House Price Crash Forum
jon

North West Asking Prices

Here's a site for looking up changes to asking prices in Cheshire and surrounding areas :

NorthWest asking prices

off to bed ....

Spot on Jon!!!!

Why cant you put postcodes in though?

Thought maybe L19 or CH63 would make the search a little better. None the less saves shitloads of time :)

Thanks for your time!!

TB

Spot on Jon!!!!

Why cant you put postcodes in though?

Address data comes from RightMove, so if the postcode is provided you can search on it. The site looks a bit poo as I was never a master of style over content :)

One thing I noticed was the number of vendors putting the asking price back up at the beginning of the year, I guess assuming that there would be new visitors on RM who hadn't seen the property previously, only having to drop the asking price again due to lack of interest. This may account for the "Houses go up £2k in one week" at the start of the year ...

I'll update it weekly anyway

Jon

Bit of a bump for this great site.

A request too, if it's possible. Would you be able to put the "last updated" date on the front page?

T&T

Will do.

Am in bed with flu (proper influenza too, not just a cold) at the moment, will get an update done this week.

Any web designers fancy giving the site a facelift ?

Jon

Bump.

Site updated ... some stats :

Over 9,600 separate reductions in asking price since September last year. No. of properties for sale on RM in my 20 mile radius has gone up 6,500 since mid. November 2005.

Jon

Source : www.rigtmove.co.uk

Bump.

Site updated ... some stats :

Over 9,600 separate reductions in asking price since September last year. No. of properties for sale on RM in my 20 mile radius has gone up 6,500 since mid. November 2005.

Jon

Source : www.rigtmove.co.uk

Jon been saying this on the main site - I am seeing number of properties for sale RISING ALL THE TIME. This supply and demand arguement is b0llox!!!

Flying off shelves???? MY A®SE!!!

TB

Bump (again - apologies to any non-NW folk).

About another 600 reductions in the last 5 days : nwhouseprices

Come on guys ... there must be one in there that takes your fancy. There's never been a better time to buy. Don't miss the boat, prices only ever go up (apart from the ones with minus signs in front of them).

Jon

Apartment 1/4 Sportcity,The Waterfront,Sport City,Manchester,Lancashire

115950 99950 -16000 -13.8(%)

Ha ...wasn't this supposed to be one of the big popular developments in Manchester -13.8% decrease :lol:

Jon this is very, very good information.

Well done for the excellent work you are putting in. :D

You need to thank my computer. I just push the "go" button, and it all happens by magic ... :D

Will do.

Am in bed with flu (proper influenza too, not just a cold) at the moment, will get an update done this week.

Any web designers fancy giving the site a facelift ?

Jon

Ill redesign it for you Certified Internet Webmaster and good at design.

Ill redesign it for you Certified Internet Webmaster and good at design.

Hi George ... sent you a PM

Cheers

Jon

Site updated today. About another 800 properties more in my search radius in the last week, and 770 reductions in asking price found.

Totals - about 6,500 more properties than mid November 2005, and 11,000 asking price reductions.

Jon

Need... my... weekly....... fix.... please! :blink:

T&T

Ask, and you shall receive.

Sometimes.

Site updated ... over 900 new properties in the last 8 days, and over 980 price reductions.

Jon

Thanks Jon. Nice graphs in the main forum too.

The trends are looking promising, especially the amount of property coming to the market at what seem to be less aspirational prices - i.e. closer to actual solds.

T&T

Hi Jon - thanks for your good work on the site. Graphs would be valuable for this kinda trend data. I'm surprised how many negative number show, but I guess it's very specific location dependent.

Neil

Very Usefull site! I'm also amazed at the number of negatives. If you look at the trend in land registry figures things still look slightly upwards round my area of interest. So maybe its just EA's suggesting lower prices so they can sell faster rather than twiddle their thumbs, and the property sells for about the same price anyway.

By the way Jon, I hope you don't keep the search querys, as you'll be able to tell where everyone comes from on the HPC

GrimUpNorth