House Price Crash Forum

The Populist Party U-Turns - A Complete List Of 8 Months Incompetence

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, byron78 said:

That Boris stuck on the zipline thing was deliberate as well. Paid to get left up there (allegedly). Why? Photo op, and far better to play the clown than have to actually govern (London riots, money wasted on bridges/water cannons, and a secretary paid to sleep him for starters).

He's a journalist with decades of experience at heart. Knows exactly how to play the media and the proles.

I *think* this government's core support are probably too stupid and stubborn to admit they're being conned.

As was Mussolini before him.

15 hours ago, Chunketh said:

Not in my 46 year memory. There have been some corkers for sure, but the sheer level of incompetent, fu**witted ineptness must surely hit a high bar.

This is because most of the MPs from which Ministers are selected are basically people who couldn't  cut it elsewhere (with the exception of scammy business types).

The pay of MPs is actually very low for the overall level of responsibility.  I was earning far more than MP aged 26/27 in my second job.

3 hours ago, byron78 said:

That Boris stuck on the zipline thing was deliberate as well. Paid to get left up there (allegedly). Why? Photo op, and far better to play the clown than have to actually govern (London riots, money wasted on bridges/water cannons, and a secretary paid to sleep him for starters).

He's a journalist with decades of experience at heart. Knows exactly how to play the media and the proles.

I *think* this government's core support are probably too stupid and stubborn to admit they're being conned.

You obviously don’t read the Telegraph or Mail comments section. They have turned from adoring adulation in December to complete hatred now. They (and I include myself, as I voted for Boris) absolutely despise the ***** now as he has completely betrayed them by being a stupid incompetent liberal who has sprayed money up the wall for no good reason. They loathe him.

Edited by HovelinHove
1 hour ago, HovelinHove said:

You obviously don’t read the Telegraph or Mail comments section. They have turned from adoring adulation in December to complete hatred now. They (and I include myself, as I voted for Boris) absolutely despise the ***** now as he has completely betrayed them by being a stupid incompetent liberal who has sprayed money up the wall for no good reason. They loathe him.

Good stuff. Once society starts to disintegrate they'll be ousted pretty sharpish. They'll have to bail everyone out again in the winter.

5 hours ago, byron78 said:

Up until 2020 such stunts got him attention but did him no harm certainly.  From 2020 onwards such pictures are now a massive liability to him and his party if they keep him.  His core support are probably too frightened at the moment still to consider being conned.

Back to the thread title - I wouldnt call this gov populist but just plain panicing and trying to cover it up.

What's even worse is the MSM are covering accusations abuses of democratic power in Belarus right now, but not even a murmur about whats happening here.

Edited by nightowl
2 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

This is because most of the MPs from which Ministers are selected are basically people who couldn't  cut it elsewhere (with the exception of scammy business types).

The pay of MPs is actually very low for the overall level of responsibility.  I was earning far more than MP aged 26/27 in my second job.

There are some decent ones around but this government has been elected by the people, then selected by Cummings and Boris based on a single issue. Ability to lie about brexit being good for the country.

This is what happens when you elect liars. Eventually you have to live with the consequences. 

I had a happy heart when Boris was finally in power, it meant he could no sit on the side lying about how easy everything would be if only he was in charge.

Well now Boris, here you are you complete sack of lying .....

2 hours ago, HovelinHove said:

The Right Wing press have no problem with BoJo being a liberal - if he could win an election they'd support him to be on the winning side. Same with the knives in the back of Thatcher.

Right now, I wish Corbyn was still Labour Leader - no chance of him winning and this sh*t show stays in the Tory corner. 

10 hours ago, winkie said:

in the workplace private sector they would have lost their job or been demoted or leave on their own accord.... especially when their poor actions and decisions have an affect so many others........😉

Edited by mspL4
Duplicate post

in the workplace private sector they would have lost their job or been demoted or leave on their own accord.... especially when their poor actions and decisions have an affect so many others........😉

Edited by mspL4
Duplicate post

Edited by mspL4
Duplicate post

True, and in the workplace Public Sector they would be promoted and would pick up a raise as well. The Public sector rewards failure because nobody wants to have to answer the difficult questions asked of why someone completely inept has been promoted to their level of incompetence 'cos all that does is reflect badly on those doing the promoting. Everyone's just there to watch their own backs & grab what they can. If people spent a fraction of their time & effort actually doing the job they're paid to do rather than covering for themselves & their contemporaries/subordinates we'd have one of the most efficient, cost-effective Public Sectors in the World but alas Senior Managers love incompetent Middle Managers.

