House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MEtallic

Wind Farm Shares For Sale

West Mill wind farm www.westmill.coop is has set up a cooperative to build a 6.5Mw wind farm in Oxfordshire.

They hope to generate 12-13 GWh per annum and have got deals already to sell to www.good-energy.co.uk.

I've looked at the figures and if their projections are accurate, then an investment will grow at the equivalent rate of 6.8% compounded per annum. Not huge growth, but should be fairly steady and I rate it as a low to lowish risk investment.

My thoughts are that energy is going to be an expensive commodity in future, so they may well be able to sell their electricity at far higher prices in future.

Edited by MEtallic

West Mill wind farm www.westmill.coop is has set up a cooperative to build a 6.5Mw wind farm in Oxfordshire.

They hope to generate 12-13 GWh per annum and have got deals already to sell to www.good-energy.co.uk.

I've looked at the figures and if their projections are accurate, then an investment will grow at the equivalent rate of 6.8% compounded per annum. Not huge growth, but should be fairly steady and I rate it as a low to lowish risk investment.

My thoughts are that energy is going to be an expensive commodity in future, so they may well be able to sell their electricity at far higher prices in future.

If anyone is going to invest i this they should perhaps consider doing it in a Venture Capital Trust - 40% relief, tax free growth and divvies

if you are going for wind farm shares try REPower listed in germany.

they are one of europes leading wind turbine producers.