House Price Crash Forum

Ethnic exodus from London

shlomo

HOLA441
11 hours ago, 24gray24 said:

The real cycle of leaving London always used to be age related. 

People stopped going out to nightclubs, etc as they got older, found they were too tired to leave their tube station area in their time off, and then wondered if life would be better for the children in the countryside. 

For the young, it's a magnet. As you get older, it loses its charm. 

Can't see any white flight or anything else yet...

You're right for many people. However I know many pensioners who bought their homes long ago yet have no intention of downsizing and moving away from their part of North West London. Their friends are here, and (perhaps more importantly) they know children will visit them regularly. Plus they still meet with a theatre group, or belong to a church. Maybe they want their kids to inherit the London home instead of the place in Hastings or Weymouth.  I suppose if you stay long enough in one place you grow roots too deep to allow a move, even if it makes money sense.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
23 minutes ago, Trampa501 said:

You're right for many people. However I know many pensioners who bought their homes long ago yet have no intention of downsizing and moving away from their part of North West London. Their friends are here, and (perhaps more importantly) they know children will visit them regularly. Plus they still meet with a theatre group, or belong to a church. Maybe they want their kids to inherit the London home instead of the place in Hastings or Weymouth.  I suppose if you stay long enough in one place you grow roots too deep to allow a move, even if it makes money sense.

Agree......once people tend to reach a certain age changes and risks are much harder for them.....we either initiate change ourselves, otherwise change often is forced upon us.;)

HOLA443
16 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Not much considering you are living at mammys. Also 15 years later having squandered your savings, and the best years of your life to make hay while the sun shines, that would make you ~56 years-old, skill-less, penny-less, and facing another 13 years work until state pension (which will most likely be moved up subsequently). Not looking good.

I never understood this best years of your life rubbish. You sound like a bitter man is that what happend to you ? 

Surely those in dire straits should just remove themselves that's what I would do why hang about filling up worthless years, maybe that's your answer ?

HOLA444
16 hours ago, longgone said:

Sure ok I will move out and pay rent for 15 years instead for no reason at all  because all the other plebs do.  

I forgot i must live like them, how about a divorce along the way too for good measure.

😆

But you won't pay rent for 15 years if you move out, you'll survive a maximum 5 years then have to move into social accommodation. 

HOLA445
2 hours ago, Trampa501 said:

I suppose if you stay long enough in one place you grow roots too deep to allow a move, even if it makes money sense.

This is more relevant than having money in the bank. 

HOLA446
39 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

But you won't pay rent for 15 years if you move out, you'll survive a maximum 5 years then have to move into social accommodation. 

Is rent 40k a year 🤣

You are forgetting I live off my generated income every month 

I could live in a HMO for 20 years and still not touch my savings.

HOLA447
2 hours ago, longgone said:

Is rent 40k a year 🤣

You are forgetting I live off my generated income every month 

I could live in a HMO for 20 years and still not touch my savings.

I own my properties outright so I have no idea how much it is but it will depend on where the country you are. I remember you previously said Hull so I cannot imagine a one-bedder on bennies being 40k.

HOLA448
HOLA449
2 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

I own my properties outright so I have no idea how much it is but it will depend on where the country you are. I remember you previously said Hull so I cannot imagine a one-bedder on bennies being 40k.

How many BTL do you own?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
6 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

On a website devoted to the negative affect of spiv landlords you admit you are one.

🤣🤣

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
20 hours ago, longgone said:

On a website devoted to the negative affect of spiv landlords you admit you are one.

🤣🤣

20happy-hour-coronavirus-facebookJumbo.j

Sending you a virtual red wine, with a woman i think is at your level

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
14 minutes ago, longgone said:

It's my lack of a trendy north london post code that disadvantages me 🤒

NW11 9BX 

Or you lack prospects, what do women want from a man?

HOLA4421
  • 1 month later...
HOLA4422

Can't be too hard for them to go to Africa or India or wherever their ancestors were from pre 1948. I think some will still have dual nationality passports.

I don't think they do. What is your evidence that they do?

I don't see the moral reason for thinking that land belongs to any group of people. 

HOLA4423

Lying on mortgage application through mortgage broker does happen. If you apply directly to your bank then Bank checks everything, I was even asked for my paypal spendings. But there are many mortgage brokers who can even create account for 6 moths to get a mortgage. Many cab drivers own 2/3 buy to let houses in London

HOLA4424

There's a clue in the name .....

Typically, they - that's migrant or someone on dole - would go to a mortgage brokers whod carefully lie on the application.

Then, as the application was from a 'highly trained mortgage broker professional' the bank would suspend any from of checks n underwriting and  blindingly issue the mortgage.

Surely mass migration wasn't encouraged by bankers to boost debt level portfolios on recent unencumbered entrants?

Shhhurely not?

HOLA4425

Thai ... worried about racism ......

Does Brexit impinge on her globalist economic outlook?

Or put a spanner in her beds in sheds operation?

To be honest if she wants to see racism, she simply needs to see who ends up prowling the meat markets of Thailand...