House Price Crash Forum

They really HATE housepricecrash.co.uk

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I came across this site which really seems to despise HPCers. There is a vitriolic article, followed by a cartoon:

https://www.propertyinvestmentproject.co.uk/blog/house-price-crash-hpc-website-mentality/

“House Price Crash” (HPC) Website Mentality

House Price Crash (HPC)(www.housepricecrash.co.uk) is one of the more popular property websites with an extremely active forum community, which I was unfortunate enough to discover.

The community mostly consists of ******** douche-bags that participate in gang-mentality bullying, forcing the opposing opinions into submission or tears. It’s truly sad, because most of the members are middle-aged and OAPs. What a horrible display of humanity failing

The cartoon:

ownmindhpc.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent stuff.

Whoever it is, I would say that they are easily "triggered" which generally means they lead a relatively easy life.

From the (offensive) language used there is an outside chance that they may be young British (product of our wonderful modern higher education system) but I think that they are more probably of foreign extraction.

Is Douche Bag a usual British English slur?

Here is another entry on HPC:-https://www.propertyinvestmentproject.co.uk/blog/house-price-crash-idiot-attacks-again/

Yeah, f#ck you Charlie 🙂 I hope you feel the metaphorical stones as they are lobbed hard at your metaphorical body when your BTL gets bought at auction for a 90% discount.

Or 95%, don't mind really.

Edit. Just seen it's dated 2007. Maybe it'll be this decade I'm right 😂

Edited by Huggy
54 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I came across this site which really seems to despise HPCers. There is a vitriolic article, followed by a cartoon:

https://www.propertyinvestmentproject.co.uk/blog/house-price-crash-hpc-website-mentality/

The cartoon:

ownmindhpc.jpg

Who drew this? You could swap the names in this and have an equally relevant cartoon or indeed apply it to any debate where someone goes against the group think.

11 minutes ago, longgone said:

To be fair they do have a point i have lost hundreds of thousands not buying a house 

its always best to go with gut instinct and don`t listen to those who think they know best ;) 

Agreed if I had listened to the financial gurus here when I bought I would have paid a fortune in rent for no good reason. 

42 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Yeah, f#ck you Charlie 🙂 I hope you feel the metaphorical stones as they are lobbed hard at your metaphorical body when your BTL gets bought at auction for a 90% discount.

Or 95%, don't mind really.

Edit. Just seen it's dated 2007. Maybe it'll be this decade I'm right 😂

2007 eh? When did Hamish go?

37 minutes ago, richmondtw said:

Agreed if I had listened to the financial gurus here when I bought I would have paid a fortune in rent for no good reason. 

For most of the 10+ years I was renting I was receiving more interest on the money that would have otherwise been tied up in a house than I was paying out in rent. Twice as much in some years!

4 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

For most of the 10+ years I was renting I was receiving more interest on the money that would have otherwise been tied up in a house than I was paying out in rent. Twice as much in some years!

Pre FLS of course no gain after that.  i sold my flat and mother sold house back in 2006 we were getting 7k a month interest before tax !

2 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Actually no, thanks to fixed rate accounts :).

yes but after FLS it turned to chit you bought a bit of insurance for a while, did that insurance though out weigh the loss by not buying earlier is the question ;) 

Interesting to see what they think, not that surprised as most people dont like contrarians.  People no longer listen to an alternative argument, they just hear a dissenting voice and dont like it.  Much better to jump on the bandwagon and cheer with the crowd.  

1 minute ago, satsuma said:

Interesting to see what they think, not that surprised as most people dont like contrarians.  People no longer listen to an alternative argument, they just hear a dissenting voice and dont like it. 

Same as on this forum very often :) 

1 minute ago, longgone said:

yes but after FLS it turned to chit you bought a bit of insurance for a while, did that insurance though out weigh the loss by not buying earlier is the question ;) 

Not just FLS.

I had some 4 or 5 year fixed term accounts which helped a lot but it was HTB and Stamp duty changes that were the final nail in the coffin. For the last couple of years before I bought, lower IRs, HTB and stamp duty changes reversed the situation and I lost about 25% of my accrued gains from previous years. Although still well in pocket over the 10 year renting period, which in retrospect should have been 8.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, longgone said:

It's like any single topic focus website in so far as it will come across as a bit tin foil hat/obsessive. Unfortunately they have enough racist/sexist users & toothless mods that sometimes It's like you've stumbled onto an alt right site! Slight incel vibes too! (Lots of posters rant about not being able to afford to buy & link that to their lack of a partner/family). 

🤔

😤

🤣

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein
5 minutes ago, satsuma said:

Interesting to see what they think, not that surprised as most people dont like contrarians.  People no longer listen to an alternative argument, they just hear a dissenting voice and dont like it.  Much better to jump on the bandwagon and cheer with the crowd.  

As they did on Thursday evenings.