• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Talk is Germany type model

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54264689

i think another upturn Is on the cards

The problem is unlike Germany WE CAN'T AFFORD IT.

He has also "cancelled" next years budget.  We're officially a banana Republic heading the same way as countries like Cuba, Argentina, Venezuela, Zimbabwe, etc.

TORY MPS : WAKE UP 

HOLA444

He has also "cancelled" next years budget.  We're officially a banana Republic heading the same way as countries like Cuba, Argentina, Venezuela, Zimbabwe, etc.

TORY MPS : WAKE UP 

The tories are like granny on her annual trip to Vegas, hopped up on free booze she pushes her children and grandchildren further into debt, absentmindedly she pushes a few more buttons on the machine and wonders what time the tables will be free at, why would she worry, she won’t be around to see their tears when the will is opened and an IOU drops out

HOLA445

+1

Not so long ago they were debating what they should spend their trade surplus on...I guess they now know.

To paraphrase the great Schiff from 2007ish:-"If running a deficit is such a good thing, I guess that means that it was a bad thing when we ran a trade surplus??"

The main concern this morning seems to be the cancellation of the Budget and the uncertainty that will bring.

For all the conspiracy theorists WRT a NWO agenda; I dont think there is anything resembling a long term plan here.

And on the subject of conspiracy theorists, has anyone else noticed the ramping up of this sort of conversation on all of the talk show type talking heads on YouTube over the last week.

They all sound like prior HPCers from 2007.

I assume this is being fueled by the perceived imminent loss of the Status Quo that has sustained them in the lifestyle to which they have become accustomed.

Some are full on Gammon/Karen at the moment.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Easy to knock people ... what would YOU do then?

If PPE isn't a suitable background to be chancellor then what do you think IS a suitable background?

No one has an answer 

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Any analysis on how much impact this will have on job losses?  

Well there's 2 million still on furlough - you have to imagine most will now become redundant.

However, I think that's just inevitable because the world has changed so much - many of those jobs have literally gone forever....we will never again see the same numbers of people using London sandwich shops etc.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Well there's 2 million still on furlough - you have to imagine most will now become redundant.

However, I think that's just inevitable because the world has changed so much - many of those jobs have literally gone forever....we will never again see the same numbers of people using London sandwich shops etc.

Interesting, is the 2 million figure confirmed?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Peak BLT?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

All that is science is Physics. Everything else is stamp collecting.

Running a business which the UK economy is isn't purely science

Its sales, understanding the rhythm of money, motivation, iron fist/velvet glove, taking risks without all the info., massively high EQ, spotting talent and on and on - its a complex 3D model

In fact pure scientists aren't very good at it all

Business IQ is about as far away as you can get from scientific  or academic IQ

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Not my experience I am rushing around trying to get part time furlough contracts out to people for end of play tomorrow so they can work next week -many have been on furlough all the way through

I reckon half will be which the is manageable 

HOLA4421

Thanks, it will good to find out how many companies will have been waiting for this predicted u-turn.

They might have been hoping for full furlough to continue, but deep down they knew it was untenable in the form it was rolled out.

Let's hope Rishi does not do anything silly by trying to "help the housing market" now.

As mentioned before, a few broken chains and by xmas those stuck without too much movement on their properties will be getting nervous - hoping to find some motivated sellers.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I don't know if I am seeing this new wage subsidy properly but as an employer if I take it up and put a staff member on 1/3 time I would end up paying them 50% of their wages? Why would I pay them half wages and only get 33% work out of them?

Am I going nuts?

HOLA4424

Running a business which the UK economy is isn't purely science

Its sales, understanding the rhythm of money, motivation, iron fist/velvet glove, taking risks without all the info., massively high EQ, spotting talent and on and on - its a complex 3D model

In fact pure scientists aren't very good at it all

Business IQ is about as far away as you can get from scientific  or academic IQ

Interesting. Never thought about this but I agree  

My academic achievements were physics and my successes were in business. 

I had to study economics (I guess a fairly low level) for my professional exams and it seemed they were trying to explain things that were abundantly obvious, sometimes massively variable and Unpredictable but they positioned it as a ‘science’. 

Often in physics you learn something and would say ‘wow’. In business (or economics) you would learn something and say ‘I guess I knew that already but hadn’t really thought about it....oh and also the reverse impact could also apply’.😆😆.

I don’t disrespect the economic theories and they probably require a greater depth of thought to develop than science....maybe economist should just admit they are wrong as often as they are right, like astrology😆😆

I guess predicting EXACTLY what will happen in the economy and business would need to factor in 20,000 human variables many of which are unprecedented and there is always something new eg taste in avocado fruit rather than avocado bathrooms. 

HOLA4425

I don't know if I am seeing this new wage subsidy properly but as an employer if I take it up and put a staff member on 1/3 time I would end up paying them 50% of their wages? Why would I pay them half wages and only get 33% work out of them?

Am I going nuts?

gentlemanly agreement for unpaid overtime? wink and a nod.