Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Record channel migration- 235 in one day


Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, byron78 said:

Why should I trust you? What's your expertise here?

Id rather not say tbf. 

 

18 minutes ago, byron78 said:

We put them in hotels because we don't have alternatives. It's hardly the preferred option.

The benefit angle is nonsense though. It's tabloid tripe. We've far more white northern monkeys on bennies. 

It plays well to the proles. Those darkies are here for your biscuit. Just don't look at the 10 I've got on my plate!

Most are moved up north now if they dont have family or friends to reside with in London in an attempt to make savings.

I agree, we have enough of our own, and id send them to France if I could lol however we have more control with the undocumented economic migration illegally arriving from France right now. 

Edited by locky82
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, locky82 said:

Id rather not say tbf. 

 

Most are moved up north now if they dont have family or friends to reside with in London in an attempt to make savings.

I agree, we have enough of our own, and id send them to France if I could lol however we have more control with the undocumented economic migration illegally arriving from France right now. 

Oh, you can hint. ;)

I've already let on I'm related to Stanley Baldwin on here, which is far more than I ever expected to share.

All this is interesting to me, as I was told to expect INCREASED immigration from outside the EU post-Brexit. Just not supposed to share with you proles. I trust the source too (internal, Tory Party).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HovelinHove said:

 The only way to stop this is have the Navy pick them up slightly closer to France than the UK and take them to France, the nearest safe country. Keep doing it till the message gets out, and they will stop.

Absurd. The Royal Navy can't enter French waters to take anyone back to France without a legal agreement from the French govt. And then there's the ever-present threat of an accident and the acute political embarrasment that would ensue.

In any case, since the illegals make up such a tiny fraction of the UK migrant count even with an agreement it wouldn't be worth doing. In 2019, some 677,000 people moved to the UK as long-term immigrants, for reasons such as work or study. There were also 49,000 asylum applications. As such, the 4,000 unauthorised Channel arrivals are equal to less than 1% of all immigrants last year.

Still waiting for your Tory pals to honour the promise they've been making since since 2010 to reduce legal net migration to the mere tens of thousands.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, byron78 said:

Oh, you can hint. ;)

I've already let on I'm related to Stanley Baldwin on here, which is far more than I ever expected to share.

All this is interesting to me, as I was told to expect INCREASED immigration from outside the EU post-Brexit. Just not supposed to share with you proles. I trust the source too (internal, Tory Party).

Of course we will have increased immigration from outside the EU and that is fantastic. There is a big difference between a tons of Chinese students on 4 year visas, or Indian professionals on Tier 2 visas. All getting their credentials checked, with no recourse to the public purse, and sponsors in place, than uncontrolled immigration from the EU driving down the proles wages, weaken their terms and conditions and reducing their childrens opportunities.

Just my take on it, EU has a few things, like working time directive to appear its for the good of the people, its really geared up for the rich. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sour Mash said:

A mate of mine used to live in Ealing.  He was renting a decent enough apartment but it was costing a fortune even though it was basically just a one bed with combi kitchen/living room.  He paid the premium as it was relatively close to his work at the time.

Meanwhile, view from the balcony at the back was over a small estate of really nice, newly built townhouses full of Somali refugee families.  Apparently the local council bought the land and built the houses specifically for them.  All of their kids will have been getting free education of much better standard than they could have got in their country of origin and all will have been availing of completely free First-World healthcare too.  No wonder so many were trying to get into the UK.

 

Did they call it Mobot mews ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, locky82 said:

Hows it considerably less? Once housing is accounted for the UK is up there from that report. 

Language will account for a tiny percentage, trust me the vast majority do not know english. 

Our treatment of asylum seekers is worse or at least no better than many other European states.

The idea that most are put up in 4* hotels or given town houses is laughable, they are given whatever the private sector landlord who submitted the lowest bid or the housing contract can get away with.    

For most by far the biggest pull factor is an established national community they can join, that and our lack of an Identity card system making it easier to find casual work.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, cnick said:

We need to get a reputation as a nasty country.?....as nasty as Australia maybe?.....shame, but being nice isn't working.

https://thediplomat.com/2019/08/australias-harsh-immigration-policy/

 

 

Simple answer really, arrive illegally and you lose all rights to remain. Somehow I think the boats would stop. The UK is a soft touch though, and they know it. Big brave Boris talks the talk, but that’s about it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/08/2020 at 22:32, Confusion of VIs said:

Contrary to common belief there is no law that says they must claim asylum on arrival at the first safe country.  

Send them back where? plenty of countries refuse point blank to accept them back. 

Have you any idea just how little success we have in sending failed asylum seekers back. The cost per successful return is astronomic.  

If it helps you could just regard it as the flipside of us cherry picking immigrants from poorer countries. 

This is exactly why we need to turn them back in the channel before they reach our shores. Once word gets round that Britain is closed it would soon stop. 

Actually, the French need to be stopping them from entering France in the first place, then neither of us would have this problem.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

?? In summary the only way to do it is for the navy to invade France? 

Good point :) however, it does seem that a deal is going to be done whereby we are able to pick these people up and return them to the safe, prosperous, democratic nation they are desperately fleeing from. The French want 30 million. We need to do the math on that one.

