House Price Crash Forum

North West Asking Prices

jon

HOLA441

Very Usefull site! I'm also amazed at the number of negatives. If you look at the trend in land registry figures things still look slightly upwards round my area of interest. So maybe its just EA's suggesting lower prices so they can sell faster rather than twiddle their thumbs, and the property sells for about the same price anyway.

By the way Jon, I hope you don't keep the search querys, as you'll be able to tell where everyone comes from on the HPC

GrimUpNorth

No I don't keep the search queries.

Next update Wednesday-ish.

Jon

HOLA442

I'm amazed at the greed of some people.

This one was on sale for moths before Christmas at £155K. It was allegedly sold subject to contract a couple of months ago. I think the sale must have fallen through, as it's back on at £162K (!!!!) with the same vendor and the same pictures.

http://search2.estate-software.co.uk/detai...rtyid=464369751

WTF is going on? This house couldn't sell for moths before, so raise the price by £7K ?

If this sells, I'm out of this country.......

HOLA443
HOLA444

Nah it aint, ive been monitoring houses, a lot have gone down. Some have two and three agents and flats have deffo fallen in value.

I'm amazed at the greed of some people.

This one was on sale for moths before Christmas at £155K. It was allegedly sold subject to contract a couple of months ago. I think the sale must have fallen through, as it's back on at £162K (!!!!) with the same vendor and the same pictures.

http://search2.estate-software.co.uk/detai...rtyid=464369751

WTF is going on? This house couldn't sell for moths before, so raise the price by £7K ?

If this sells, I'm out of this country.......

Waaaay overpriced for paper walls and half of a house

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

You about Jon? I'm just itching to see the reductions this month.

T&T

Sorry, been busy last week or two. Just running the business now, will be updated in a few hours.

Jon

Edit : Done!

Edited by jon

HOLA449

BTL still seems to be holding things up, unfortunately.

Friend of mine has just sold a 2 bed Semi in a not so great area of Burnley for over £100K, to a BTL'er.

Can't see them acheving a great yield on that price, but still they buy.

Getting slightly depressed about this whole thing. I want to trade up, but I just can't see value for money in any property I look at.

• 4 weeks later...
HOLA4410
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Give yourself a slap and seek mental treatment.

Where and what are you thinking of buying and please don't say a luxury 2 bed flat.

GrimUpNorth

Yeah, I currently rent on Whitworth Street.

I know it's a bit insane but it's really handy for me. Just to explain I use a wheelchair and having everything so close is really useful. Plus I'd have no chance keeping a house clean and tidy on my own. A flat is the right size!

I know it's mad.

HOLA4414

Yeah, I currently rent on Whitworth Street.

I know it's a bit insane but it's really handy for me. Just to explain I use a wheelchair and having everything so close is really useful. Plus I'd have no chance keeping a house clean and tidy on my own. A flat is the right size!

I know it's mad.

Rent a housing association flat at half the market rent, a friend of mine does this and lives just above O'Sheas and I should imagine disability will help speed you through the waiting list. To buy now would be to throw at least 30k away IMO. Rents have come down but they seem to be sticking at about 550/month minimum (bearing in mind most landlords will be paying upto 100 a month service charge), I pay 400 near there, so theres always room to haggle. Renting is the only way to go around here, remember if you buy: theres a service charge, a rent guarantee (which will apply to most of your BTL neighbours) only lasts two years, and the fact that so many flats are currently empty!

PM me if you need a cleaner (20 an hour, reliable people).

GrimUpNorth

Edited by GrimUpNorth

HOLA4415

I know someone who lived in India house on whitworth street - was a tiny flat but for just him it was great - strange room break up though cos of old style building.

By me the max price on the road new moston border has just hit a new high I think - am waiting for land reg figures but the guy reckons he's got what he wanted for it - not sure if it was on for 124k or 119k.

HOLA4416

I know someone who lived in India house on whitworth street - was a tiny flat but for just him it was great - strange room break up though cos of old style building.

By me the max price on the road new moston border has just hit a new high I think - am waiting for land reg figures but the guy reckons he's got what he wanted for it - not sure if it was on for 124k or 119k.

Just spoke to people in the know, India House is impossible for wheelchair access, as are most of the association flats in the city (could start a whole new thread on this, as legally they have to provide access even if it is through the car park).

