House Price Crash Forum

Where have all the new listings gone?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
13 minutes ago, Sausage said:

Anyone with a saved search on Rightmove notice how quiet it's gone this week? EAs too busy closing deals to list new properties?

They're not being turned into rentals because my rental search is zero hits too. Very strange.

What postcode are you looking at?

HOLA444
HOLA445

I did notice this too. My daily digest email from RM covers a vast drawn search area of Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, and a bit of Yorkshire. 

It has got noticeably quieter and those houses that are listing seem to be exclusively old-new builds these days. More annoyingly one of the houses that i did view and got the impression from owner and EA that there wasn't a great deal of interest is now SSTC a week after I saw it. 

Maybe this faux-boom has a little more life left in it. 

HOLA446
33 minutes ago, Sausage said:

Coastal west Sussex (BN)

Ah, exactly my search area too (Chi harbour up to Emsworth?). Absolutely zilch on lettings, which is very odd. A smattering of for sales.

Compared to my current location (Isle of Wight) where it feels like every other house on my street has gone on the market this month and achieved SSTC.

HOLA447
1 minute ago, RentingForever said:

Ah, exactly my search area too (Chi harbour up to Emsworth?). Absolutely zilch on lettings, which is very odd. A smattering of for sales.

Compared to my current location (Isle of Wight) where it feels like every other house on my street has gone on the market this month and achieved SSTC.

I'm the opposite end of west Sussex... At least we're not outbidding each other!

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Sw london anything under 500k even flats are moving fast. 

700k houses are also moving.. 

Above that level just seem to sit there. Although to be fair if you are spending that cash you wouldn't rush. 

World hasn't gone totally insane. 800k plus boxes in battersea still available.. 

HOLA4413
1 minute ago, captainb said:

Sw london anything under 500k even flats are moving fast. 

700k houses are also moving.. 

Above that level just seem to sit there. Although to be fair if you are spending that cash you wouldn't rush. 

World hasn't gone totally insane. 800k plus boxes in battersea still available.. 

a semi d on my daily walk has sold. looks like probate. needs a lot of work . asking price was 1.3m. sale agreed in 3 weeks from board going up

SW London 

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
13 hours ago, qejunkie said:

Where? 

Just spoke to a work colleague, he had his house up for sale before lockdown, during and toward the end of lockdown the agent was pleading with him to get it sold. The agent was saying there's going to be a crash, get it sold. He's now taken it off the market and the agent is pleading with him to get it back as he has buyers cued up! Crazy times.

HOLA4418
23 hours ago, sammersmith said:

I did notice this too. My daily digest email from RM covers a vast drawn search area of Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, and a bit of Yorkshire. 

It has got noticeably quieter and those houses that are listing seem to be exclusively old-new builds these days. More annoyingly one of the houses that i did view and got the impression from owner and EA that there wasn't a great deal of interest is now SSTC a week after I saw it. 

Maybe this faux-boom has a little more life left in it. 

This...a lot of ssts will need to see if completed to judge if new highs.

But a lot of dregs sstc.  

There are still a good number of properties so overpriced that they are in danger of missing this boomlet.  How mad they must be worth 400 after Rishi ramping getting 450/475 atm .... nah I want 525

Edited by Fromage Frais

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
6 hours ago, gruffydd said:

I noticed huge increase in listings in places like Lewes - which is usually very short of new listings - perhaps 5 to 6 times the pre-COVID levels. 

tiny 2bed 2up2down with front door on public street-pavement, no front garden and straight into living room which also contains the stairs, no hall  - all that for ... 645k ??? up from 150k in 2001.

Not even seaside. Just why?

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-80473531.html

HOLA4421
50 minutes ago, ebull said:

tiny 2bed 2up2down with front door on public street-pavement, no front garden and straight into living room which also contains the stairs, no hall  - all that for ... 645k ??? up from 150k in 2001.

Not even seaside. Just why?

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-80473531.html

good question - very low crime perhaps - it feels safe and away from things. 

and virtually impossible to get in Lewes until a couple of weeks ago - now looks like lots trying to get out for the first time in many years. 

HOLA4422