House Price Crash Forum

French cop kicks and stamps on British man's head as he is arrested for 'not wearing a face mask

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8742913/French-cop-kicks-British-mans-head-violent-footage-arrest-not-wearing-face-mask.html#reader-comments

A French policeman has been filmed kicking and stamping on a British man's head after he allegedly brandished a knife at officers who demanded he wear a mask on a train.

Footage taken by fellow passengers shows the 42-year-old Englishman struggling on the ground while being detained by two officers at the station in Orleans.

The police were called to haul the Briton off the train bound for Toulouse on Tuesday after reports that he was drunk and refusing to wear a mask

As his colleague handcuffed the Briton, one of the policemen kicked the suspect's head down onto the train platform prompting a passenger to exclaim, 'It's like the United States!' 

Sadly some French people won't be able to help themselves in using this to moan about the British, some seemingly unaware that they're being racist.

I guess similarly my comment could be regarded as a moan about the French, it's just the times I've visited there I always seem to have been on the brunt of it.

I get it's courteous that you try and speak French when in their country but it pisses me off when you try and make an effort but they refuse to help or serve you because your French isn't good enough or they just know you're British. I even had one guy do this only to help me when I spoke Spanish.

Edited by spacedin
27 minutes ago, shlomo said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8742913/French-cop-kicks-British-mans-head-violent-footage-arrest-not-wearing-face-mask.html#reader-comments

A French policeman has been filmed kicking and stamping on a British man's head after he allegedly brandished a knife at officers who demanded he wear a mask on a train.

Sounds like someone we could do without, couldn't they have just shot him?

I suspect it was a combination of being English (I suspect brexit is riling the odd European), refusing to wear a mask, and also brandishing a knife. As a rule you shouldn't wind up police officers.

But of course the police officer shouldn't have done that, but then again they'll be under pressure in the current situation.

14 hours ago, Si1 said:

I suspect it was a combination of being English (I suspect brexit is riling the odd European), refusing to wear a mask, and also brandishing a knife. As a rule you shouldn't wind up police officers.

But of course the police officer shouldn't have done that, but then again they'll be under pressure in the current situation.

Given that he had a knife, that would be the factor. I think you are getting carried away by adding Brexit as a factor. 

43 minutes ago, Ah-so said:

Given that he had a knife, that would be the factor. I think you are getting carried away by adding Brexit as a factor. 

The police claim it was a swiss army knife. You know how awfully pointy they can be. The passengers went on record as saying they did not see one. Mind you i lived out there and it is never a good idea to argue with a cop.

Edited by debtlessmanc

"A witness called Pierre said that the Briton had tried to explain that he struggled to breathe with the mask on.

But the officer pointed at his vest and replied, 'What does that say? This is marked "Police", not a damned "social worker", I do not give a damn.'"

😂 There are a lot of things I like about Europe, and this is included. Our beta-cops could learn a thing or two from these guys.

42 minutes ago, Huggy said:

"A witness called Pierre said that the Briton had tried to explain that he struggled to breathe with the mask on.

But the officer pointed at his vest and replied, 'What does that say? This is marked "Police", not a damned "social worker", I do not give a damn.'"

😂 There are a lot of things I like about Europe, and this is included. Our beta-cops could learn a thing or two from these guys.

BLM

16 hours ago, shlomo said:

Footage taken by fellow passengers shows the 42-year-old Englishman struggling on the ground while being detained by two officers at the station in Orleans.

The police were called to haul the Briton off the train bound for Toulouse on Tuesday after reports that he was drunk and refusing to wear a mask

As his colleague handcuffed the Briton, one of the policemen kicked the suspect's head down onto the train platform prompting a passenger to exclaim, 'It's like the United States!' 

Somehow I think the mask has nothing to do with it. He had a knife and was waving it about. UK police would likely do the same thing, yet this seems to be almost portrayed as 'plucky Brit abused by evil foreigners who do not understand the ancient British right of stabbing foreigners when the fancy takes you'.

2 minutes ago, NobodyInParticular said:

Somehow I think the mask has nothing to do with it. He had a knife and was waving it about. UK police would likely do the same thing, yet this seems to be almost portrayed as 'plucky Brit abused by evil foreigners who do not understand the ancient British right of stabbing foreigners when the fancy takes you'.

Not acceptable behaviour by the police 

1 hour ago, shlomo said:

BLM

I'm really surprised at how cucked the US police are nowadays too. I always thought they were quite a robust bunch, borne from the mould of the sheriffs from the Wild West, but a few months of kneeling down and taking the fist have taken it's toll on their credibility.

5 hours ago, Huggy said:

I'm really surprised at how cucked the US police are nowadays too. I always thought they were quite a robust bunch, borne from the mould of the sheriffs from the Wild West, but a few months of kneeling down and taking the fist have taken it's toll on their credibility.

I think it was murdering a man to death by kneeling on his neck may have made them check their behaviour.

The US police force is under-trained and over-armed.

18 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Topic title is intentionally misleading. Edit it to say knife wielding. 

That is presumably it but the way things are going not wearing a mask will be a worse crime.

Edited by MARTINX9
26 minutes ago, Ah-so said:

I think it was murdering a man to death by kneeling on his neck may have made them check their behaviour.

The US police force is under-trained and over-armed.

One cop murdered someone he knew (I believe from a previous job, a security job IIRC) in full view of his 3 teammates. Those 4 are a fecking disgrace and all deserve to do the sit down dance in Sing Sing. I might be a few decades out of date with that one, and it might have even been in Red dwarf, but it adequately describes my feelings on what kind of punishment should be meted out.

But then the entire country goes into simp mode. It's too much, especially when faced with an enemy as despicable as they face.

They probably are undertrained, and with an excess amount of American hubris to boot. Considering the firepower available to the general population, i'd say they are probably under-armed.

25 minutes ago, Ah-so said:

Why not just say "all lives matter", and then we'll know exactly where you stand.

All live do matter. That shouldn't be a problem, should it?