Another point is that for most of the year these crossings are not viable. It is only when the wind is southerly or easterly and there are not massive swells and rough sea in the channel. If the Navy were to focus on this route during those times, then it would not need a permanent presence, and as the numbers of attempts dwindle, again the need for resources would decrease.

It needs a short term 2-3 years investment to send a message that we are serious about protecting our borders from those who would enter our nation without permission or desperate humanitarian need to do so.

Edited by HovelinHove
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Glenn said:

This is exactly why we need to turn them back in the channel before they reach our shores. Once word gets round that Britain is closed it would soon stop. 

Actually, the French need to be stopping them from entering France in the first place, then neither of us would have this problem.

 

So Britain is closed to the world then......it is the world that helps make it the great place it is........?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, winkie said:

So Britain is closed to the world then......it is the world that helps make it the great place it is........?

No, just closed to illegal immigrants. And yes the world is a great place, but the world is still there  - It just doesnt all need to be living in our tiny island to make it great

Edited by Glenn
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Glenn said:

No, just closed to illegal immigrants. And yes the world is a great place, but the world is still there  - It just doesnt all need to be living in our tiny island to make it great

If everyone said that we would as a world all either be in-bred or the only outsiders could  buy themselves a ticket to live where they fancy.......wars are made and many innocent suffer, we all have a part to play to help those who's old country of peace becomes a war zone with hate and suffering.......down to all to share and help......we are all interconnected, we can only grow and thrive making friends not with fear and resentment........get off my land.?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, winkie said:

If everyone said that we would as a world all either be in-bred or the only outsiders could  buy themselves a ticket to live where they fancy.......wars are made and many innocent suffer, we all have a part to play to help those who's old country of peace becomes a war zone with hate and suffering.......down to all to share and help......we are all interconnected, we can only grow and thrive making friends not with fear and resentment........get off my land.?

Lots of nice people here until confronted with with reality.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, winkie said:

If everyone said that we would as a world all either be in-bred or the only outsiders could  buy themselves a ticket to live where they fancy.......wars are made and many innocent suffer, we all have a part to play to help those who's old country of peace becomes a war zone with hate and suffering.......down to all to share and help......we are all interconnected, we can only grow and thrive making friends not with fear and resentment........get off my land.?

And then he wonders why he can't afford the house he thinks he deserves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, locky82 said:

Of course we will have increased immigration from outside the EU and that is fantastic. There is a big difference between a tons of Chinese students on 4 year visas, or Indian professionals on Tier 2 visas. All getting their credentials checked, with no recourse to the public purse, and sponsors in place, than uncontrolled immigration from the EU driving down the proles wages, weaken their terms and conditions and reducing their childrens opportunities.

Just my take on it, EU has a few things, like working time directive to appear its for the good of the people, its really geared up for the rich. 

well I think in the case of chinese students, their tuition fees should be paid in gold,not GBP!

It's an open secret that the chinese are hoarding MASSIVE amounts of the stuff in order to become the new reserve currency.if the chinese want the knowhow(and we still do have some of the very best learning institutions in the world),then the trade would be to have such knowledge in exchange for what they anticipate to be the new currency-Precious metal backed distributed ledger..but we hant the hard stuff, not the ledger, that would attone some for culpability browns economics for dummies.

as for unskilled immigration,that has to be brought under control.Countries do have the right to control their borders for the welfare of their people,as has been demonstrated by the covid calamity, and we have not been doing so,which needs to be beefed up,unpopular to some as it may be.In terms of those who are admitted,then we also must reserve the right of repatriation for those who have not been following the rules/are a potential danger.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Glenn said:

No, just closed to illegal immigrants. And yes the world is a great place, but the world is still there  - It just doesnt all need to be living in our tiny island to make it great

Many thousands have travelled legally on visas Inc student visas and stayed.....we have had more than one amnesty.....our old mayor was very much in favour of drawing a line under it..... illegal to become legal, very many bogus places of learning, forged documents, got the visa to learn with the intention to work...

When people are determined they will do whatever  is necessary......they do not need state help when there will always be other help available...... Nothing new.?

Edited by winkie
Link to post
Share on other sites

an interesting read and unusually honest

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/aug/09/if-i-die-that-is-ok-calais-refugees-nowhere-to-turn

from the article

"Mohammed now 34, he has spent the past six years being pushed out of several countries in Europe after fleeing what he says was political persecution in Sudan. He was detained for months in Hungary, deported more than once, and finally his asylum case was refused in France."

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

an interesting read and unusually honest

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/aug/09/if-i-die-that-is-ok-calais-refugees-nowhere-to-turn

from the article

"Mohammed now 34, he has spent the past six years being pushed out of several countries in Europe after fleeing what he says was political persecution in Sudan. He was detained for months in Hungary, deported more than once, and finally his asylum case was refused in France."

Yes, it is quite interesting.

"Asked why they don’t stay in the first safe country, she is incensed. “They do! France has four times as many asylum seekers as the UK, and Germany even more. The question shouldn’t be ‘Why are people trying to reach the UK?’, it should be ‘Why shouldn’t they try to reach the UK?’ For some, that is where they have family; others can’t get protection anywhere else.”"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 418 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.