Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Record channel migration- 235 in one day


Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Contrary to common belief there is no law that says they must claim asylum on arrival at the first safe country.  

Send them back where? plenty of countries refuse point blank to accept them back. 

Have you any idea just how little success we have in sending failed asylum seekers back. The cost per successful return is astronomic.  

If it helps you could just regard it as the flipside of us cherry picking immigrants from poorer countries

I don't want the cherry picking from other countries either. We are full we cannot house the people we have. These are largely economic migrants anyway. If they want to work in the UK round them up into North Korean style labour camps and I'm sure they will catch the next boat back.

 

There has to be a proportionate deterrent dragging them back to France and sinking the boat and making them swim back in the cold channel might make them think twice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

I must have said it wrong then!

Humanitarian aid and assistance and asylum should be prioritised for the elderly, women and children who cannot help themselves and need protection.

Not single young men of fighting age who should be the ones protecting them as you seem to think instead of pushing themselves to the front of the queue ahead of the women and kids!

That's funny, I had you down as mens rights activist !

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

You are starting to get it.

Still you probably won't be the last, even IDS has only just realised that he didn't know what he was voting for.

+1 UK is just a small country. If we don't stop illegal immigration, look at Lebanon. A big mess. Allowing qualified people in limited numbers by choosing them from various countries is better than allowing in enmasse a huge population is recipe for disaster.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

I must have said it wrong then!

Humanitarian aid and assistance and asylum should be prioritised for the elderly, women and children who cannot help themselves and need protection.

Not single young men of fighting age who should be the ones protecting them as you seem to think instead of pushing themselves to the front of the queue ahead of the women and kids!

Of course if you are offering to house a few yourself - actually putting money where your mouth is instead of virtue signalling - we can let Priti Patel know!

Cos we do have a bit of an affordable housing crisis amongst those people already here!

If they look like this....best-paid-1544793269.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, longgone said:

I do wonder if it's the poorly paid jobs or the overpriced housing or even the national I'm alright jack identify that makes them flock here.

Its the free housing, not great but some benefits, the free health care, the free education. Adds up to requiring a decent income in most of the world imagine. Also we will have decent sized communities from their home country dotted around. Lots of pull factors. I dont blame them, its our gov that need to get it under control. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Bear Goggles said:

So long as we can maintain the COVID death rate at 235+ per day, the country will never fill up. 
 

Simple maths. 

Ha ha ha, that reminds me of something I once heard: as sea levels rise, just kill more whales. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, locky82 said:

Its the free housing, not great but some benefits, the free health care, the free education. Adds up to requiring a decent income in most of the world imagine. Also we will have decent sized communities from their home country dotted around. Lots of pull factors. I dont blame them, its our gov that need to get it under control. 

We need to get a reputation as a nasty country.?....as nasty as Australia maybe?.....shame, but being nice isn't working.

https://thediplomat.com/2019/08/australias-harsh-immigration-policy/

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, smash said:

Where did you get that from? I thought that Greece, France, Germany and Spain each processed more asylum seekers than the UK in recent years?

The UK has topped the resettlement tables for years, this is were people (families) are brought to the uk for humanitarian reasons

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/databrowser/view/tps00195/default/table?lang=en

It has been less keen on young men who break down fences or hide in lorries than france and germany it is true. Interestingly Italy, which is also on the front line so to speak, has even fewer asylum claims than the UK. Obviously it is not safe enough for 99% of the refugees who rock up there.

Edited by debtlessmanc
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, locky82 said:

Its the free housing, not great but some benefits, the free health care, the free education. Adds up to requiring a decent income in most of the world imagine. Also we will have decent sized communities from their home country dotted around. Lots of pull factors. I dont blame them, its our gov that need to get it under control. 

simple make it not free then. unless 10 years of paid work. anything free usually ends up as poor quality anyway. maybe these immigrants don`t look at UK like i do as a over priced dump with poor housing chump change paid jobs even the good ones in housing terms and a terrible national identity.  To live well here you are either a multi millionaire or not  you are just kidding yourself down south anyway.  The free housing must be the pull as they have already travelled though much nicer places to live to end up in a terrace house in Margate but it`s free i guess. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Will! said:

Before this thread descends into murder and is locked, just for the purposes of discussion, what about reforming and relocating Immigration Reception Centres?

