House Price Crash Forum

The looming bank collapse.

32 minutes ago, “Nasty Piece of work” said:

I have been trying, with no success, to find articles suggesting NW is too near the edge.  Can I be pointed in the right direction please?

There isn't. Classic HPC circle j*rk.

On 25/08/2020 at 23:53, MarkG said:

Bingo. Pretty much everyone in the West is printing tons of money, so all of them are going down together.

This is, most likely, the intention, so the 'elite' get their Great Reset.

Currencies should maintain their relative values if each currency 'prints' a proportionally similar amount.

A key question, then becomes:  which demographics can benefit from the newly created money - and by what mechanism?

I'm currently reading "The Great Reset" by Florida. So far, I'm a bit confused as the timescales suggested by the book do not align with an instantaneous 'event'... which is how I interpret the term as used by the WEF.

• 4 weeks later...

Just been out to get some cash...for obvious "tin hat" reasons.

The local bank was open but had run out of cash! This was at the desk not the hole in the wall.

Is this normal for a Saturday afternoon???

Demand for cash is low right now re covid and lack of pub and prostitute spending. Thus banks are not keeping much cash.

Edited by steve99

Demand for cash is low right now re covid and lack of pub and prostitute spending. Thus banks are not keeping much cash.

Brilliant thinking...I pride myself on lateral thinking but that one passed me by!

Indeed, we must not forget that the ladies of the night are no doubt struggling at the moment

No plan B like the rest of us.

For a full run down of such issues and a good bit of economics (better than all of the MSM IMPO) here is Doug Stanhopes view on the subject.

CAREFUL! NSFW...do not listen if easily (or not so easily) offended.

The local bank was open but had run out of cash! This was at the desk not the hole in the wall.

It's a reasonably common thing actually. If you are withdrawing an amount in any size, the bank usually prefers that you ring ahead so it can be prepared.

Cash for financial institutions, ATMs etc is generally provided on a "just in time basis", like most commodities, with a quite sophisticated forecasting process to ensure it all works. Unfortunately, current circumstances have led to unexpected sudden changes in demand , like your desire to suddenly get some cash.