House Price Crash Forum

Anyone else noticed the #opentowork hashtag and profile flag on LinkedIn?

I don't spend much time on Linkedin usually, but I recently logged on and noticed loads of people putting this flag on their profile pic and announcing that they are looking for a new role.

Looking at the profiles, recruitment consultants are in big trouble (obv.) but lots of my middle management connections doing it too, along with a load of project managers and designers.

It's looking BAAAAAD out there.

12 minutes ago, Bear Goggles said:

Looking at the profiles, recruitment consultants are in big trouble (obv.) but lots of my middle management connections doing it too, along with a load of project managers and designers.

I'm loving seeing all the project managers, recruiters and other annoying people posting these long stories about how they add so much value to firms. 

It's amazing its taken so long for so many of these people to get found out.

16 minutes ago, longgone said:

day of the recruitment consultant  let BOT read cv and dump mostly used buzz word document into in tray. Ring candidate then lie at will.  Ring employer lie at will. 

Spot on.  I used to have to deal with them in my old job.  We’re in a shituation where two important parts of our lives (employment and housing) are managed by spivs (recruiters and EAs).

1 hour ago, cbathpc said:

I'm loving seeing all the project managers, recruiters and other annoying people posting these long stories about how they add so much value to firms. 

It's amazing its taken so long for so many of these people to get found out.

Well, that's probably a bit unkind. They were needed when things were busy, but they're superfluous when times are bad. 

I agree that they are deluded about how much value they are adding above and beyond their core remit of "Help get shit done".

"It's been a great 3 years a X, but now I'm taking some time out to spend with family before seeking my next challenge - Special thanks to... [tags loads of colleagues in the hope they'll recommend a job vacancy]" 

(Another newly unemployed project manager)

I'll stop this now

3 hours ago, Mancunian284 said:

Spot on.  I used to have to deal with them in my old job.  We’re in a shituation where two important parts of our lives (employment and housing) are managed by spivs (recruiters and EAs).

Amen to that I would not even apply for a job if it was agency.

Working? That's for those little people that pay taxes... or so I've heard 🧐.

:ph34r: I wish, sadly I work very hard for a pretty regular wage and get screwed for tax.

4 hours ago, Mancunian284 said:

This is accidental 

I am noticing it a bit. A few people I worked with have found new jobs. Having been made redundant before I don’t take pleasure in anyone losing a job. Some people are useless but some employers are just ******ing shit 

5 hours ago, Mancunian284 said:

Three surely, you failed to mention Government!