House Price Crash Forum

You Must Wear A Useless Facemask Or Be Fined £3,200

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-today-lockdown-rules-fines-face-mask-boris-johnson-covid-a9669861.html

"People who repeatedly refuse to wear a face mask will be hit with increased fines of up to £3,200, Boris Johnson has said, as he announced England's lockdown measures will be further eased from Saturday.  Organisers of illegal raves face £10,000 penalties under tougher new enforcement measures outlined alongside the latest loosening of the UK's coronavirus restrictions.Indoor theatre, music and other performing arts venues will be able to stage events with socially distanced audiences from 15 August, while spectators will return to sports for in selected pilot events."

Not long now until the second wave and 'Stay At Home, Save The NHS, Save Lives' again. 

2020 is turning into the year that breaks the Tory party imo.  Let's see how things look on 5th November. 

Life is  going to be a blast this winter with COVID-19 waves, economic meltdown and Brexit to look forward too, followed by 2021 and the promise of the UK needing a bailout from the IMF.

Cummings better get to Specsavers and Boris and Pretty better stop eating tubs of Ben & Jerry's new flavor 'All Foreigners Are Right Melons', as they need to be in top shape to lead the UK down the road to ruin.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impotent Government needs to be seen to be tough - the likes of the Daily Fail will lap it up, but it won't get anywhere past some token cases.

BoJo hobbled himself when he let Cummings off for his Specsavers Road trip

All he can do know is posture and point at the 'others' and hope that no one will hold him accountable - sad thing is there are many who are too blind to notice

Expect a token case at some point maybe from someone particularly obstructive. Well published in the media of course. 

While 30% of the people in tesco ignore it as they might need to erm lipread or have asthma or feel uncomfortable or whatever other exemptions people think of

5 hours ago, Social Justice League said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-today-lockdown-rules-fines-face-mask-boris-johnson-covid-a9669861.html

"People who repeatedly refuse to wear a face mask will be hit with increased fines of up to £3,200, Boris Johnson has said, as he announced England's lockdown measures will be further eased from Saturday.  Organisers of illegal raves face £10,000 penalties under tougher new enforcement measures outlined alongside the latest loosening of the UK's coronavirus restrictions.Indoor theatre, music and other performing arts venues will be able to stage events with socially distanced audiences from 15 August, while spectators will return to sports for in selected pilot events."

Not long now until the second wave and 'Stay At Home, Save The NHS, Save Lives' again. 

2020 is turning into the year that breaks the Tory party imo.  Let's see how things look on 5th November. 

Life is  going to be a blast this winter with COVID-19 waves, economic meltdown and Brexit to look forward too, followed by 2021 and the promise of the UK needing a bailout from the IMF.

Cummings better get to Specsavers and Boris and Pretty better stop eating tubs of Ben & Jerry's new flavor 'All Foreigners Are Right Melons', as they need to be in top shape to lead the UK down the road to ruin.

It will be covid panic rather than waves. Covid-19 is flushed in the UK that what the stats show. 

The one thing our government is genuinely world class at is spreading panic. Johnson does not offer statesmanship and good governance, he just delivers cheap populist knee jerk initatives. 

The government is being driven by events, but every time they make a decision they alienate segments of the population.

At some point even the most pro-Brexit Boris supporter is going to realise that this government makes life worse for everyone. I'm not sure they can do anything in the short term to reverse this. Seeking out scapegoats to punish, isn't going to change the facts. In every sphere of life, the actions of government is going to make your life worse.

To be honest I've been surprised how complaint the general population have been throughout this whole thing. Pretty much everyone I've seen in shops in the last week have been wearing masks, bar a couple of builders in B&Q but that was first thing in the morning and the shop was empty anyway.

Just now, Chunketh said:

Yeah but the upshot of not wearing a seatbelt is your own potential death, not the potential death of others.

Please show me the evidence that wearing a face covering reduces the deaths of others. At least wearing seat belts does protect other occupants in the car from death and injury.

Seat belt legislation is the result of research, evidence and consultation not a knee jerk random response. 

15 minutes ago, Glenn said:

To be honest I've been surprised how complaint the general population have been throughout this whole thing. Pretty much everyone I've seen in shops in the last week have been wearing masks, bar a couple of builders in B&Q but that was first thing in the morning and the shop was empty anyway.

Most people are sick of it all, and so will co-operate with measures that they hope will help to stamp the virus out.

Unfortunately, it seems that locations that are cooled by air-con, are prime breeding grounds. This is why we see outbreaks at food processing factories, and probably why cases are breaking out again in peak summer France and Spain.

