81 members have voted

1. 1. Average age

• 50 years and under
    • 50 years over
  2. 2. Gender

3. 3. Sexuality

• Straight
    • Gay. Lesbian, transgender

So it seems the average mumsnetter at the moment...

Breast feeds her kids till they are 10

Gets their tits out in Tesco (it's a woman right, they are just the same as men's breasts apparently)

Loves and accepts people of all race, ethnicity, age, culture, dress sense, religion etc... but no transgender people(for some reason)

dislikes men and identifies as a feminist

Like to think they are liberal and free and natural and organic

Doesn't judge anybody at all ever (but is actually very judgmental!)

Loves teachers - teachers can do no wrong (to say so is teacher bashing)

Has the exact perfect relationship with their children (encourages independence, no tiger mums here! But never neglectful and always at the ready to call social services for other people's children )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets work out what our averages are.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I voted based on how I think you all are on here, not my actual details as I couldn't see the thread until I voted.

I'm on both sites and to be honest, I rarely post here because this is clearly a site for the lads.

You think MNetters don't like men? I'd say HPC don't respect women.

As your thread so clearly shows 🙄

Edited by BoredByTorque

I'm on both sites and to be honest, I rarely post here because the is clearly a site for the lads.

You think MNetters don't like men? I'd say HPC don't respect woman.

Absolutely agree with you, seems full of men who are annoyed they don't own a house (despite having been given every opportunity in the world) yet think all women want is to 'trick' them into giving over half their nugatory possessions after the divorce.

Oh I voted based on how I think you all are on here, not my actual details as I couldn't see the thread until I voted.

I'm on both sites and to be honest, I rarely post here because the is clearly a site for the lads.

You think MNetters don't like men? I'd say HPC don't respect woman.

Not going to disagree with you as you are right.

Absolutely agree with you, seems full of men who are annoyed they don't own a house (despite having been given every opportunity in the world) yet think all women want is to 'trick' them into giving over half their nugatory possessions after the divorce.

You have picked up on the two different inhabitants of this site, they are separate, group 1 they did not buy a house as they thought logically that house prices would crash, Group 2 have probably had a bad divorce so they are angry and bitter 

Not me, i explained to my wife of 13 years the other day in bed, what the "long con" was. You find a pretty woman, imigrant on a visa, with a hard work ethic, and a good religious belief you shouldn't divorce (Catholic), impress her with a flash company car and your own house in your early 30's. 

Have a few fun years, take her on middle class stuff like snowboarding and some nice beach holidays. Take her back to her home country and secretly spend £3k on an local 1ct diamond platinum engagement ring. Propose to her on a dawn breakfast trip on the side of signal hill overlooking Capetown as the sun comes up. 

Get her pregnant, support her job in a massive global company, impress her again by selling up at the right time, going into rented then buying after a crash and jumping from a 2 bed to a 5 bed. Help her get her UK passport. Give her a second child so she has one of each sex now. Use you dads money (volenteered) to put them through private primary school.  

Then make a second blinding house move to jump to a bigger posher detached village 5 bed house with a huge garden, but happily sign over 50% of equity in the new joint mortgage (makes her feel secure) , give it a few years to settle. Then drop the bombshell as she is doing so well in her job (out earning you the hubby), you want to start your own business, so you do. And you potter about just doing enough to pull in a few £k a month, take the kids to school, and collect them every day, while your wife works 12 hr + days and does a 70 mile round trip commute every day (buy her an expensive electric car she loves to do it in). 

Suddenly you have manovered yourself to a cushy life, do a part time self employed job, and she is now "the man" ,slogging her guts out to earn the biggest wage. 

And that, is the long con.................................. 

She was not happy and hit me several times as i burst into laughter. Bless her. I explained that if we divorce i will expect 1/2 her earnings to be kept in the lifestyle i am accustomed too, and 1/2 the house. Welcome to equal rights for women. 

She still loves me.

Not me, i explained to my wife of 13 years the other day in bed, what the "long con" was. You find a pretty woman, imigrant on a visa, with a hard work ethic, and a good religious belief you shouldn't divorce (Catholic), impress her with a flash company car and your own house in your early 30's. 

Have a few fun years, take her on middle class stuff like snowboarding and some nice beach holidays. Take her back to her home country and secretly spend £3k on an local 1ct diamond platinum engagement ring. Propose to her on a dawn breakfast trip on the side of signal hill overlooking Capetown as the sun comes up. 

Get her pregnant, support her job in a massive global company, impress her again by selling up at the right time, going into rented then buying after a crash and jumping from a 2 bed to a 5 bed. Help her get her UK passport. Give her a second child so she has one of each sex now. Use you dads money (volenteered) to put them through private primary school.  

Then make a second blinding house move to jump to a bigger posher detached village 5 bed house with a huge garden, but happily sign over 50% of equity in the new joint mortgage (makes her feel secure) , give it a few years to settle. Then drop the bombshell as she is doing so well in her job (out earning you the hubby), you want to start your own business, so you do. And you potter about just doing enough to pull in a few £k a month, take the kids to school, and collect them every day, while your wife works 12 hr + days and does a 70 mile round trip commute every day (buy her an expensive electric car she loves to do it in). 

Suddenly you have manovered yourself to a cushy life, do a part time self employed job, and she is now "the man" ,slogging her guts out to earn the biggest wage. 

She was not happy and hit me several times as i burst into laughter. Bless her. I explained that if we divorce i will expect 1/2 her earnings to be kept in the lifestyle i am accustomed too, and 1/2 the house. Welcome to equal rights for women. 

