House Price Crash Forum

Cheapest Location to buy a home & London

I'm not sure I accept the reduction indicated for London in real terms, at the moment but I am only tracking specific areas in south London (3+ bedroom houses).  I am seeing reductions but generally these are based on the highest ever asking price for a particular area/road.  When this is factored in, the falls amount to around 10% - not to be sniffed at on a 600k house! 

No doubt, there are more falls to follow and today's C-19 conference might compound matters further...

I'm always mindful that with any correction, job security reduces and of course this has implications for most.  Currently, we're waiting on the sidelines and am thinking of starting to actively view properties (not done this for years) having read @Pop321 tactics for identifying value and getting in early.  Not quite a cash buyer but as FTBs, our deposit is substantial so fingers crossed, securing a mortgage will be possible, as long as I hold onto my job!

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/property/1338194/house-prices-property-news-cheapest-location-buy-home-UK

Edited by Buffer Bear
grammar!