House Price Crash Forum

Economy set for November crunch as banks told to end mortgage holidays

1 hour ago, winkie said:

Since when did anyone require help from the government to buy s £600,000 house.... policies for the already wealthy and friends that require help from the government to sell.;)

I absolutely couldn’t agree more. I now correct ANYONE who refers to Help to Buy and tell them it’s called Help to Sell....and almost without fail (and without the whole picture and conspiracy detail) it really helps the penny drop. 

My biggest concern is C19 gives a worldwide political consensus that we need to keep things going. We need a good old recession with hardship, wealth lost, giving up on luxuries and then a nice recovery once everyone has had the opportunity to join the party. It used to happen every 8/10 years and you could plan your life, house purchase and retirement around it  

I just wish they would lance the boil and everyone will feel better. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Pop321 said:

I absolutely couldn’t agree more. I now correct ANYONE who refers to Help to Buy and tell them it’s called Help to Sell....and almost without fail (and without the whole picture and conspiracy detail) it really helps the penny drop. 

My biggest concern is C19 gives a worldwide political consensus that we need to keep things going. We need a good old recession with hardship, wealth lost, giving up on luxuries and then a nice recovery once everyone has had the opportunity to join the party. It used to happen every 8/10 years and you could plan your life, house purchase and retirement around it  

The more 'help' that is given the harder it will be to make corrections.... nothing now will be balanced or gradual, it will hit hard and be clear and noticeable.;)

46 minutes ago, Pop321 said:

Agreed. It is why my generation (millenials) feel so spectacularly divved out, by boomers who see hpi forever as status quo while forgetting they had benefited hugely by hpc in the past.