Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Recommended Posts

I've been thinking about this today and am coming to the conclusion that Russia is itching for conflict and if we get another Trump government then I think it might well happen.

I think Trump would use a nuke and Putin would be happy to return the favour.  Economies need to rebuild after COVID and war is a good leveller before reconstruction.

A sign of what's to come is the new Cold War Call Of Duty game, released this winter.  It's an omen I tell you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

I've been thinking about this today and am coming to the conclusion that Russia is itching for conflict and if we get another Trump government then I think it might well happen.

I think Trump would use a nuke and Putin would be happy to return the favour.  Economies need to rebuild after COVID and war is a good leveller before reconstruction.

A sign of what's to come is the new Cold War Call Of Duty game, released this winter.  It's an omen I tell you.

Russia's nothing (Yes Vladimir, that means you tough guy!). Trump won't use a nuke though, maybe invade a couple of places for a bit of a giggle, but no nuking for now I reckon.

China is the big boy now, but I am still looking forward to Black Ops - Cold War. Will take me back to the good old days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Social Justice League said:

I've been thinking about this today and am coming to the conclusion that Russia is itching for conflict and if we get another Trump government then I think it might well happen.

I think Trump would use a nuke and Putin would be happy to return the favour.  Economies need to rebuild after COVID and war is a good leveller before reconstruction.

A sign of what's to come is the new Cold War Call Of Duty game, released this winter.  It's an omen I tell you.

The answer to what?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think there will be a war

but if there ever was one it wouldn’t be the same as previous wars.

this time we will have swarms of killer drones, millions of them basically instructed to clear an area of all humans with little to no property destruction 

the thing of nightmares

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

I don’t think there will be a war

but if there ever was one it wouldn’t be the same as previous wars.

this time we will have swarms of killer drones, millions of them basically instructed to clear an area of all humans with little to no property destruction 

the thing of nightmares

I thought one of the big problems with drone strikes was how imprecise they were and how much collateral damage they caused (people as well as property). They are often stories in the Middle East of US drone strikes destroying hospitals, schools, killing many at weddings etc. when they were just trying to target a few specific people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Young Turk said:

I thought one of the big problems with drone strikes was how imprecise they were and how much collateral damage they caused (people as well as property). They are often stories in the Middle East of US drone strikes destroying hospitals, schools, killing many at weddings etc. when they were just trying to target a few specific people.

Small drones - like a swarm of wasps - clouds of them.

probably with small explosive charges on them, or in the case of some of the American precision missiles, spinning blades to keep the deaths own to only the target

 either way nightmare fuel - enough of them and basically you are stuffed 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You have been demoralised.

  • Alexei Navalny has never held any elected office, his political party doesn’t have a single MP in the Duma, and he polls at roughly 2% support with the Russian people.

  • Despite this, and in the middle of an alleged “pandemic”, Vladimir Putin deems the man a threat and orders him killed.

  • The State apparatus responsible for unnecessary and seemingly arbitrary acts of political murder decide to use novichok to poison him.

  • This decision is taken in spite of the facts that a) Novichok totally and utterly failed to work in their alleged murder of the Skripals and b) It has already been widely publicly associated with Russia.

  • Rather unsurprisingly, the novichok which didn’t kill its alleged target last time, doesn’t kill its alleged target this time either.

  • Compounding their poor decision making, the Russians not only perform an emergency landing and take Navalny straight to a hospital for medical care.

  • Despite Navalny being helpless and comatose in a Russian hospital, the powerful state-backed assassination team make no further attempts on his life.

  • In fact, seemingly determined to under no circumstances successfully kill their intended victim, the Russian government, allow him to leave the country and get medical help from one of the countries which previously accused them of using novichok.

  • To absolutely no one’s surprise, the Germans claim to have detected novichok in Navalny’s system.

  • Vladimir Putin and the Russian government are immediately blamed for the attempted murder.

1 hour ago, jiltedjen said:

either way nightmare fuel - enough of them and basically you are stuffed 

There's a black mirror episode on this one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Locke said:
  • This decision is taken in spite of the facts that a) Novichok totally and utterly failed to work in their alleged murder of the Skripals and b) It has already been widely publicly associated with Russia.

I agree that this is, at least, curious.  I wonder: might an explanation be that the "virus" has had a devastating effect on the cognitive capacity of those in positions of authority?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Locke said:

You have been demoralised.

  • Alexei Navalny has never held any elected office, his political party doesn’t have a single MP in the Duma, and he polls at roughly 2% support with the Russian people.

  • Despite this, and in the middle of an alleged “pandemic”, Vladimir Putin deems the man a threat and orders him killed.

  • The State apparatus responsible for unnecessary and seemingly arbitrary acts of political murder decide to use novichok to poison him.

  • This decision is taken in spite of the facts that a) Novichok totally and utterly failed to work in their alleged murder of the Skripals and b) It has already been widely publicly associated with Russia.

  • Rather unsurprisingly, the novichok which didn’t kill its alleged target last time, doesn’t kill its alleged target this time either.

  • Compounding their poor decision making, the Russians not only perform an emergency landing and take Navalny straight to a hospital for medical care.

  • Despite Navalny being helpless and comatose in a Russian hospital, the powerful state-backed assassination team make no further attempts on his life.

  • In fact, seemingly determined to under no circumstances successfully kill their intended victim, the Russian government, allow him to leave the country and get medical help from one of the countries which previously accused them of using novichok.

  • To absolutely no one’s surprise, the Germans claim to have detected novichok in Navalny’s system.

  • Vladimir Putin and the Russian government are immediately blamed for the attempted murder.

There's a black mirror episode on this one.

https://youtu.be/O-2tpwW0kmU quite disconcerting.

Comments by a professor at the end.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, A.steve said:

I agree that this is, at least, curious.  I wonder: might an explanation be that the "virus" has had a devastating effect on the cognitive capacity of those in positions of authority?

What is your position?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Locke said:

What is your position?

Other diseases have impacted prominent figures in the past.. (not trying to drag it down into the "H1tl3r" rabbit hole). 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7121633/

Prominent people suffering EL were also worthy of attention, such as Jane Morgan, the wife of American banker John Pierpont Morgan Jr who, two years after his wife’s death, donated $200,000 (today: c. $2.75 million) to fund a 48-bed department for the investigation of EL at the new Neurological Institute;22 and British entomologist and banker Charles Rothschild, who committed suicide in 1923 to escape the chronic effects of the disease he apparently contracted in 1916 or 1917.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Locke said:

What is your position?

I don't have a position... other than finding the situation curious.

All I can add to your (interesting) post is a pointer to this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/26/opinion/germany-nord-2-pipeline.html

This diplomatically ties Germany, Russia and the USA.  Curiously, the Republicans were accused of being Putin Puppets by the Democrats - but now the same Republicans are allegedly targeting Russia by insisting upon disruption to a substantial export market... against German interests (presumably).

... (Oh... reinterpreting your question...) ...

I see unusually odd policy decisions across the globe this calendar year... these policy decisions do not seem to be well-thought-through.  If an event (I don't want to suggest a specific nature of such an event - or speculate about a mechanism) were to impair the cognitive abilities of those in authority... then this would be consistent with subsequent observations.

[Oversimplification alert!] Didn't WWI start because those in authority lost the plot?

 

Edited by A.steve
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jiltedjen said:

Small drones - like a swarm of wasps - clouds of them.

probably with small explosive charges on them, or in the case of some of the American precision missiles, spinning blades to keep the deaths own to only the target

 either way nightmare fuel - enough of them and basically you are stuffed 

That's still science fiction territory (for now).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 415 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.