House Price Crash Forum

You Must Wear A Useless Facemask Or Be Fined £3,200

Social Justice League

9 hours ago, The Preacherman said:

That was true of Grenfell and it was also true of the financial crisis. The rules and regulations are often there but the will to enforce is missing. 

The problem with rules and regulations is that no-one's ever interested in finding a good balance for them. There's the "nothing bad should ever happen!" brigade who keep pushing for more and more for one thing. This includes when something went wrong due to existing rules being broken as well as the inability to accept  that sometimes bad things happen. So pointless for the first lot and it starts getting absurd in the second, which in turn results in an increasing lack of respect for them from everyone else.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Dave Cullen

I am a social media sewer voyeur and, as a response to posts on this thread, wish to provide information on this youtube/patreon content creator.

Dave lives in the Republic of Ireland and, by his own own admission, does youtube as "a job", his primary/only source of income for many years now. The youtube channel "computing forever" could be described as schizophrenic as it mixes what Dave calls social commentary with reviews of new laptops and mobile phones and so on, although the later get more and more infrequent. Somehow earning a living from tedious info about consumer technology morphed into a business model based on the success of other youtubers such as Thunderfoot and Rape Tweet Guy; Yes folks its indulging in Biblical Literalism when taking the p1ss out of religious people before going down the rabbit hole to the 11th degree. Next up is anti feminism, then anything that could be described as being socially conscious before making grunting thought terminating noises about "Woke" in every sentence. its a tried and trusted business model; generate fear, insecurity and even online drama to perpetuate it, I'm Cancelled !! Symbolic death !!

I've no idea if Dave is making any cash out of all of this, he only has 140ish Patreons, small fry. Maybe he's not even a Grifter, maybe he actually believes all this stuff. Would he be behaving in a more honourable way by performing in a big tent wearing size 300 shoes and a spinning bow tie? Yeah, I reckon so.

Some culture (without quote marks around the word) for you.

6 hours ago, smash said:

Thunderfoot and Rape Tweet Guy; Yes folks its indulging in Biblical Literalism when taking the p1ss out of religious people before going down the rabbit hole to the 11th degree. Next up is anti feminism, then anything that could be described as being socially conscious before making grunting thought terminating noises about "Woke" in every sentence. its a tried and trusted business model; generate fear, insecurity and even online drama to perpetuate it, I'm Cancelled !! Symbolic death !!

Bingo. 

On 17/08/2020 at 01:11, Riedquat said:

There seems to be rather more tolerance for being told what to do all the time these days. I really can't imagine that all sorts of things now regarded as the norm would've been remotely tolerated then.

Given that the right to vote in elections was restricted to property owners until 2018, I don't think freedom was something that people cared about that much. 

I think you have romantic notions of the past.