35 minutes ago, Trampa501 said:

The government is being driven by events, but every time they make a decision they alienate segments of the population.

At some point even the most pro-Brexit Boris supporter is going to realise that this government makes life worse for everyone. I'm not sure they can do anything in the short term to reverse this. Seeking out scapegoats to punish, isn't going to change the facts. In every sphere of life, the actions of government is going to make your life worse.

All this nonsense is still being cheered on by gammon boomers who are convinced they are at extreme risk from Covid-19 when they even leave their house. 

9 minutes ago, The Preacherman said:

Please show me the evidence that wearing a face covering reduces the deaths of others. At least wearing seat belts does protect other occupants in the car from death and injury.

Seat belt legislation is the result of research, evidence and consultation not a knee jerk random response. 

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/417906/still-confused-about-masks-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/articles/the-right-mask-for-the-task.html

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/10/20-0948_article

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449

Edited by Chunketh
added point
7 minutes ago, The Preacherman said:

Then it should not be compulsory when there is a single occupant.

Seat belt and crash helmet legislation are a gross infringement of civil liberty. 

2 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Then it should not be compulsory when there is a single occupant.

Seat belt and crash helmet legislation are a gross infringement of civil liberty. 

Why anyone would want to ride a motorcycle without a helmet or drive a car without a seatbelt is a little beyond me.

Do you mean its infringing the civil right to be a moron?

22 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

Yeah but the upshot of not wearing a seatbelt is your own potential death, not the potential death of others.

So will you wear a mask in flu season? If some old granny next to you catches flu she could die. The fact is we now know that COVID is no worse than a bad flu. In the UK serological tests have shown that about 3-4 million people have had it. From this the IFR appears to be 1.2% from wave 1, however, we also now know from random testing that 80% of people testing positive for COVID are asymptomatic and the majority of those will never develop symptoms. We also know that half of those who have asymptomatic COVID have no antibodies within a week of no longer testing positive, and this percentage increases with time, as it does for those who were mildly symptomatic. This means that it is likely that rather than 3-4 million people it probably 10-15 million who have had COVID in this country, which means that the IFR from the first wave was close to 0.3% for the whole population, but significantly lower than 0.1% for healthy under 60s.

In a second wave we would presumably do a better Job of shielding old people homes, as well as knowing how to treat COVID much moe effectively. This would bring the IFR of COVID into line with seasonal flu. Still think we should all be wearing masks?

5 minutes ago, HovelinHove said:

So will you wear a mask in flu season?

I think I probably would now yeah, and definitely if I had symptoms. The Asians have been doing this for years and it looks like they were onto something.

Many years ago, when I used to work in the office, we had a strict rule about forcing people to work from home when they had a cold. It worked wonders.

Edited by Chunketh
added point
1 hour ago, Trampa501 said:

At some point even the most pro-Brexit Boris supporter is going to realise that this government makes life worse for everyone.

You can omit the bolded word.

The primary purpose of Government is to maximally extract wealth for the politically well-connected from the population, while minimising the probability that they will successfully resist.

4 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

It's all about freedom of choice.

I guess. The problem is its not about personal choice when another party has killed someone in an accident and that the death could have been avoided with either a seat belt or a crash helmet.

What about that persons freedom of choice? They have to live with it for the rest of their days.

7 hours ago, Social Justice League said:

v-vendetta3.jpg?fit=0,%2B9999&crop=0,0,1

4 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

I think I probably would now yeah, and definitely if I had symptoms. The Asians have been doing this for years and it looks like they were onto something.

Many years ago, when I used to work in the office, we had a strict rule about forcing people to work from home when they had a cold. It worked wonders.

Actually, I agree with you on the staying home when you are symptomatic. I detest it when people come to work with colds and flu like martyrs but all they do is give to everyone else. I don’t think we should wear masks in flu season unless we have flu, in which case we should stay indoors tucked in bed till it has gone. So I do kind of agree with you. 

3 minutes ago, Chunketh said:

I guess. The problem is its not about personal choice when another party has killed someone in an accident and that the death could have been avoided with either a seat belt or a crash helmet.

What about that persons freedom of choice? They have to live with it for the rest of their days.

Ok, but where does it end? Why not restrict the speed limit to 20 everywhere? That would save thousands of lives in the UK every year and millions worldwide.

Life is full of risk. You cannot micromanage other people's lives like an overbearing mother.

37 minutes ago, The Preacherman said:

All this nonsense is still being cheered on by gammon boomers who are convinced they are at extreme risk from Covid-19 when they even leave their house. 

Ultimately we will return to the EU, COVID may accelerate that.