House Price Crash Forum

UK immigration from a Right and left wing perspective

immigration into the UK has different dimensions you have a right and left wing perspective.

The right is pro-immigration as it lowers the cost of labour, it is anti as it is the standard bearer of nationalism.

The left is pro-immigration as it talks of the struggle against the elite, it is anti as it lowers wages for the workers and puts pressure on services.

I have noticed how the labour and Conservative parties are now switching their attire.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, shlomo said:

immigration into the UK has different dimensions you have a right and left wing perspective.

The right is pro-immigration as it lowers the cost of labour, it is anti as it is the standard bearer of nationalism.

The left is pro-immigration as it talks of the struggle against the elite, it is anti as it lowers wages for the workers and puts pressure on services.

I have noticed how the labour and Conservative parties are now switching their attire.

What do you mean?

How does immigration help workers in their struggle against the elite?

1 hour ago, Warlord said:

I lean right and i'm against all forms of immigration. We're full so stop the madness

My view is if a person has skills the UK needs such as doctors then I am happy with it.  My own GP is a guy from Pakistani could not wish for a better guy.

I do not think we have any need to people who have no real job skills and cannot even speak the language properly and cannot write an e mail.  I have had people sent to me for interview who cannot speak coherent English.  That is no use to me at l.  I cannot have people who cannot speak the language talking to my clients. 

That said I have also had people who have been born in the UK coming for an interview and doing all the ridiculous ghetto talk which makes them equally unemployable for me.  

Left and right are two sides of the Statist coin.

No one should be allowed to forcibly restrict another person's movement, except on their own property.

However, where you have a welfare State where productive people are robbed to give wealth to unproductive people, the system will collapse much faster if people from outside the system can come in and benefit from it. The Left should be against immigration if they want the welfare system to last for longer.

Of course, the McLeft is corporate owned anti-White evil, so they want to both rob White people and have as many non-Whites benefit as possible at the same time.

15 minutes ago, Locke said:

Left and right are two sides of the Statist coin.

No one should be allowed to forcibly restrict another person's movement, except on their own property.

However, where you have a welfare State where productive people are robbed to give wealth to unproductive people, the system will collapse much faster if people from outside the system can come in and benefit from it. The Left should be against immigration if they want the welfare system to last for longer.

Of course, the McLeft is corporate owned anti-White evil, so they want to both rob White people and have as many non-Whites benefit as possible at the same time.

The welfare state doesn't rob productive people, it addresses the inefficiency and inflexibility of all market and institutional structures with a view to ensuring that the economic rewards of our collective endeavours get distributed fairly.

Immigration is beneficial because it allows an economy to expand at maximum capacity even after the constraint of full employment is reached.

'McLeft corporate owned' ... what?

Stick to your comicbooks, twit.

I would say i'm centre right, although the left would say I'm a hard right racist. I'm pro immigration but voted Brexit. Immigration is good. Freedom is movement isn't. Well freedom of movement between such diverse economies is terrible for the less well off in the richer countries. Pay flat lines, jobs become less secure, and you find there's increased competition for low/mid skilled jobs and also housing expenses increase. 

For freedom of movement to work for all, you would need an EU minimum wage, a universal benefits system, and single healthcare and education standards across the bloc. People don't come to the UK for the weather, its all about money and a better standard of living. We need to level out the push/pull factors to give the nationals in a state the opportunities that older generations have enjoyed. 

I'm sure in the long term an equilibrium will be struck between states, but in the short term there have been winners and losers. Most on here, who work full time, in historically low and average paid jobs, are losers.

Its not the only reason homes are unaffordable but its a factor. 

Immigration that is controlled by the state on the other hand, will increase tax revenue and productivity and is essential to plug skill gaps. Its clearly a big positive for the country. 

21 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

mmigration is beneficial because it allows an economy to expand at maximum capacity even after the constraint of full employment is reached.

But places a massive negative on a country that has housing, hospitals , roads , schools ect all at maximum capacity and not able to keep up with the increased demand due to an ever increasing population. 

8 hours ago, shlomo said:

not sure about this at all schlomo

from a corporate point of view I see your point, lowers the cost of labour certainly,broadens the talent pool, but there are other factors at play,  cost of housing for instance, commuting times, availability of healthcare being probably the three main reasons the brexiteers said "enough already" and moved toward nationalism.There's also cultural/tribal elements to this...if new entrants adopt the native culture it's ok, but when they want to bring part of their culture with them(and expand in areas of similar mindset) it's an issue.

