House Price Crash Forum

Nationwide Sep 20 House Price Index

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

During the most extreme parts of lockdown, Nationwide and Halifax fessed up to these reports actually containing data from earlier than the period they are supposed to be covering. I'd take this update to be a reflection of mid August and early September, so on balance I'm OK with a monthly rise below 1%.

During the most extreme parts of lockdown, Nationwide and Halifax fessed up to these reports actually containing data from earlier than the period they are supposed to be covering. I'd take this update to be a reflection of mid August and early September, so on balance I'm OK with a monthly rise below 1%.

We're kidding ourselves that these ****s will ever let house prices fall now.  

Nothing not even coronavirus can destroy housing as an investment. 

HPI forever. 

🙄

It seems not.  Any downturn is just an excuse for them to double down and make prices more insane.

Just seen a 4 bed detatched round me come on for 850K.  In 2007 you'd have been paying £250K tops.

That is proper mad.

I still think the index is fudged. If it's so bullish why are Nationwide tightening lending criteria?

The moving stats are interesting. Something like 18% of people in London are supposedly moving, is 1 in 5 properties for sale in London? I doubt it. Here, I bet they didn't mind talking to renters as well as homeowners.

We're kidding ourselves that these ****s will ever let house prices fall now.  

I know that's what you think but I'm not inclined to believe it. For example, I'm buying a house for £X that I valued at £X-10K (it's not important why). I wanted a 35% mortgage. The mainstream mortgage provider did a desktop survey and valued the house at £X-12K which is less than I did. Because of the low LTV it had no effect on my application but it would on others.

A couple of other bits of info on that ^.

The asking price was £X+10K (22K above valuation).

For Spyguy's interest, the MMR checks 'revealed' that I could not afford a 10 year repayment mortgage but they were willing to offer me an 11 year mortgage. All ridiculous because I had investments in the bank to clear it at any time. But they were doing their MMR job.

I know that's what you think but I'm not inclined to believe it. For example, I'm buying a house for £X that I valued at £X-10K (it's not important why). I wanted a 35% mortgage. The mainstream mortgage provider did a desktop survey and valued the house at £X-12K which is less than I did. Because of the low LTV it had no effect on my application but it would on others.

There's no one more pro HPC than me.  I've taken dogs abuse for a decade because of my views but it's not going to happen.  They're about to go -ve on the interest rates and more and more QE theft.  I wouldn't put it past them buying houses directly from owners in the future.

We might see a 10% drop next year after a 5% rise this year, so what. That's 5% off prices that are 2/3/4 times what they were when the banks collapsed.

Money is becoming worthless, the whole system is ****ed and it was blair and brown wot done it.

Money is becoming worthless, the whole system is ****ed and it was blair and brown wot done it.

Yeah sure.  Thatcher deregulation (and the removal of the x3 Income rule) had NOTHING to do with it...

and Cameron, May, and BoJo have been fighting TOOTH AND NAIL to correct HPI

Called it....full on 5%  Link

We're in f*cking fantasy land.

It never ceases to amaze me how so many people in this country are so out of touch with what's going on in the wider world. In May I was struck by the number of folk who seemed to be oblivious to the life-threatening, economy-shattering pandemic and couldn't believe their luck at being gifted extra holiday time...

It never ceases to amaze me how so many people in this country are so out of touch with what's going on in the wider world. In May I was struck by the number of folk who seemed to be oblivious to the life-threatening, economy-shattering pandemic and couldn't believe their luck at being gifted extra holiday time...

I was taught if you have plenty of food on your table, you build a bigger table (to help others).  Avoiding the Boomer vs Millennial argument, we have a generation of folks who were gifted an almost perfect legacy and have used it to maximum advantage, but have done F*** ALL for the others that follow them.  Instead of realising their contribution to the situation, they point the finger at feckless single mums, dirty immigrants, and lazy youngsters. Despite all this wonderful HPI, as soon as anything threatens them (MMR, lack of deposits) they wail and demand that THEY need help.

I am thinking to becoming pro Euthanasia and Right to Die. I'm too old and my time is closing to see any natural correction; I despair for the youngsters these days - their time will only come when they realise to break the wheel.

I was taught if you have plenty of food on your table, you build a bigger table (to help others).  Avoiding the Boomer vs Millennial argument, we have a generation of folks who were gifted an almost perfect legacy and have used it to maximum advantage, but have done F*** ALL for the others that follow them.  Instead of realising their contribution to the situation, they point the finger at feckless single mums, dirty immigrants, and lazy youngsters. Despite all this wonderful HPI, as soon as anything threatens them (MMR, lack of deposits) they wail and demand that THEY need help.

I am thinking to becoming pro Euthanasia and Right to Die. I'm too old and my time is closing to see any natural correction; I despair for the youngsters these days - their time will only come when they realise to break the wheel.

Meh its all right.

Triple lock pensions. Doesn't matter if there's mass unemployment of the young. Whatever is left goes towards increasing my income...

Winner!