House Price Crash Forum

POLL: Labour and Tories TIED

Is that a 20% lead gone in just 5 months? If the Lib Dems were a bit more prominent it could be even worse, some folk like to go half way.

Johnson in trouble. But don't worry Cummings is to take personal charge!

1 minute ago, Mignal said:

Is that a 20% lead gone in just 5 months? If the Lib Dems were a bit more prominent it could be even worse, some folk like to go half way.

Johnson in trouble. But don't worry Cummings is to take personal charge!

10 point lead pretty much gone and furlough hasn't even ended yet!

It's a 26 point lead gone but that's obviously Johnson having a lot of support through the early Covid crisis. Bit of a false lead. 10 point lead gone is still very significant though. He needs a lovely juicy oven ready deal, quickly + I suspect the never ending u-turns are sapping confidence. Doesn't help when a lot of the Tory party aren't exactly happy with Cummings.

15 minutes ago, Trump Invective said:

Fully expect an emergency coalition by spring

I don't see that happening. I suspect the govt' will collapse and there will be a general election.

Probably when mass unemployment hits and riots in the streets.

All hell is about to break loose.

Just now, Warlord said:

I don't see that happening. I suspect the govt' will collapse and there will be a general election.

Probably when mass unemployment hits and riots in the streets.

All hell is about to break loose.

I've been predicting this since March, Johnson is a total disaster, I couldn't see his tenure ending in any other way except chaos and collapse. 

I think you're getting somewhat carried away guys. The only way that will happen is if the lorries get stuck at Dover and we start to go very hungry. I don't think it will get to that level.

The Tory party will decide Johnsons fate. They are good at that sort of thing. They remind me of the Roman empire.

With a strong majority I can see the govt holding on to the bitter end like Gordon Brown did. Whatever Tory splits there are, doesn't mean they'll put themselves out of office.

But the votes going against them are the younger votes aren't they?

Presumably the triple lock pension and stratospheric house prices aren't a vote winner in the 16-25 age group. So what would their election strategy be????

5 minutes ago, Mignal said:

I think you're getting somewhat carried away guys. The only way that will happen is if the lorries get stuck at Dover and we start to go very hungry. I don't think it will get to that level.

The Tory party will decide Johnsons fate. They are good at that sort of thing. They remind me of the Roman empire.

You could be right but I foresee large protests and potentially riots like we had in 2011 and things are worse than then! 

Yes, people are getting carried away. 

It's several years before an election, and governments often are unpopular in mid term. 

If it was one year before an election then it might be different. But even then it would only be a quick internal election, followed by riding to victory on the coat tails of the new ( and popular) leader. 

17 minutes ago, Warlord said:

You could be right but I foresee large protests and potentially riots like we had in 2011 and things are worse than then! 

Only this time face masks are mandatory! I know last time the deterrent was to video it all and identify and make the arrests later with heavy penalties - you would think that strategy will not work this time and the rioters will be more ballsy with their additional anonymity.

There's certainly a lot of anger about at the moment. I think even this government will be concerned at the various factions on the street this weekend. We've held together through a bit of positive community vibe in the spring, with a lot of NHS love. Thats something we can almost all get behind. Then Rishi spread some economic unreality, and the only people who fell through the gaps were those not inclined to rabble rouse (for the very most part - calling LBC doesn't count as rabble rousing).

Now its a different matter: End of free money/payment holidays, nights drawing in, cold snap, rain, back to school(?), general sense that the government are useless (and associated anger/dissapointment/disbelief if you've voted for these numpties) - some believing they can go their own way and disobey (Trafalgar Square today) partly because of this incompetence.

If there isnt a full parliament this week and some pretty darn effective communication, there's going to be increasing anger and frustration. Throw in the Trump effect (he's going to win, but the build up will also inspire the UK in a very warped manner) and some factions are going to be figuring out ways they can upset the applecart. They have no history of doing that, for the most part (this isn't the XR bods who know how to rabble rouse) which is why they'll need to figure out how to effect rapid change. How they show their anger, we will see.

And I havent even mentioned Brexit

27 minutes ago, 24gray24 said:

Yes, people are getting carried away. 

It's several years before an election, and governments often are unpopular in mid term. 

If it was one year before an election then it might be different. But even then it would only be a quick internal election, followed by riding to victory on the coat tails of the new ( and popular) leader. 

Dunno man, this country is in a very odd place

BoJo and Cummings will try the 'man of the people' approach contrasting themselves against the SIRs in Labour and Lib Dem. It'll work until the 'people' find themselves jobless, with -ve equity houses

1 hour ago, Postman said:

Lol. Johnson is hopeless. I was telling people this in December but they insisted on voting Tory because 'CoRbYn iS a TeRrOrIsT sYnThEsIsEr' 

Haha. People are so f-ing weird. Like the government don't hang about with - indeed surround themselves with - frankly evil, corrupt, exploitative leeches.

Political parrties generally last between 10 and 15 years, or 2 to 3 terms of 4 to 5 years.

If Labour win in 2024, then it looks like it's bang on the long term average, even with Brexit and COVID craziness.

However, if Boris wins in 2024, then the Tories will be on track to be in power for the longest single stretch for.......

.....200 years 😂

Don't get too carried away guys.

Boris Johnson faces Tory wrath as party slumps in shock poll

From the Guardian.

This is a major issue. I have a theory that they havent been caring about the uturns etc because all they need to do is support property prices. Now they may have to do something about the other billion things a government does. HPC here we come

46 minutes ago, smash said:

If we leave the EU on no deal so that we can send back the migrats under WTO terms it will JOY ! for the Tories.

He''s the one putting them up in 4 star hotels.I think people are angry about that

2 minutes ago, Warlord said:

He''s the one putting them up in 4 star hotels.I think people are angry about that

Yep, in my twitter/social media sewer trawling there is a very palpable sense of the Daily Mails favourite word for a front page- BETRAYAL! The nation has been conditioned for scapegoating/victim seat mentality and that won't go away easily, rather the objects/origins of the victim sense shift onto something else.

3 hours ago, Trump Invective said:

Fully expect an emergency coalition by spring

I fully expect the next election to be in 2024, as it's expected to be.  Whether Johnson is PM still by then I don't know and I don't care, but someone from the Conservative party will be.