Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

A Level results based on house prices


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, longgone said:

?

Frankenstein finest range products 

The advantage of Waitrose is the same as an expensive bar. It prices out the riffraff so it's very pleasant to go there. But it's still the same products.

I don't shop in waitrose btw.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to love the daily mash - 

“Luckily my chartered accountant parents really pulled something out of the bag by having a massive conservatory and regular skiing holidays. I’m a genius???

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thankfully an A level result will not make that much different to how a  life pans out to be.....all of us are better than a test result, or what might have been a true result.......none of the best employers will judge an individual on what others judge as true......they make their own judgements, using their own tests......?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MarkD said:

Got to love the daily mash - 

“Luckily my chartered accountant parents really pulled something out of the bag by having a massive conservatory and regular skiing holidays. I’m a genius???

Love how they think being a chartered accountant will pay for that lifestyle these days. Partner in a firm, FD? Maybe. Simply "chartered accountant"? Nope, one of the many middle class professions which has been gradually eroded over the years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, longgone said:

?

Frankenstein finest range products 

I suspect that is a puff piece for Aldi, placed by a PR.

Might be true in some areas, but not all. Such articles are a way of keeping the poor from the more high-end shops.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Si1 said:

The advantage of Waitrose is the same as an expensive bar. It prices out the riffraff so it's very pleasant to go there. But it's still the same products.

I don't shop in waitrose btw.

Trouble is they are setup for customers That can't cook same as m&s. Pre packed rubbish rows of ready meals and cakes. I go in all supermarkets When I can be bothered I Dont favour one over the other they are all the same to me most food gets delivered here.

No supermarket Sells good beef for starters our local butcher has dark dried hanged beef and that's what you need for a decent steak as a  basic meal minimal cooking skill.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, winkie said:

Thankfully an A level result will not make that much different to how a  life pans out to be.....all of us are better than a test result, or what might have been a true result.......none of the best employers will judge an individual on what others judge as true......they make their own judgements, using their own tests......?

You say that, but if an A-Level gets you into a top University, that is definitely a passport for life.

Saying otherwise is like the Mirror PR article saying that Waitrose sell the same food as Aldi for 3 x the price. It isn't actually true, but keeps the plebs content. It is like pretending Mathias Rose is on par with a decent Bordeaux Grand Cru.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Si1 said:

The advantage of Waitrose is the same as an expensive bar. It prices out the riffraff so it's very pleasant to go there. But it's still the same products.

I don't shop in waitrose btw.

Waitrose is good......shop there knowingly will pay extra for special, extra bells and whistles...... sometimes there are good reasons why would shop there, other than that leave it to those that don't need to look at a price tag before they put it in the basket.......they buy it because they fancy it, like it, want it or makes them feel good being there.?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, longgone said:

Trouble is they are setup for customers That can't cook same as m&s. 

I saw an online recipe on the waitrose website which had specifically waitrose branded spices and flavours, pastes etc. In it.

Clearly if you half know what you're doing, you can substitute for ingredients you can't get hold of. That's half of what decent cooking consists of, understanding your ingredients.

In the comments section of the recipe were moans from waitrose customers claiming they couldn't possibly make this meal now that certain ingredients weren't currently available at their local branch. Eejits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Si1 said:

The advantage of Waitrose is the same as an expensive bar. It prices out the riffraff so it's very pleasant to go there. But it's still the same products.

I don't shop in waitrose btw.

It isn't the same products if you check. 

The Aldi Story was either a shipping or labelling error or a plant. Defiantly pushed by Aldi PR.

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

It isn't the same product if you check.

A fair number of the basics are. I know they'll have higher end stuff that nobody else bar possibly Sainsbury's or M&S will have.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

I suspect that is a puff piece for Aldi, placed by a PR.

Might be true in some areas, but not all. Such articles are a way of keeping the poor from the more high-end shops.

Lol maybe.

The local waitrose is full of old boomers scouring the reduced Shelf everyday.

A basic collection  of eggs veg milk butter and flour and a bit of meat and 80% of the products on the shelf would not be needed. Vanity goods

As a kid we went to makro for shopping you could buy whole fillets of beef for £30 giant boxes of frozen squid wish I still had a card.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, winkie said:

 leave it to those that don't need to look at a price tag before they put it in the basket.......they buy it because they fancy it, like it, want it or makes them feel good being there.?

I know that waitrose is a premium experience, no question about that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, longgone said:

 

As a kid we went to makro for shopping you could buy whole fillets of beef for £30 giant boxes of frozen squid wish I still had a card.

Thats fine but you need somewhere to store it!

Similar with farm foods multi deals, fantastic value but not got a big enough freezer!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

You say that, but if an A-Level gets you into a top University, that is definitely a passport for life.

Saying otherwise is like the Mirror PR article saying that Waitrose sell the same food as Aldi for 3 x the price. It isn't actually true, but keeps the plebs content. It is like pretending Mathias Rose is on par with a decent Bordeaux Grand Cru.

Well it shouldn't be.....it might make things easier....plenty with the passport lose it, plenty without it gain many passports......more than they can ever handle.?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Si1 said:

A fair number of the basics are. I know they'll have higher end stuff that nobody else bar possibly Sainsbury's or M&S will have.

I never really buy basics. Tend to eat less at better quality. I've just spent £100 on 2 bottles of Balsamic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, longgone said:

Where can I buy genuine Cypriot halloumi for £1.30 

Lidl that's cheaper than  buying it in cyprus?

Some, not all might think if they paid £2.50 for the halloumi it must be better, tastier or they can because they are worth it.?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 415 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.