Moston, ouch, stayed there for a week cat sitting, full of overweight people (not American), mind you, the barmaid in the lycra with fat rolling provocatively.... on the triangle made my day. New Moston = Moston Lite?

Anything over 100k round there must be madness. Don't often go north of the city, but the flat/business development over the past few years is staggering.

By the way apparently the BBC are not relocating here (Observer today) because of money problems, so thats a thousand less renters for the BTLs

GrimUpNorth

HOLA4417

Thanks for looking into it but I'm relatively happy where I am. It isn't particularly about saving money, more about disliking renting and wanting to have a home with decent furniture and stuff.

My current flat runs out in November so I'm in no rush and if the right place at the right price doesn't turn up I will just continue here I think.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4418
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA4419

Just plotted the last fifty Land registry prices for lancaster house in Manchester city center (sorry no title don't want to get caught by the boss)

post-4505-1149606637.gif

So up 5k over the last 2 years.

Lancaster house..nice place...I looked at a few in the Lancaster 80 building a year ago, all 1 beds + beddeck. nice flats. nice location. Lived in quite a few places in the city centre over the years, but recently moved up to west didsbury and have grown to love it up here. Unfortunatley the price are ridiculous, and all the decent 'old' larger properties are getting snapped up and converted into studios and 1 beds. Shame. Turning it into studentsville. If you were to invest in a city centre property, my advice would be purchase in a building close to a well developed area, i.e near deansgate or canal street. I think theyre's a ring of apartment blocks, mainly situated to the north, which will crash in price if the outlook deteriorates or demand shifts.

p.s. Great little site mate (nwaskingprices)...the valuers in work will find it handy. One question, the drop in asking prices..is that the original asking price against the sold price or whaT? chhers.

HOLA4420

Site updated today. About another 800 properties more in my search radius in the last week, and 770 reductions in asking price found.

Totals - about 6,500 more properties than mid November 2005, and 11,000 asking price reductions.

Jon

Jon

Is there any chance you're able to update your excellent website (www.nwhouseprices.co.uk) - it would be interesting to see the recent changes in asking prices?

FWIW, in my area, I am seeing a lot of completed sales and prices seem to be holding up if not actually increasing. It would be interesting to see how other areas eg City Centre, Hulme etc are faring particulalry resale of new build flats and your web site allowed me to see price reductions for given roads etc.

I appreciate that you might be busy or there might be other problems so apologies if it's not possible

Many Thanks

Regards

M21er

HOLA4421

Jon

Is there any chance you're able to update your excellent website (www.nwhouseprices.co.uk) - it would be interesting to see the recent changes in asking prices?

FWIW, in my area, I am seeing a lot of completed sales and prices seem to be holding up if not actually increasing. It would be interesting to see how other areas eg City Centre, Hulme etc are faring particulalry resale of new build flats and your web site allowed me to see price reductions for given roads etc.

I appreciate that you might be busy or there might be other problems so apologies if it's not possible

Many Thanks

Regards

M21er

M21er, from my personal experience im seeing manchester as a mixed bag. Through my job I get a chance to speak to a lot of people in the process of selling their property, as well as local developers, and I'd have to say that the south is showing a lot of resistance. People are having to leave their properties on the market for quite a while, but there are a lot of buyers waiting to jump in, this is keeping the values up unfortunatley. As for the city centre, i think its becoming more and more apparent that its suffering. BTL yeilds are getting squeezed and we're seeing more an d more auctions of BTL properties. A freind of mine just negotiated a 20k discount on a 2 bed flat in the city centre. Having checked on nethouseprices the seller didnt make a penny in two years of holding it. A think what nwhouseprices illustrates is how greedy EA's dupe their customers with 'aspirational pricing' to attract business.

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA4422

Feeling more heartened by the massive amount of reductions and no-chains in the Friday LEP property supplement.

5K off - just another 55 to go before it's worth it......

http://www.fish4.co.uk/iad/homes/advert?adId=8871130

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-118...=5&tr_t=buy

FFS - can't sell it, so move to a different agent and put the price up 5k! It was reduced 5K in May, after failing to sell for about 2 years at 180K. Some people really are ferking stupid!!!! :angry:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-482...=1&tr_t=buy

Edited by dpg50000