21 hours ago, Roman Roady said:

I have posted before that we are being governed by barely competent managers not leaders.

I think calling them 'barely competent' is a bit of a stretch. I don't see much evidence of competence in government anywhere in the West.

And you're right: they grew up in easy times and used government to give themselves power and wealth. And they have absolutely no idea how to deal with problems.

On 19/08/2020 at 07:21, winkie said:

Why do so many take on a job they are not good at doing, make a hash of it and pass the buck/blame to others when the buck stops at them......there are some perfectly competent politicians and some perfectly incompetent politicians on both sides....in the workplace private sector they would have lost their job or been demoted or leave on their own accord.... especially when their poor actions and decisions have an affect so many others....... they will have lost the respect of the public and as the face of the company, put the company in a bad light.......good bosses have good and competent people around them.😉

You obviously haven’t worked in a big corporation recently. Not much difference there. Incompetence is equally rewarded.

So you can add some stuff from today's headline:

No legal tender to people who have been working for Gove and Cummings for years

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2020/aug/20/firm-linked-to-gove-and-cummings-hired-to-work-with-ofqual-on-a-levels

_________

Our secretary of trade Liz Truss who reclassifies attending an event by a brexit think tank as "personal"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/aug/20/liz-truss-meetings-with-hard-brexit-group-deleted-from-public-register

2 hours ago, Riedquat said:

Tell me, when you complain about a U-turn were you also complaining about the original policy or approach? Are you determined to stick with "damned if they do, damned if they don't"?

Quite, and strip out the once in a century pandemic and all the massive knock on impacts of this and what have we got?

A lot of people decrying the current govt should beware the silent majority. Boris has successfully landed on the right side of public opinion more often than his hero. 

58 minutes ago, Unmoderated said:

Quite, and strip out the once in a century pandemic and all the massive knock on impacts of this and what have we got?

A lot of people decrying the current govt should beware the silent majority. Boris has successfully landed on the right side of public opinion more often than his hero. 

No Boris has flipped flopped to the 'right side of public opinion' as soon as his paymasters let him

3 hours ago, Riedquat said:

Tell me, when you complain about a U-turn were you also complaining about the original policy or approach? Are you determined to stick with "damned if they do, damned if they don't"?

It's about how they govern. They have a hard on approach, but they are failing. 

All the examples are about how they want to be "world class", the "best" yadda yadda. Lying, no taking any responsibility. This is who they are. Previous government would have sacked a few of those. Chris Greyling apart, this guy is a mystery how is sheer incompetency is not his downfall but apparently is saving grace. 

They try to stick to their guns, to show "strength", but in the end everyone just see incompetence. 

Do you approve how they govern, and the quality of it?

6 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

Absolute corruption of the basest order. 

The only people greedier and more stupid than this disordered phalanx of nincompoops are the citizens who continue to vote for them.

Cream floats to the top but there again so does scum!

47 minutes ago, Freki said:

It's about how they govern. They have a hard on approach, but they are failing. 

All the examples are about how they want to be "world class", the "best" yadda yadda. Lying, no taking any responsibility. This is who they are. Previous government would have sacked a few of those. Chris Greyling apart, this guy is a mystery how is sheer incompetency is not his downfall but apparently is saving grace. 

They try to stick to their guns, to show "strength", but in the end everyone just see incompetence. 

Do you approve how they govern, and the quality of it?

What's that got to do with U-turns?

Best is getting things right in the first place.

Second best is getting things wrong but correcting them.

Worst is getting things wrong and sticking to it.

The people complaining about u-turns encourage moving from the middle to the worst. Tragically these people appear to regard the middle position as worse, as a bigger sign of "incompetence" than the one below it.

(of course there's a continuum, and overlaps, in reality).

As for how well they govern, a different situation than u-turns, and to be honest I've had a pretty dim opinion on how well anyone's governed for years so I've become too cynical to really bother putting much effort in to really condemning or lauding them. I've little faith left in governments or populations.

2 hours ago, Unmoderated said:

LOL. No. 

He follows public opinion because he more than often gets it wrong the first time and public pressure forces him to change tack. 

He and his government are nothing more than populists and nodding-dog yes men. 

Edited by Postman