House Price Crash Forum

Small Businesses - "Eat Out To Help Out Needs To Be Extended"

HOLA441
49 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

Except my parents are over 70 and I quite like them. Why would I risk putting them in a precarious situation so I can have a half price pizza? I suppose I could have the half price pizza and not see them for 14 days.

Same is true of influenza or driving a car. 

I quite like my young nephew i still drive him to school. 

Life is not risk free. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
32 minutes ago, captainb said:

Same is true of influenza or driving a car. 

I quite like my young nephew i still drive him to school. 

Life is not risk free. 

That’s a false equivalency. Covid is much more dangerous to my parents than influenza.

if I gave it to them because I wanted a half price pizza I wouldn’t forgive myself. 

HOLA443
1 hour ago, zugzwang said:

A troubling local outbreak that's in the process of being contained. My expectation is that the country will be back to green (zero new) in 2/3 weeks.

Yes agree its very troubling. But its Melbourne, the major city of Victoria, second city of Australia with a pop of over 5M...it isnt a small provincial town enduring a "local outbreak" that can just be ignored. Lets hope you are right about the zero new cases.

HOLA444
24 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

That’s a false equivalency. Covid is much more dangerous to my parents than influenza.

if I gave it to them because I wanted a half price pizza I wouldn’t forgive myself. 

Not quite the same. 

Your risk profile is picking up influenza in the community probability, multiply by probability to giving it to parents when infectious, multiplied by risk factornof influenza to them. 

Swap word influenza for cv19 and multiply through. 

Id obviously hate to cost a life in any form. Unfortunately we are mortal.

At some point to live i take the tube to say get a pizza depsite the risk of picking up influenza, work next to mr sneezy as the fool won't go home, drive the car to drop the kids off etc etc

HOLA445
12 hours ago, captainb said:

Not quite the same. 

Your risk profile is picking up influenza in the community probability, multiply by probability to giving it to parents when infectious, multiplied by risk factornof influenza to them. 

Swap word influenza for cv19 and multiply through. 

Id obviously hate to cost a life in any form. Unfortunately we are mortal.

At some point to live i take the tube to say get a pizza depsite the risk of picking up influenza, work next to mr sneezy as the fool won't go home, drive the car to drop the kids off etc etc

Can't you just have it delivered like everybody else?

HOLA446
13 hours ago, MARTINX9 said:

Cue headlines in January - I got fat thanks to eat out to help out and now I am in ICU?!! Can I sue Rishi?!

Were you mis sold a Bacon butty and chips?

You could be entitled to PPI (Packed Porcine Indigestion) compensation...call now for a free quote!

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Never used it, a friend has a couple of hotels and says its made a difference but the type of clients that come in Mon to Wed are not what he would really want in his establishment.  Couple of friends used it one and said the food was bad 

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

The better half has persuaded me to eat out a couple of times under this scheme - mainly to meet and catch up with friends (like tonight with a couple who are leaving the country soon). Even though we can cook better meals at home, it does mean we can have a change of scenery. I suspect we'll still eat out once in a while when the scheme elapses - plenty of good-value low-cost restaurants here in NW London, you just have to be careful about drink prices. Although we couldn't afford to go often, it's the lack of theatres and live-music pubs we miss the most.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
10 minutes ago, longgone said:

last day and never had one meal out 

anyone else not bother to use it. 

Used it once for my daughters birthday which we were going out for anyway so it was a welcomed saving. 

It'll be interesting to see how establishments cope now. It was certainly a mini bubble for most restaurants. 

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
11 minutes ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

I am a miserable git and didn't use it once.

During the pandemic I have discovered Aldi, which I quite like. Some of the food quality is a bit hit and miss, the fruit and veg is not so good as other places IMO. But there is some really good stuff there.

did a big shop in aldi couple weeks back never again, fruit and veg is shocking really really bad quality, only thing i like in there is the big daddy rump steaks. 

aldi-big-daddy-16oz-steak.jpg

HOLA4419
16 minutes ago, longgone said:

did a big shop in aldi couple weeks back never again, fruit and veg is shocking really really bad quality, only thing i like in there is the big daddy rump steaks. 

aldi-big-daddy-16oz-steak.jpg

Aldi is hit and miss. Some great stuff. Some awful.

HOLA4420
6 minutes ago, Si1 said:

Aldi is hit and miss. Some great stuff. Some awful.

lidl seems to be consistently better. To be fair though the fruit and veg is not great where ever you go.  i bought some passion fruit physalis and cantaloupes and water melon, melons tatseless and one was rotten only after a few days and the physalis had mould hiding underneath. 

HOLA4421
Just now, longgone said:

lidl seems to be consistently better. To be fair though the fruit and veg is not great where ever you go.  i bought some passion fruit physalis and cantaloupes and water melon, melons tatseless and one was rotten only after a few days and the physalis had mould hiding underneath. 

I wonder if that's a London thing, fruit and veg is excellent in all my supermarkets currently, Aldi, Lidl, Morrisons, Tesco, Asda...

HOLA4422
2 minutes ago, Si1 said:

I wonder if that's a London thing, fruit and veg is excellent in all my supermarkets currently, Aldi, Lidl, Morrisons, Tesco, Asda...

honestly i picked up the melon and outwardly it looked fine but fingers went straight through it. 

its not the same as what i remember as a kid, impossible to get the oblong watermelons or prickly pears ;)  

HOLA4423

i went for a meal yesterday with my partner and kids and spent £124 it was cheap as i did now have to pay £5k for a family holiday because of Coronovirus.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
1 minute ago, longgone said:

and live with parents ?

I dont pay rent, that is why i have so much disposable income.

I knew you would pull me up on this, i think the ebay/market trader,

(my partner also works)