House Price Crash Forum

NEW General Election Poll out Tonight....

Rumours swirling round Westminster that Labour have taken a lead over the Conservatives.

Lets see tonight...

The rumours were right! The first Labour lead in a major poll since 2015 

Edited by Warlord

A GE can happen at any time especially if the tory MPs get restless. Law can be changed along with the leader

Tories have a huge majority, they won't want an election as they have more than 4 years left.

However, I could see themselves freshening up just before the next GE by dumping Boris and blaming all problems on him!

No way the Tories sacrifice a guaranteed £82k a year for the next 4 years. When brexit goes tits up next year they'll cut Boris loose and pretend like they weren't all blindly falling in line behind him while he destroyed the country.

Expect lots of interviews after saying how awful they thought he was and how they they always thought this but had to put that aside in the national interest to fight covid or some BS along those lines. 

A GE can happen at any time especially if the tory MPs get restless. Law can be changed along with the leader

If its true that Labour have taken the lead, it should calm those Tory MPs down a bit.

The Torys tend to pull together in the face of such adversity...unlike Labour.

I maintain that this government have made the decision to now take the pain of the COVID pandemic in the hope that the economy will be booming come the next election.

Tories have a huge majority, they won't want an election as they have more than 4 years left.

However, I could see themselves freshening up just before the next GE by dumping Boris and blaming all problems on him!

80i is not huge and they're already rebelling (See Sir Graham Brady thread)and able to defeat Johnson. So they might decide to ditch him at some point and the calls will be for a new GE.   Everything is possible in British politics

Edited by Warlord

Rumours swirling round Westminster that Labour have taken a lead over the Conservatives.

Lets see tonight...

The rumours were right! The first Labour lead in a major poll since 2015 

Not surprised.

I am still a Conservative Party member (not sure why), but massively anti-Brexit and would vote (not directly of course as wrong constituency) for Starmer over BoJo any day.

Not surprised.

I am still a Conservative Party member (not sure why), but massively anti-Brexit and would vote (not directly of course as wrong constituency) for Starmer over BoJo any day.

I'm a little worried about the nutty people Starmer surrounds himself with  and what they would do in power.. sigh... 

Boris sure knows how to screw things up! 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/26/labour-takes-poll-lead-as-parties-see-major-switch-in-fortunes

"It is the first Labour lead since early July 2019"

😂

What happened within 6 months of that great lead in early July 2019? I might have to rewatch some fun videos to remind myself.

that must have been some kind of blip whereas this is more about people being p*ssed off over lockdowns etc.

I sense this is a real shift .

I'm a little worried about the nutty people Starmer surrounds himself with  and what they would do in power.. sigh... 

Boris sure knows how to screw things up! 

Isn’t he slowly but surely shedding these goofballs as they muck up? 

I mean, there’s no one with two left shoes on, at least.

Don't forget that Johnson was never that popular. He won his healthy majority because Corbyn wasn't that popular either . . . . oh and something about an oven ready deal and getting brexit done. 

The tories will ditch Johnson sometime next year, he'll be blamed and thrown under a big red bus. Not unlike the way he separated the tories from the years of austerity - wasn't me gov! it was them!

I maintain that this government have made the decision to now take the pain of the COVID pandemic in the hope that the economy will be booming come the next election.

If that's true mass unemployment will only increase the Labour lead and Tory anxiety.

Lol, blojob has blown his massive lead in less than a year. Brexit up next, Boris and his train wreck government are going to gift a double digit poll lead to Labour by next summer.

The Mail has got the giant onion out again. Asking its Just About Managing readership to sympathise with the 'miserable' state of Blojob's personal finances.

Who'll bail out Boris?

Also, whatever happened to his fairytale marriage to the lovely Carrie, most recently to be found lording it in £600 a night hotel on the shore of Lake Como? There's a suspicion that the alleged Prime Minister cares more for Dilyn the dog than he does the mother of his youngest child.

And he hates Dilyn the dog!

The Mail has got the giant onion out again. Asking its Just About Managing readership to sympathise with the 'miserable' state of Blojob's personal finances.

Who'll bail out Boris?

Also, whatever happened to his fairytale marriage to the lovely Carrie, most recently to be found lording it in £600 a night hotel on the shore of Lake Como? There's a suspicion that the alleged Prime Minister cares more for Dilyn the dog than he does the mother of his youngest child.

And he hates Dilyn the dog!

He gets £160k/year for life as PM.  I'm sure he'll cope.

Don't forget that Johnson was never that popular. He won his healthy majority because Corbyn wasn't that popular either . . . . oh and something about an oven ready deal and getting brexit done. 

The tories will ditch Johnson sometime next year, he'll be blamed and thrown under a big red bus. Not unlike the way he separated the tories from the years of austerity - wasn't me gov! it was them!

A promise that a politician kept too! He's my fave ❤️