Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Ethnic exodus from London


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/5/2020 at 11:52 PM, longgone said:

Crazy isn't it. 300k houses all day

I would never live there jmnysekf but to thonk a house there is 300k is indeed crazy

On 9/6/2020 at 7:06 AM, spyguy said:

Wonder if shes got a mortgage?

Wonder who lent her the money?

Who cares

 

On 9/6/2020 at 8:24 AM, shlomo said:

she is leaving because of too much racism because of brexit and COVID 19, she wants to walk away with £400k

 

Bye then

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Freki said:

I doubt people are fed up of people who managed to get a £5 million house with hard labour. 

The labour party is - they wanted to increase tax for anyone who earns 80k plus that is a people such as my electrician, my plumber m,y mate who is a bricklayer.  All working class men who voted Tory at the last election and now have no respect for Labour who are too wokey for them.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, satsuma said:

The English obsession with class always surprises me, people are just people 

Of course they are........when someone asks what school or university you attended you know to make a run for it.......soooooo many assumptions and snobbery, nobody knows another until they bother to get to know them, whilst not judging them by their accent.....class says only accent and answers to a few general questions count.;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, shlomo said:

Yes, but there reasons are to make money, if COVID 19 by way of social distancing stops this, then they will leave of their own accord putting downward pressure on property prices 

I do admit, I don't know what is happening with the figures post-covid.

You have got to think that things must change in London.  Millions rammed onto trains in a way that would be illegal if they were animals.  Surely people will refuse to back to that way of life?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, winkie said:

Of course they are........when someone asks what school or university you attended you know to make a run for it.......soooooo many assumptions and snobbery, nobody knows another until they bother to get to know them, whilst not judging them by their accent.....class says only accent and answers to a few general questions count.;)

The one i always get stumped on is what you do for a living, Hugh grant in about a boy springs to mind.  

it does feel unnatural just floating through life waiting for the cards to fall your way ;)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, richmondtw said:

I would never live there jmnysekf but to thonk a house there is 300k is indeed crazy

Who cares

 

 

Bye then

 

Hey thicko, she is leaving with £400k, she came here with nothing 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, satsuma said:

The English obsession with class always surprises me, people are just people 

 

3 hours ago, winkie said:

Of course they are........when someone asks what school or university you attended you know to make a run for it.......soooooo many assumptions and snobbery, nobody knows another until they bother to get to know them, whilst not judging them by their accent.....class says only accent and answers to a few general questions count.;)

Meeting someone with real class is quite inspirational. That class is often little to do with accent, education or wealth.😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, richmondtw said:

The labour party is - they wanted to increase tax for anyone who earns 80k plus that is a people such as my electrician, my plumber m,y mate who is a bricklayer.  All working class men who voted Tory at the last election and now have no respect for Labour who are too wokey for them.  

I am close to these trades. My experience is a really good self employed tradesman earns nowhere near this as a net profit. Maybe an employee, in London, who works for a large company who does calls outs and get paid by the hour with overtime. 

Extra tax on £80k doesn’t even nearly hit the average working man. 

Average sparky is £32k taxable income and £38k in London. They may tell you otherwise and even earn a few grand on the side but ‘taking nearly £2k a week’ isn’t the same as earning it.

However, I do agree that they probably voted Tory though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, longgone said:

The one i always get stumped on is what you do for a living, Hugh grant in about a boy springs to mind.  

it does feel unnatural just floating through life waiting for the cards to fall your way ;)

 

"I don't have to work" was my favourite when being questioned to determine my class.

"Of independent means" or "Gentleman" were fun when filling out forms.

Now I'm just a pensioner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Pop321 said:

I am close to these trades. My experience is a really good self employed tradesman earns nowhere near this as a net profit. Maybe an employee, in London, who works for a large company who does calls outs and get paid by the hour with overtime. 

Extra tax on £80k doesn’t even nearly hit the average working man. 

Average sparky is £32k taxable income and £38k in London. They may tell you otherwise and even earn a few grand on the side but ‘taking nearly £2k a week’ isn’t the same as earning it.

However, I do agree that they probably voted Tory though. 

Don't you know, everybody earns in the top decile of income distribution! IFS says at 55k net (or 80k gross) you are top 4% of income in the country. 

Note I am definitely not advocating for taxing income more, the marginal rate is obscene and does not encourage people to work harder. I wish instead we were paying LVT and less income tax.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sexton said:

"I don't have to work" was my favourite when being questioned to determine my class.

"Of independent means" or "Gentleman" were fun when filling out forms.

Now I'm just a pensioner.

Some posters wax lyrical in a pseudo semi soliloquy fashion. ;) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, richmondtw said:

I would never live there jmnysekf but to thonk a house there is 300k is indeed crazy

Who cares

 

 

Bye then

 

Banks are drawing down money from BoE.

UKGOV/UK tax payer are on the hook and suffer from inflated housing costs.

