House Price Crash Forum

25 minutes ago, Mancunian284 said:

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/4011572-Mortgage-rejected-No-idea-what-to-do-next

Just posted this on the mumsnet thread.  Don’t know if there is something wrong with her credit check / property, or if lenders are really tightening up.

I reckon the bank has picked up on something that looks like fraud or money laundering since the broker refuses to discuss it.

27 minutes ago, Mancunian284 said:

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/4011572-Mortgage-rejected-No-idea-what-to-do-next

Just posted this on the mumsnet thread.  Don’t know if there is something wrong with her credit check / property, or if lenders are really tightening up.

Our broker has washed her hands of us and said she can’t help us now, but I’ve no idea why it has been rejected?

Im confused why a broker would 'wash their hands of them'

Only reason would be they are such a hopeless financial case theres zilch chance of commission.

The 2 issues seemed to be that part of their income was from self employment and part of the deposit was a gift (from what she said).  I’m wondering if mortgage brokers have been informed that lenders are shying away from self employment and / or gifted deposits.

I think she said they had an 18% deposit and 60% of it was gifted.

Income was (her) 95% employed and 5% self employment.  Her partner was 50/50 employed and self employed.

Had 3 years of accounts for both self employed businesses and good credit ratings.

Edited by Mancunian284
More info