House Price Crash Forum

How long can this mania go on for ?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How long can this mania go on for ?

• It's over
    • Till the stamp duty holiday ends
    • Till the £ or economy collapses
    • Till 2 million are dead of CV19 and the immigrants are all going home
    • It will never end

How long can this mania go on for ?

2007/2008 bank collapse

2016 Brexit

2020 CV19

At every turn when prices have fallen they have magicked up cash and lend more and more into the bubble.

Prices are crazy.

But still the HPI mania marches on.

At the slightest sniff of falls they wheel out another prop.  

London is falling so Boris wants to use our cash to underwrite massive sub prime mortgages.

I see no end other than all out total collapse of the £.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

We had the chance of a controlled, if bumpy, landing - Cameron and Osborne could've easily played it as Labours mess that needed a ConLib coalition to fix, and set a recovery to a GE win for a generation, but they p*ssed it away.

We have no backing in either the USD or EUR block. 

This is a return to 3rd world feudalism..a few ultra rich and the masses distracted by Br*xit, scaremongering, and cheap soundbites

houses to quadruple by 2030 and wages to be 5% higher.  average loan 20x earnings and mortgages for 80 years.  😂

All backed by the people paying the 20x earnings mortgages :lol: 

It's not really a question of when house prices will collapse, more a question of how they will collapse and how totally and utterly destroyed will we all be.

All backed by the people paying the 20x earnings mortgages :lol: 

It's not really a question of when house prices will collapse, more a question of how they will collapse and how totally and utterly destroyed will we all be.

i need to find more places to stick the popcorn.  

Hpi the movie. 

"Before they were subtle now its just blatant"  it`s almost like a fast and furious trilogy the phucker never ends. 

Certainly in SW London and Surrey last 10 days or so, something has happened. Loads of reductions, at least 5 houses back on market that were SSTC. And since Monday we've had phone calls from 4 different EA's desperate for us to go for 2nd viewings or consider offers if we're keen - as they have a lot of interest; I mean seriously you now have my best interest at heart having ignored me for the past 2 months 🤣.

Last EA conversation I had, I made it clear they now work for us, set them a budget and told them to go and speak to their kite flyers to see if anyone actually wants to sell.

Certainly in SW London and Surrey last 10 days or so, something has happened. Loads of reductions, at least 5 houses back on market that were SSTC. And since Monday we've had phone calls from 4 different EA's desperate for us to go for 2nd viewings or consider offers if we're keen - as they have a lot of interest; I mean seriously you now have my best interest at heart having ignored me for the past 2 months 🤣.

Last EA conversation I had, I made it clear they now work for us, set them a budget and told them to go and speak to their kite flyers to see if anyone actually wants to sell.

I'm not sure that won't stop again inside the coming week

I'm not seeing any change in the daily total reductions on Rightmove and I'm looking at actual data... According to Property Log we're averaging between 3-3.5k reductions per day. If anything, it's slightly down on numbers seen earlier this year.

I'm seeing a lot of properties near me (including my neighbours overpriced house) go to SSTC status without any reductions on RM.

I do think prices will come down, but we're not going to get a crash like we all hope. It's going to be a slow, painful grind down. I've resigned myself to the fact that I will be renting for at least another 18months. Wish I had bought 7 years ago now, life would be very different and I'd be much better off financially (and emotionally) as a result.

It struck me this morning the present situation isn’t unlike the late 80’s / early 90’s when Lamont took on Soros, and lost! 
As before they’ll stop at nothing, but eventually the market wins. That was the lesson learnt, but obviously forgotten now!
Just look at Riski standing up on stage telling the world how he’s going to balance the books, and how financially astute he is. 😂😂😂

We had the chance of a controlled, if bumpy, landing - Cameron and Osborne could've easily played it as Labours mess that needed a ConLib coalition to fix, and set a recovery to a GE win for a generation, but they p*ssed it away.

We have no backing in either the USD or EUR block. 

This is a return to 3rd world feudalism..a few ultra rich and the masses distracted by Br*xit, scaremongering, and cheap soundbites

They have helped manage to keep the Tories  in power from 2010 to at least 2024 without fixing the housing market - I guess they probably felt they didn’t need to take that gamble  to keep power for a generation and sadly so far seems they are right...

I think the data is lagging a bit, maybe the people who were going to buy were stopped from doing so during lockdown so there was a bit of pent up demand right now.

Let's see what happens in the run up to Xmas when unemployment is going to skyrocket. I wonder also the positions of some landlords who aren't getting rent but struggling to evict tenants.

House prices can and will be propped up indefinitely. The GBP won't crash because all western countries work in syndicate, buying and selling each other's currency, mainly to make profit. Also, as the entire world is in a mess, all countries will rise and fall together. A true and proper NWO.

House prices can and will be propped up indefinitely. The GBP won't crash because all western countries work in syndicate, buying and selling each other's currency, mainly to make profit. Also, as the entire world is in a mess, all countries will rise and fall together. A true and proper NWO.

In your dreams dude

Strange how the anti NWO are so vocal....until they are at the head of the NWO

I do think prices will come down, but we're not going to get a crash like we all hope. It's going to be a slow, painful grind down. I've resigned myself to the fact that I will be renting for at least another 18months. Wish I had bought 7 years ago now, life would be very different and I'd be much better off financially (and emotionally) as a result.

They've ground us down. They've made us desparate. We will buy into any scam to own. We love Big Brother.

I can feel myself panicking because of the length of time it's been continuing. Looking ahead to another 18 months feels like a lifetime of renting when you've done it for decades.

MUST REMEMBER TO RELAX - KEEP PLAYING THE LONG GAME. Must remember that buying at these insane prices are what they WANT us to do. We don't love Big Brother yet

I've will be at least 70% falls from top to bottom.

Most will be wipped out but then they were poor to begin with, so no big loss.

The clocks ticking on this retarded ponzi.

Every time I reply "I hope youre right" to this type of post, I wish it more and more. I hope youre right.