers    

HOLA4423

Many British women born the last few decades have a deluded sense of entitlement (never experienced that with Croatian German French Austrian E European females i know v well (:-) ). And this sense of feeling that they can do selfishly what they want is exacerbated with British mothers    

I sometimes wonder where they picked up their ideology from.

HOLA4424

....best avoid the gold diggers, plenty of them, all is not what can be seen.....start  with a level playing field.;)

HOLA4425

Fook That, i'm an Alpha, if you aint another Alpha, you're a Beta. You can call yourself an Omega, but you do what us Alpha's tell you, which makes you a beta.

Dream on. At most you'll get someone paying lip service because it's not worth the hassle arguing with you then completely ignoring you once you're back's turned.