House Price Crash Forum

Shared Ownership Week 17-23 Sept

I quite like the real life stories archive.

https://sharedownershipweek.co.uk/stories/

Amelie Diaz moved from London to pursue a career in mixology. I assumed that was some speciaiist chemistry or pharmaceutical related skill - but actually is the skill of mixing drinks and cocktails. She is living the dream now in her 35% share owned one bed flat in Barking.

The amazing thing about Barking is you have everything on your doorstep - apparently. Cocktails all round!!

Edited by MARTINX9
8 hours ago, MARTINX9 said:

I quite like the real life stories archive.

https://sharedownershipweek.co.uk/stories/

Amelie Diaz moved from London to pursue a career in mixology. I assumed that was some speciaiist chemistry or pharmaceutical related skill - but actually is the skill of mixing drinks and cocktails. She is living the dream now in her 35% share owned one bed flat in Barking.

The amazing thing about Barking is you have everything on your doorstep - apparently. Cocktails all round!!

I love this typo - at least, I think it's a typo 🤣

NEW WAVE OF HAPPINESS FOR YOUNG FIRST-TIME BUYING COUPLE – HYDE NEW HOMES

Meet Lucy Martin, the first-time buyer that defied the national odds and purchased her first home at 24. Since last year, the average age of a first-time buyer is 301, proving that more and more UK nationals are struggling to purchase their own home due to staggeringly high deposits and rising house prices. Thanks to

Edited by dpg50000

WTF is an "Influencer Marketing Manager"? Dearie-me.

TRADERS’ QUARTER IS THE IDEAL HOME FOR SOLO BUYERS – NOTTING HILL GENESIS

First time buyer Hannah (30) recently purchased her first property thanks to Notting Hill Genesis’ Shared Ownership scheme. Hannah, who was previously renting in Finsbury Park, chose to purchase a share of a two-bedroom apartment at their Traders’ Quarter development at Royal Wharf. Hannah, an Influencer Marketing Manager, was searching for a home that was

Every time there is a 'boom' in shared ownership it is rapidly followed by a bust in house prices. It is the best sign you will get of having reached the toppiest top with only one way to go from here on.

The stamp duty cut will probably be made permanent but even that won't stop the inevitable.

If they restore SD next year that will crash the market, if they don't, that will signal that the party is over.

22 hours ago, MARTINX9 said:

I lived in Barking for 3 years , it is fine as long as you remember to wipe your feet on the way out.