Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

A tenant is for life not just for Christmas


Recommended Posts

From Facebook Landlord Group:

“It's quite clear the government couldn't give a shit about landlords . It would kill me to see some person living in my property completely rent free for months on end laughing at me and nobody doing anything to help me .
I wonder what they do with all the money they save on rent ?“


it’s not just the tenant laughing at you love

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Odysseus said:

From Facebook Landlord Group:

“It's quite clear the government couldn't give a shit about landlords . It would kill me to see some person living in my property completely rent free for months on end laughing at me and nobody doing anything to help me .
I wonder what they do with all the money they save on rent ?“


it’s not just the tenant laughing at you love

:lol:

No realisation that the tenant isnt paying the rent because they have no money!!! 

I wonder if she has a mortgage holiday. 

Thr housing market is so messed up its going to eat itself. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, msi said:

How does this tie into the eviction ban?  Does it halt proceedings in flight or reset the clock?

 

 

So my understanding is in flight court cases will continue, but evictions cannot be enforced until after the ban ends. Additionally enforcements will stop over Xmas and in areas with local lockdown.

The 6 month notice sits alongside: I.e. a landlord has to give 6 months notice, only once that ends can they seek eviction via courts.

There are exceptions to this (domestic violence etc)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

:lol:

No realisation that the tenant isnt paying the rent because they have no money!!! 

I wonder if she has a mortgage holiday. 

Thr housing market is so messed up its going to eat itself. 

Not only that.......even if sold, see how much interest income would get investing in a deposit account.... basically nothing.

So basically everyone in the same boat......A lack of income, I can't see why landlords think they are more worthy than the rest and deserve special rent protection.....that's the risk they take, nobody was forced into becoming a landlord.;)

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Odysseus said:

From Facebook Landlord Group:

“It's quite clear the government couldn't give a shit about landlords . It would kill me to see some person living in my property completely rent free for months on end laughing at me and nobody doing anything to help me .
I wonder what they do with all the money they save on rent ?“


it’s not just the tenant laughing at you love

+3

😂😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

"Renting: Christmas 'truce' for tenants facing eviction“

I can hear the BTL scum bags squeal.

How many can weather no rent for a year... Or two. 

Parasites deserve everything the get. 

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-54108829

I could weather it. Which is why tenants should have a reciprocal knowledge of the landlord’s financial position. It shouldn’t be a one way street. 

Perhaps we will head back to social housing for bad tenants, where tax payers can subsidise any damage or non-payment they do? Seems more equitable than relying on private landlords who don’t have the resources to deal with long voids.

Time for repossessed BTLs to be sold back to councils, I feel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, winkie said:

Not only that.......even if sold, see how much interest income would get investing in a deposit account.... basically nothing.

So basically everyone in the same boat......A lack of income, I can't see why landlords think they are more worthy than the rest and deserve special rent protection.....that's the risk they take, nobody was forced into becoming a landlord.;)

 

Agree....As mentioned here before....its all about Business risk.

LL's need to wake up and realise all businesses, including theirs, are rarely (if ever) risk free. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have they also halted bailiff / high court enforcement of CCJs or not?

Of course the LL is more interested in getting possession and a new paying tenant but if they're allowed to chase the debt it at least puts some pressure on the non-paying. It also helps other LLs avoid taking them on once they are booted out and gives some advantage to those who choose to carry on paying [not usually something the average LL can be bothered with, not much solidarity].

Bizarre world where you can carry on taking the house and not pay putting you at a huge financial advantage to those who do pay.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 419 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.