House Price Crash Forum

Digital coronavirus passports

HOLA441

Report calls for 'digital coronavirus passports' to help open up the economy and beat travel curbs

Holders could scan a QR code to enter restaurants and sports venues, allowing businesses to reduce social distancing requirements

".....backed by former Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt.........Under the proposals, people would be tested as often as every two weeks for coronavirus and keep their results in a app on their phone.....The report from the Tony Blair Institute for Global Change advocates for the implementation"

HOLA442
HOLA443

The Tony Blair institute for Global Change? 

Is that like the Kim Jong-Un institute for liberty and against dictatorships?

Or the Stalin institute for airbnb summer camps in Siberia?

What next - internment camps for those who test positive like his prodigy Jacinda?

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
35 minutes ago, Shrink Proof said:

Exactly what the "ID cards are for your own good you know" brigade have been demanding for years. Funnily enough, one T Blair is one of their more vocal members...

Unfortunately he was just too early - they'll happen (or something similar), as more and more people fail to even understand why it's even a problem, living with every aspect of their lives being public knowledge anyway and seemingly actually liking being tagged, labelled, and branded.

HOLA448
HOLA449

maybe if we could implant a chip which is updateable on the fly with credit information when you pass a shop door threshold they could read your income status and availble credit so could offer you good to purchase, sales assistants could direct you to the goods most likely to purchase based apon debt levels.

we need a social credit system here 

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
21 hours ago, Orb said:

That's me locked down eternally then, as I don't have a smartphone. 

You will be given one for free.

11 hours ago, Locke said:

Why not just chip everyone and be done with it?

We could rename our cities to Birkenau II or Auschwitz IV.

Quantum dot tattoo.

15 hours ago, qejunkie said:

Clown world. 

7 minutes ago, RentingForever said:

I’m on the Isle of Wight where they’ve just released the new track-and-trace app for us to download and play with. It includes the ability to scan in an “NHS QR code” to be put up in the doorways of “participating businesses”. 

Yes. Perhaps eventually you're ability to buy or sell will be determined by your COVID status and eventually vaccination status. A bit like Revelation 13:17 I guess.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
On 8/17/2020 at 1:25 AM, MARTINX9 said:

The Tony Blair institute for Global Change? 

Is that like the Kim Jong-Un institute for liberty and against dictatorships?

Or the Stalin institute for airbnb summer camps in Siberia?

What next - internment camps for those who test positive like his prodigy Jacinda?

Well, the Lenin Institute for Sudden Change in the Russian Empire would still have been about change and be accurately named, just perhaps not popular in 1917 with tsars.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
On 8/17/2020 at 10:03 AM, Shrink Proof said:

Exactly what the "ID cards are for your own good you know" brigade have been demanding for years. Funnily enough, one T Blair is one of their more vocal members...

The Conservatives have proposed them too at various points (1990s, I think). Last time it was David Davies that campaigned against it, although I think that was from opposition at the time. Of course there have been calls for them for immigrants to the UK.

One of my objections against them is that it would probably be an utter fiasco of failures and IT disasters and cost at least eleventy times more than promised.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
1 hour ago, NobodyInParticular said:

I am sure there are some people who would like their spouse implanted with one and scanned on entering the pub not just to check COVID status :)

The technology could be expanded to observe class structure breeding and financial merit for seating arrangements in the pub if you are a rowdy sort and have a history of fairy tale conversations you get consigned to the table by the toilets and get served from the special drip tray tap from the dregs left by those who have 100% social credit ratings.  

HOLA4418