House Price Crash Forum

Karma for tenants in Sydney and Melbourne

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2020/sep/05/karma-time-for-tenants-as-apartments-lie-vacant-and-rents-plummet?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

I wonder if this will be replicated in the U.K.  I don’t know London but Liverpool and M/cr have seen thousands of flats go up over the last few years.  Some are only just being completed.  As far as I know, Aus doesn’t have the cladding issue to add in to the mix.

7 minutes ago, captainb said:

Central london and Edinburgh yes.. 

I dont believe liverpool and Manchester are quite the tourist destinations of London or Sydney for a high level of air b and b

Not for foreign visitors but a lot of groups from surrounding towns for nights out (Liverpool and Manchester).  Foreign visitors do tend to come for the football though.

My friends brother has 3 Air bnb flats in Blackpool, bought off plan about 15 years ago.  He stopped renting to long term tenants a few years ago.  He reckons he makes more money and has less hassle doing Air bnb.  It’s mostly groups of youngsters on weekends out - hens, stags, birthdays etc.  I know he got a 10k grant for Covid (few questions asked) and is now eligible to apply for another one - although according to Facebook, he’s been fully booked since July.