*everyone* needs to care when it comes to shit bank lending.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Freki said:

Don't you know, everybody earns in the top decile of income distribution! IFS says at 55k net (or 80k gross) you are top 4% of income in the country. 

Note I am definitely not advocating for taxing income more, the marginal rate is obscene and does not encourage people to work harder. I wish instead we were paying LVT and less income tax.

Dont forget the 13.8% ER NI. 

Most successful stealth tax ever. My employer pays, nothing to do with me... 

Aha. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pop321 said:

 

Meeting someone with real class is quite inspirational. That class is often little to do with accent, education or wealth.😉

Right, I met such a person recently and they are a special breed but not because they are from a posh background

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, winkie said:

Very true, people like yourself.;)

Thanks mum.😆😆

Right back at you.😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, lombardo said:

Ethnics? You mean immigrants. 

Some ethnic minorities don't have anywhere else to go because they were born here.

BTW ethnics sounds like a slur.

Can't be too hard for them to go to Africa or India or wherever their ancestors were from pre 1948. I think some will still have dual nationality passports.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Glenn said:

Can't be too hard for them to go to Africa or India or wherever their ancestors were from pre 1948. I think some will still have dual nationality passports.

If they went back with £400k+ they will be part of the elite

London property is a world class asset

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2020 at 8:05 AM, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

The relative performance thing is interesting on older generations of hardware. The thing is a lot of newer stuff is really aimed at virtualisation which is all about efficiency, i.e. replacing a rack full of 1U or 2U rack servers in a data centre, with a denser system with many more cores which can support 60-100 users rather than 4-8. Basically you end up with lots of smaller virtual machines.


With desktop apps you often don’t get great multi threading that can make use of of all those cores anyway, so no point buying a 2 x 24 core Xeon system to run paint shop; someone  might only really make use of that if they could run a load of heavy duty batch processes that could parallelise.

So actually  there is probably not much wrong with a 8-10 year old fast clocked CPU. Indeed the clock speeds were often higher 8-10 years back.

We're getting horrendously off-topic, but I'm currently doing some bench-marking on older HP blades (ca 2012) as compared to newer G9/G10 pizza boxes. The G10s are roughly 2x as fast to finish our test jobs and have lots more cores and RAM,  but when you adjust for the cost per core, it turns out that it's cheaper to buy+run the used kit... Software takes care of the reliability aspect, as in, we don't even care if a blade fails because things just get rescheduled.

If you just believed the benchmarks from the server manufacturers, you'd think the 2012 kit was totally rubbish and outdated. and the new kit was amazing (quite obviously, i suppose, given that it's marketing material), but in the real world where you have i/o latencies, remote databases etc, the performance increase is often not as marked as you'd think initially, at least with batch style jobs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, definitelynotanagent said:

We're getting horrendously off-topic, but I'm currently doing some bench-marking on older HP blades (ca 2012) as compared to newer G9/G10 pizza boxes. The G10s are roughly 2x as fast to finish our test jobs and have lots more cores and RAM,  but when you adjust for the cost per core, it turns out that it's cheaper to buy+run the used kit... Software takes care of the reliability aspect, as in, we don't even care if a blade fails because things just get rescheduled.

If you just believed the benchmarks from the server manufacturers, you'd think the 2012 kit was totally rubbish and outdated. and the new kit was amazing (quite obviously, i suppose, given that it's marketing material), but in the real world where you have i/o latencies, remote databases etc, the performance increase is often not as marked as you'd think initially, at least with batch style jobs.

Yes, I guess with more blades and a decent port count switch, then aggregate I/O bandwidth could be higher and  queuing less which could  reduce latency if you are forced to use a fixed network line speed and only have a couple of ports per server. A lot of the newer servers really should be connected to 40GbE or 100GbE rather than 1/10GbE, but it costs decent money to upgrade and switches can last for ages.

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, definitelynotanagent said:

We're getting horrendously off-topic, but I'm currently doing some bench-marking on older HP blades (ca 2012) as compared to newer G9/G10 pizza boxes. The G10s are roughly 2x as fast to finish our test jobs and have lots more cores and RAM,  but when you adjust for the cost per core, it turns out that it's cheaper to buy+run the used kit... Software takes care of the reliability aspect, as in, we don't even care if a blade fails because things just get rescheduled.

If you just believed the benchmarks from the server manufacturers, you'd think the 2012 kit was totally rubbish and outdated. and the new kit was amazing (quite obviously, i suppose, given that it's marketing material), but in the real world where you have i/o latencies, remote databases etc, the performance increase is often not as marked as you'd think initially, at least with batch style jobs.

Off topic? Never 😆😆

I run 3 screens and am brilliantly proficient at Microsoft Office applications.  I use that and browser...almost nothing else  

However when it comes to my actual laptop you lost me at Blades, infact well  before that😆....but that what makes this world wonderful. Our differences. 

My laptop has a solid hard drive thingy so doesn’t take long to boot up. And it is black and grey. It has HP written on it....so I think it’s a HP. 

Sorry, what was the topic again 😆😆

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 429 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.