House Price Crash Forum

Do you own a house on Second Life

19 minutes ago, Ah-so said:

Is Second Life still a thing? I thought it was brief fad that had all but disappeared. 

Yes it is owned by Linden labs, a brilliant money spinner, free to join and then it starts to add up, as you need to purchase clothes and property and other things.

42 minutes ago, Ah-so said:

Is Second Life still a thing? I thought it was brief fad that had all but disappeared. 

I thought that too.

Not sure it is that impressive now, Unreal Engine can do more, more flexibly and better.

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein
1 hour ago, shlomo said:

According to Google traffic  a lot of posters on here have accounts with Second life do you own a house or property their and can you post a picture of it.

second_life_logo22.jpg 

https://secondlife.com/

Pffft. I live in Space in Elite Dangerous, am a multi billionaire, and own a lot of ships and a Fleet Carrier that cost 7B cr and can jump 500 Light Years at go. I dont worry about the 25m cr a week up keep fees.  Peanuts.

17 minutes ago, markyh said:

Pffft. I live in Space in Elite Dangerous, am a multi billionaire, and own a lot of ships and a Fleet Carrier that cost 7B cr and can jump 500 Light Years at go. I dont worry about the 25m cr a week up keep fees.  Peanuts.

I knew this, most people think you a council tenant on a northern sink estate 

6 minutes ago, shlomo said:

I knew this, most people think you a council tenant on a northern sink estate 

What's the problem in that?.......a better first life than many can only hope for in a second life.......all very subjective imo......the pictures don't do a second Life any justice, are people supposed to buy into that.....;)

1 hour ago, shlomo said:

Yes it is owned by Linden labs, a brilliant money spinner, free to join and then it starts to add up, as you need to purchase clothes and property and other things.

Prehaps if you spent less time and money on this you might be in a better position to buy a real house :P

12 minutes ago, winkie said:

What's the problem in that?.......a better first life than many can only hope for in a second life.......all very subjective imo......the pictures don't do a second Life any justice, are people supposed to buy into that.....;)

I was being rude to him.

This is not polite society so i can get away with it.

1 hour ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Not sure it is that impressive now, Unreal Engine can do more, more flexibly and better.

Eh - as far as I know (never played), second life was never about the graphics, which were always pretty poor. The new unreal engine (PS5) is absolutely mind blowing though - if you haven't seen the demo on Youtube it is worth a watch. Truly astonishing to think we can put that graphics power into a kid's toy, compared to what I had growing up.

5 hours ago, mattyboy1973 said:

Eh - as far as I know (never played), second life was never about the graphics, which were always pretty poor. The new unreal engine (PS5) is absolutely mind blowing though - if you haven't seen the demo on Youtube it is worth a watch. Truly astonishing to think we can put that graphics power into a kid's toy, compared to what I had growing up.

Yes, I think I'll need a TV upgrade to go with that beast!

6 hours ago, mattyboy1973 said:

Don't know about you but I own a ps4 pro probably had it 2 years or so I think I have switched It on 4 or 5 times at most.

Starts off with good intentions but never gets used same as the ps3 I had even that failed having not been used much GPU decided to desolder itself