House Price Crash Forum

Nick Ferrari on LBC this morning saying that we all need to go into the office to get "inspiration" from the boss........lol.

A caller was trying to explain to him the modern world of technology and how produtivity has risen 25% since many have been working from home not having to commute for hours every day into London/wherever and using the modern tools at their disposal.  Just shows me how out of touch many of these people are who are demanding that thing's go back to 1850 or some rubbish like that.

Totally clueless and laughable.  Ferrari embarassed himself as he really had no answers for the caller, so talked some ******** about "getting inspitation from the boss" as the guy laughed at him.

Edited by Social Justice League
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jobs are as different as bosses.....bosses are as different as teachers.....many bosses have their own boss on their back so transfer their frustration onto the staff they try to manage....

The best way is to allow people the choice as to whether they prefer to work mainly at home or travel in daily....the greatest productivity comes from happy staff.....?

45 minutes ago, winkie said:

Jobs are as different as bosses.....bosses are as different as teachers.....many bosses have their own boss on their back so transfer their frustration onto the staff they try to manage....

The best way is to allow people the choice as to whether they prefer to work mainly at home or travel in daily....the greatest productivity comes from happy staff.....?

Agree.

But for some reason there are people who object to other people being allowed to work from home because they prefer to be in the office.

1 hour ago, Social Justice League said:

A caller was trying to explain to him the modern world of technology and how produtivity has risen 25% since many have been working from home not having to commute for hours every day into London/wherever and using the modern tools at their disposal.  Just shows me how out of touch many of these people are who are demanding that thing's go back to 1850 or some rubbish like that.

I do not see how it is possible to measure productivity I ignore all the claims of productivity or lack of it is impossible to measure accurately unless you are running a production line.  

That said my guys and girls are free to work from home if they want to and always have been way before lockdown.  They all come in at least 3 days a week.  We have a good atmosphere, banter, go for beers, meals etc.

To me working environment is also a chance to communicate and have social interaction which is a vital part of a working environment.  

36 minutes ago, winkie said:

Agreed

1 hour ago, locky82 said:

Haha. Ive never worked from home but i definitely would not be as productive. 

I have done and found that it is difficult with kids about wanting attention.  It was also all to easy to do a bit in the garden, take the boss for a coffee/lunch etc.  

I also found that after working at home all day I had yo get to the pub to have a bit on nonsense conversation and banter that I missed at work.  

I guess the other way to look at it is if companies see that it’s so easy & productive to have staff working from home, that job can therefore be done remotely from anywhere in the world. It won’t be long before they look to cut their costs & pay somebody half the salary for doing the job from other countries. 

57 minutes ago, Trump Invective said:

Type 1 idiot, but fun to listen to him banter with his cronies from a similar era

Back in their era, whenever it was, ie the old days I and everyone I worked with were far more cynical and suspicious of their managers,  employers and government that they are today on the whole.  Then there were more unions, more people who read stuff as opposed to facebook and celeb stories. We also had more people verbally and sometime physically standing up to their 'betters' than today. Regardless of having more workplace laws today I also see more oppression in other ways, ie harder to change jobs, careers and with the lack of unions I see far more cowed and frightened workers, especially at the lower paid end of the scale, eg zero hour contracts which many people are forced to take, then be on a piece of string for their bosses entertainment. I was speaking to one young woman who asked for different hours and was told she had to come in 7 days a week for 2 hours, any two hours depending on their bosses whim (in a much lauded supermarket) Poor girl has a degree in IT too but employers not interested, particularly when they can import from the entire world.

2 hours ago, Odysseus said:

Ferrari’s alright but does look back on his days in Fleet St with rose tinted spectacles. You could never get away with half that stuff now with stronger employee rights. He’s just a bit of a dinosaur.

Remind me how Fleet Street is doing?

Destroyed by that well known Left Winger - Rupert Murdoch

1 hour ago, JohnLondon said:

I guess the other way to look at it is if companies see that it’s so easy & productive to have staff working from home, that job can therefore be done remotely from anywhere in the world. It won’t be long before they look to cut their costs & pay somebody half the salary for doing the job from other countries. 

Hi Kirsty, welcome to the HPC forums ;)

Meh. 

Probably one of those "rare" things where reality is somehwere in the middle. 

Working from home was working okay.. Until we had a project issue and deadline to urgently meet. Thats when i missed being in the office...grabbing everyone together to get it done, work, share ideas and meet the client was a lot more doable with everyone in the same place... 

Contrast that to trying to organise a sodding zoom meeting, calls to evryone individually and sending everything via email with a joint phone call - what version are you looking at? Etc wheres jack has he done..? Oh he hasnt read the email yet as hes walkong the dog. All became rather painful. 

35 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

That’s probably why YOU are not allowed working from home. You cannot be trusted. Many others can be and are. 

My job cant be done from home. But you are right, i couldnt be trusted. I would take the right piss. And it says as much about you if you wouldnt. Loser 

4 minutes ago, locky82 said:

My job cant be done from home. But you are right, i couldnt be trusted. I would take the right piss. And it says as much about you if you wouldnt. Loser 

Eh? Working sufficiently well at home makes one a loser?