the real straw that breaks the camels back is with stuff like BLM...if you thought they were racist towards white people you should see what happens to "assimilators" into the other culture, they get absolutely battered with obscenities.....not at all uncommon for those who try to adopt western culture to be "uncle tom/co*****/bounty etc etc etc"...likewise in the religeous asian communities(more so places like bangladesh/pakistan than india,but even in india there is very much a caster system)

not saying it can't happen,one of the best things about sport/music/laughter is they are all international languages//a smile is universally recognised.....but the variety of stuff like music matters. going back to my old rave days we were very much a universal family(PLUR)  until the split between ragga jungle and hardcore happened(1992-1993), when the music changes, the attitudes changed,the dress code changed.There was still an overlap,but tribes were already being formed(I can say this as a former drum and bass DJ who didn't fit the mould!!)

from a left wing point of view they are on a mission to make sure everyone on the planet no longer has any poverty,people can move wherever they like.

not going to happen, it's idealistic utopia.But we do have a responsibility to try and help each other out.it will never be fully equal absent alien invasion  or celestial incoming extinction event,reducing the whole human race to war of the worlds survival mode

addition to my previous post..I am not at all a fan of grime...they are talented musicians for sure,but way to angry.

what we need right now is PLUR,not "you stared at me wrong so I'm going to pop a cap in you coz you disrespect"

PS before I got the rave bug I was into electro/rap.

one of my favourite track was KRS-1 fourteen days in may. it was about the execution of edward earl johnson...that was a miscarriage of justice if ever I saw one, so black lives DO matter.he was innocent

Where would the NHS be without all the migrant workers (or children from migrant families)?

We owe them all a huge debt

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52242856

Of course we should train doctors, nurses and health staff - and we do! But since many will take the opportunity to work overseas, then we will need to import staff as well. Unless you want ban Brits from working abroad. The North Korea option.

21 hours ago, scottbeard said:

What do you mean?

How does immigration help workers in their struggle against the elite?

Because moving around for a better life shouldn't be a privilege reserved for the elite. Seems pretty obvious.

17 hours ago, locky82 said:

Immigration that is controlled by the state on the other hand, will increase tax revenue and productivity and is essential to plug skill gaps. Its clearly a big positive for the country. 

Do you mean like the Australian points style system we're moving to?

35 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

Because moving around for a better life shouldn't be a privilege reserved for the elite. Seems pretty obvious.

So anyone and everyone should be able to cum to the uk even if they cannot speak english - have no money - no where to live ?

In a country which like all other counties is going to have a recession and no jobs! 

And where do they all live? 

13 hours ago, oracle said:

But we do have a responsibility to try and help each other out

I am not responsible for every single person on the planet.  I am responsible for myself my family and friends and indeed the people who for me me to a greater or lesser extent 

4 hours ago, richmondtw said:

So anyone and everyone should be able to cum to the uk even if they cannot speak english - have no money - no where to live ?

In a country which like all other counties is going to have a recession and no jobs! 

And where do they all live? 

No, that isn't practical.

Mainly RW, sometimes further right than the Federation from Starship Troopers, sometimes a bit weaker (sorry, more moderate) but I do have a few lefty tendencies.

Immigration has, IMO, benefited the country in many respects. There are plenty of people I can think of who are not "British" who I would rather have here than many born and bred Brits. Hard working, decent, productive immigrants are good, skiving immigrants are bad, likewise the same for the indigenous population too.

However, the Marxists have spoiled it for everyone again and in their aim to destroy all things Western and bring in everybody from everywhere, we have Brexit, BPM (sic) protests, and everyone being a bit crap to each other generally. We live in a good country because of immigration, but it's also rubbish due to it too.

I'm super left wing and believe its the government's job to balance the negatives of immigration by investing in housing, infrastructure and services from the expansion of economic activity that immigration brings and strengthening workers rights to prevent under cutting and big business from exploiting cheap labour. 

Successive governments have failed to do any of this and therefore I find it hard to blame immigrants for a failure of government policy. 

2 hours ago, Postman said:

I'm super left wing and believe its the government's job to balance the negatives of immigration by investing in housing, infrastructure and services from the expansion of economic activity that immigration brings and strengthening workers rights to prevent under cutting and big business from exploiting cheap labour. 

Successive governments have failed to do any of this and therefore I find it hard to blame immigrants for a failure of government policy. 

You don't have to blame them just simply say "No more UNTIL infrastructure is in place". 

Milton Friedman (famous economist) once said "You can't have open borders and a welfare state" because immigrants overwhelm it. Remember that next time when you can't get a doctors appointment.

Edited by Warlord

This

On 16/09/2020 at 19:16, oracle said:

There's also cultural/tribal elements to this...if new entrants adopt the native culture it's ok, but when they want to bring part of their culture with them(and expand in areas of similar mindset) it's an issue.

I want to live in a country where the people have the same culture and language as I do. I don't want to walk down the high street and see a dozen men in headscarves standing outside a mosque as the call to prayer is played over a loud speaker while Wojciech sells his Polish peppered splatzespleeska sausage to three young Syrians all saying - well it could be anything - in whatever language that was.

Perhaps all the people that want to live in a cosmopolitan multicultural 'utopia' can find another country and take all the immigrants there with them and we'll keep England for the English.