She still loves me.

My wife is also more intelligent than me......best to keep these things secret.

My wife is also more intelligent than me......best to keep these things secret.

So is my wife, she still has to do the washing, cleaning and ironing though, i'm not a "cuck".  But i will do the shopping and cooking, because as a fully qualified chef, it's pretty easy, and i can do any diy and fix anything pretty much. she admitted the other day if she left me she would be worse off, have to do everything for the kids and all the cooking too. 

Luckily she is that woman who "loves the office" and believes a multi billion $$ global company will collapse if she is not there for it. Hey Ho.

She still loves me.

Lol I knew a guy like that. he's dead now as his wife bashed his head in with a claw hammer just after cooking him dinner.

Lol I knew a guy like that. he's dead now as his wife bashed his head in with a claw hammer just after cooking him dinner.

Ha, my wife only cooks when i'm away, apart from Fathers day brekkie in bed. She is more likely to smother me, lol.

Ha, my wife only cooks when i'm away, apart from Fathers day brekkie in bed. She is more likely to smother me, lol.

Lol you laugh but a lot of women are far worse than men. So far had one try to glass me and another take a swing with a piece of wood I was in my early 20s though.

Sure you said you married a saffa, they can be violent.

People claim we should watch our misogyny, but I think we should be paying closer attention to misandry. Aren't middle aged white men the last group of people society is legitimately allowed to hate? That's the real crime if ever there was one. 

She still loves me.

😂

On a serious note, do make sure she builds in quality time with the children otherwise she could become quite resentful of you or have regrets in the future.

So is my wife, she still has to do the washing, cleaning and ironing though, i'm not a "cuck".  But i will do the shopping and cooking, because as a fully qualified chef, it's pretty easy, and i can do any diy and fix anything pretty much. she admitted the other day if she left me she would be worse off, have to do everything for the kids and all the cooking too. 

Luckily she is that woman who "loves the office" and believes a multi billion $$ global company will collapse if she is not there for it. Hey Ho.

Interesting, as my job is so demanding, my husband (better work/life balance) does all the washing, ironing (not much of that happening as at home mostly now - school uniform) and most of the cooking, washing up.  We share the cleaning as it's not done to my standards!  I can tell you now, I wouldn't accept it any other way, well, unless he was a chef of course.

I'm on both sites and to be honest, I rarely post here because this is clearly a site for the lads.

You think MNetters don't like men? I'd say HPC don't respect women.

I did the same!

Accurate though,  apart from my age as I am under 50, though only by a few years.

- I would say a lot of sexist men, probably blokes who are horribly unattractive beta males and divorcees who have lost everything 

- Plus a lot of people who consciously chose not to work ‘to play the system’ and didn’t realise there was a huge push for basically making anyone who bought a house to basically become lottery winners, and thus ‘being smart playing the system’ turned into ‘just being a loser no-one respects’ and are now bitter about that, but find HPC is one of the few places you can get truest good insights by a range of people

- a few retired boomers who can’t understand why their world view is not correct, get angry that they are not respected, and can’t bare to admit they were very lucky and none of their luck was down to hard work, in fact in reality they are quite dim and lazy, spend most of their time on the brexit thread and throwing a few meaningless common insights into other threads 

- a few struggling aspiring FTB’s just starting on their journey of understanding the situation

- a few preppers

- a good few racists who blame EVERYTHING on a few boats landing, or immigration in general, but I think this is pretty normal (sadly) for a slice of the British population, same people who complain about foreign aid and that general vain of people

- a few hidden gem posters who are actually quite senior influential people, who do have cutting insights into situations, these are the people I stick around for and these are the people you generally won’t find elsewhere 

- a few hidden gem posters who are actually quite senior influential people, who do have cutting insights into situations, these are the people I stick around for and these are the people you generally won’t find elsewhere 

The other site has a lot of those now.

My husband tries to fool me with this statement.  

Yes, my wife works full time, cooks ALL the meals cleans the house to an incredible standard loves gardening, and her hobby is painting landscape so how difficult do you think it was for me to convince her to paint the kitchen and start doing the DIY in furlough and now she has learnt that skill it will continue.

.....and she is very attractive and a much nicer person then me. 

My part of the relationship seems to be doing the shopping on Amazon prime.

and can’t bare to admit they were very lucky and none of their luck was down to hard work

The boomer I know are respected by the people the care about such as friends and family - they are not bothered about what others think - they are not the snowflake generation who need approval from the rest of the universe 

Why did she choose you ? Love ?

Anything wrong with,loving your partner? ! 

People claim we should watch our misogyny, but I think we should be paying closer attention to misandry. Aren't middle aged white men the last group of people society is legitimately allowed to hate? That's the real crime if ever there was one. 

Exactly see jilted ignorant comments

and can’t bare to admit they were very lucky and none of their luck was down to hard work,

Not true - I employ 2 boomers they are far harder working than some of the millennials I have had to let go.

As for luck - yes they were lucky in that house prices were more affordable but that is not their fault.   There are people who are now moaning they cannot afford to buy a house who could have done but waited as they thought they were being so very clever and that prices were going to fall and they would make money.  They were only concerned with a financial gain not a home. Then they whine because others have made money on a property which is exactly what they wanted to do.  Some folk, take advantage of their luck others do not. 

in fact in reality they are quite dim and lazy,

A ridiculous and childish generalization 

spend most of their time on the brexit thread

No most people on that thread seem be be snowflakes who are still whinging about a vote that took place over 4 years ago and are not able to understand that sometimes they do not get everything they want as they are so entitled.