House Price Crash Forum

Peter Schiff | Endgame for the Dollar ('Everyone's going to get WIPED OUT!')

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To summarise: Buy footwear, because we're all going to lose the soles to our shoes and be walking bare footed shortly.

Precious metal mining stocks and a warehouse full of food is where your money needs to be.

There you go, you've just saved 36 minutes of your life!

12 minutes ago, Blink said:

To summarise: Buy footwear, because we're all going to lose the soles to our shoes and be walking bare footed shortly.

Precious metal mining stocks and a warehouse full of food is where your money needs to be.

There you go, you've just saved 36 minutes of your life!

Laugh all you want but you need to take steps to protect yourself before the the proverbial hits the fan.

Can't say you weren't warned.

1 minute ago, Warlord said:

Laugh all you want but you need to take steps to protect yourself before the the proverbial hits the fan.

Trust me, im far from laughing.

I actually agree with a lot what was said.

2 minutes ago, Blink said:

Trust me, im far from laughing.

I actually agree with a lot what was said.

Maybe I misread your sarcasm. I'm pleased to hear you're also concerned. Most of this goes over people's heads... even on here. Plenty of p*ss takers..

So those heavily into PM have an vested interest in promoting PM......or whatever they think they would like to do well....think of Brexit, say it enough and the people will believe it......look and read  but do not necessarily follow....😉

6 minutes ago, Warlord said:

Maybe I misread your sarcasm. I'm pleased to hear you're also concerned. Most of this goes over people's heads... even on here. Plenty of p*ss takers..

I agree with what he says. The only problem is he’s been saying the same thing for decades. 

Just now, Odysseus said:

I agree with what he says. The only problem is he’s been saying the same thing for decades. 

He addresses that point in the video. He said he underestimated their ability to  keep the show on the road after 2008 but now, they wont be so lucky.

5 minutes ago, Sausage said:

I cant watch at the mo as at work - but if the dollar falls, and GBP too ... which currencies will strengthen?

Bookmark!

We're all in the sh*t really.

I have no idea..

18 minutes ago, Sausage said:

I cant watch at the mo as at work - but if the dollar falls, and GBP too ... which currencies will strengthen?

He supports emerging markets, as $ debts will be eroded by the collapse of that currency.

He does have a VI, so you do need to factor that in.

1 hour ago, Warlord said:

People like you have been warning us for decades. One day by luck your message might align with reality but during the interim if you'd "protected yourself" you'd have lost out massively.

1 hour ago, Odysseus said:

Yes, I sometimes feel like that about my own views/predictions. I can be right on something for a very long time before the market actually proves it.

6 minutes ago, winkie said:

All relative though, everyone wiped out......all will then be on a level playing field.;)

Not quite, as it would really be a debt wipe out. 

Mortgage holders might sit pretty.

1 hour ago, locky82 said:

Luckly we cam buy into his one of his five funds. 

Im not saying it cant happen, but weve had a small taste and its toilet roll and pasta you need to hold not pm's

You don't need to buy his funds... you can buy GDX orr others if you want. that does the same thing and will protect you

Schiff doesn't manage that much money in the grand scheme of things Part of the problem is that nobody tends to foresee the dire situation .

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, longgone said:

dollar is not the £ and there is not 30m unemployed 

Wait a few months on that one (unemployment).

We have similar levels of debt/deficits as the US and we're doing the same cr*p like QE, ZIRP etc.  It's very similar IMO

Edited by Warlord
2 minutes ago, Warlord said:

You don't need to buy his funds... you can buy GDX orr others if you want. that does the same thing and will protect you

Schiff doesn't manage that much money in the grand scheme of things Part of the problem is that nobody tends to foresee the dire situation .

The only way to make money is to be ahead of the curve, when few first see the opportunity. 

However, what curve is the opportunity, and what curve is the demise, that's the difficult part.

The pauper tends not to broadcast their failures.

2 minutes ago, Warlord said:

Wait a few months on that one (unemployment).

We have similar levels of debt/deficits as the US and we're doing the same cr*p like QE, ZIRP etc.  It's very similar IMO

we are not going to have 30m unemployed. you will have job creation going on more non jobs and quiet debt destruction going on clever accounting. 

after all it is all fairy tale stuff, do you actually believe there is a economic end game ?

2 minutes ago, longgone said:

we are not going to have 30m unemployed. you will have job creation going on more non jobs and quiet debt destruction going on clever accounting. 

after all it is all fairy tale stuff, do you actually believe there is a economic end game ?

We will have millions unemployed, similar %'s . The US is a larger country.

I do believe the situation will be dire an unprecedented here.

3 minutes ago, Warlord said:

We will have millions unemployed, similar %'s . The US is a larger country.

I do believe the situation will be dire an unprecedented here.

The only unemployed that will matter are the ones that will lose their homes if they do not continue paying their debts. no doubt furlough will be extended will those there were unemployed before march still continue to be treated like 2nd class citizens  when the rest just get furlough continually ?

Just now, longgone said:

The only unemployed that will matter are the ones that will lose their homes if they do not continue paying their debts. no doubt furlough will be extended will those there were unemployed before march still continue to be treated like 2nd class citizens  when the rest just get furlough continually ?

They can't extend furlough it's too costly. All these people will be on JSA (70 quid)