House Price Crash Forum

London on the slide (Reading's not even a city :D )

42 minutes ago, spyguy said:

No.

This is mid 90s. I still visit the town about once a year - if I can choose.

You had- and still have a choice of going out in the M4 valley.

You go into London - ££££££

Or you go into Rdg - £

Towns like Oxford (full of students), Swindon (nothing), Bracknell (nothing),  Wham (dull/nothing) Bstoke (nothing) and the surrounding surrounding villages

Rdg is not busy with eager commuter arrive for a hard day at the office.

Friday and the WE do see a lot pour into the station.

I'm talking about the 1980s compared to now. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, spyguy said:

White trash priced out....

Whos the racist?

Any urban areas that faces that level of reduction- and those figures will have gone fast 2010->2020 than they did 2000-2010 - is going to struggle with social cohesion.

Rather than being 'priced out' I think whats happened is IO BTL idiots have piled in, and replaced the natve born white black n brown, with a load of low paid, benefit dependent renting non native English speakers white, brown n black.

S25 and the virus is going to kind to Reading.

What's wrong with the phrase White Trash? As you and Markyh pointed out there was no orget coloured trash in the town back then..... would you prefer i used the term trash instead? Or chav? Or waster? 

I hope you are able to distinguish the difference between labelling a pack of dole claiming wasters that are white as white trash and what Markyh states about % of non whites getting too high?

You do understand that racism is discrimination on grounds of nothing other than race? So labelling people as white trash or brown trash isn't racist, but saying that you cannot live in a town because of your colour is very clearly. 

You do get that don't you?

11 hours ago, markyh said:

SA wives are a little more "old school" than English women. My wife accepts that when she gets paid, she transfers all her pay to me, and i give her some "spending & hair money" back (about £400 pcm) to a specific account, and the rest is to go with my earnings for the family into a joint account. 

She is happy enough as she hates bills and financial stuff, all she wants to know are things like when our current EV is paid for in October can she lease a new Peugeot EV for 2-3 years that then gets replaced with a Tesla Model Y when they arrive. To which i reply, yep should be doable, now get on with the ironing!!!

You should stop with all this milk float car consumerism rubbish pay down your big mortgage and buy the saffa a miniature of the now defunct Edward Colston statue to attach to the bonnet of your current milk float. 

12 hours ago, adarmo said:

It is downright racism plain and simple. Not a f***ing tone.

Looks like your BS definition of ethnic cleansing is doing very well for the local economy. Maybe the white trash got priced out and/or evicted. Maybe it's foreign students. Maybe it's my dentist and my GP, coming over here and fixing my teeth and keeping me healthy. 

Moans about racism and say White Trash - does not get the irony!!!

Most immigrants from Africa and Asia are not dentists are they? 

I have had immigrants sent to me for an interview who cannot speak English. They are worthless in the workplace. 

The areas with the highest level of immigration are those that get the most govt support, That is all on the ons if you can be bothered to look.

8 hours ago, richmondtw said:

Moans about racism and say White Trash - does not get the irony!!!

Most immigrants from Africa and Asia are not dentists are they? 

I have had immigrants sent to me for an interview who cannot speak English. They are worthless in the workplace. 

The areas with the highest level of immigration are those that get the most govt support, That is all on the ons if you can be bothered to look.

What's wrong with white trash? It is a description. Would you take issue with the phrase that white person is trash? It's a long way from there to 'you let the% of non whites get too high'.

How many is too many?

How you define non-white?

You and your buddies going to start measuring skull sizes?

Why is a non English speaker turning up at your place of work for a job relevant?

Your little correlation exercise is just that, not causation. First generation immigrants from anywhere generally are poorer and earn lower than natives (by that i mean people born in said county just in case you get your knickers in a bunch). Same is true of British people moving to other countries. 

The biggest irony here is that people emigrating from Africa and Asia have a far harder time getting in than 'whites' from Eastern Europe. Most of them are not dentists either are they?

Btw, Asians are overrepresented in dentistry.