House Price Crash Forum

Is the govt and the establishment in denial or confusion about people no longer welcoming price rises?

I've noticed a lot of criticism of Boris 95% bung. And no one seems to be celebrating the Halifax house price rise statistic today.

But the govt is still adamant that further market subsidy is required.

Are the govt, the Labour party, even much of the press, simply massively out of touch with the new attitudes?

It really worries me that labour are not vocally against the 95% mortgages. This isn't a Tory thing but a modern day politicians thing including the SNP.

Politics dear boy.  If Labour criticise then BoJo spins the 'Labour don't want you to get on by yourself...' line and they portray themselves as 'working for the people, innit..'

It really worries me that labour are not vocally against the 95% mortgages. This isn't a Tory thing but a modern day politicians thing including the SNP.

No party can be seen to be anti homeownership and aspiration. 

It is a tricky one - the forum has about 6,000 members.  Far more than that number will want to take the opportunity to have a 95% mortgage and pay a mortgage rather than a landlord.