Here's my proposal:

The UK is party to the United Nations Convention relating to the Status of Refugees, as amended by its 1967 Protocol.  It is also party to the European Convention on Human Rights, the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, the Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment and the Convention on the Rights of the Child.

Despite these praiseworthy ideals, the UK's asylum system is losing public confidence.  The asylum system has become a means for economic migrants who are in the UK illegally to avoid removal from the UK by claiming asylum.  By the time these claims for asylum fail these economic migrants have absconded and if apprehended further seek to frustrate attempts to remove them from the UK by refusing to give their true names or countries of origin.  The UK's asylum system unintentionally facilitates illegal economic migration and so assists people-trafficking and associated criminal activities.

Debate on the subject of asylum is unfortunately often clouded by conflation with immigration.  Asylum and immigration systems should be entirely separate. One is humanitarian, the other is economic.  Some refugees may provide economic benefit to the UK, but this is entirely secondary to humanitarian concerns and needs to be weighed against the economic benefit those refugees would provide to their own country if and when returned to that country.  Any UK immigration policy is undermined by the asylum system's unintentional facilitation of illegal economic migration.

I propose to detain asylum seekers who arrive in the UK without valid visas at Immigration Reception Centres (IRCs) located on British Overseas Territories islands in the Atlantic Ocean while their claims for asylum and appeals are processed.  All asylum seekers would have full protection under UK law, including access to legal services and the ability to challenge their detention in court.  They would be kept safe, fed and accommodated. They would have local access to medical services and Non-Governmental Organisations that provide support to refugees.  Access to services not available locally would be provided by videolink.

The IRCs would be monitored by the Immigration Service, Her Majesty's Chief Inspector of Prisons and Independent Monitoring Boards.  It must be anticipated that those asylum seekers whose claims are not genuine and who therefore anticipate deportation will seek to disrupt the operation of the IRCs.

To refugees the prospect of safety, food and accommodation with readily accessible medical, legal and support services would be welcome.  To asylum seekers whose claims are not genuine the absence of any prospect of living in the UK would defeat their purpose for claiming asylum.

IRCs on British Overseas Territories islands would also provide employment and consequent economic activity on those islands.

Better than machine-gunning them in the water?

I wasn't suggesting murder or machine gunning just sinking their ships. Your ideas sounds fine though. But I wouldn't waste a good Island just a prison ship.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are people surprised?

Immigration will go through the roof once we're out properly.

The red wall will become a brown wall soon enough. Goodbye Labour. Goodbye dinlo white proles who voted this all through.

 

Edited by byron78
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not about benefits either. In fact, we pay considerably less than many other countries in and around Europe.

https://www.dw.com/en/asylum-benefits-in-the-eu-how-member-states-compare/a-44298599

It's ALWAYS been about language. English is the 2nd language for most of the developing world. I'd do exactly the same. Head to country where I know the language (on a basic level) and take it from there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HovelinHove said:

 The only way to stop this is have the Navy pick them up slightly closer to France than the UK and take them to France, the nearest safe country. Keep doing it till the message gets out, and they will stop.

What Navy? Last I heard we had 8 ships patrolling UK waters. EIGHT. For the entire UK coastline! Most of those are concerned with fishing rights as well...

We've had a decade of cutting these defences even further. I'd get rid of the lot. Couldn't give a toss about the proles, but I suppose we need to keep appealing the dinlo section who like tough talk and less actual money spent on addressing the issue.

Edited by byron78
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, longgone said:

simple make it not free then. unless 10 years of paid work. anything free usually ends up as poor quality anyway. maybe these immigrants don`t look at UK like i do as a over priced dump with poor housing chump change paid jobs even the good ones in housing terms and a terrible national identity.  To live well here you are either a multi millionaire or not  you are just kidding yourself down south anyway.  The free housing must be the pull as they have already travelled though much nicer places to live to end up in a terrace house in Margate but it`s free i guess. 

 

A mate of mine used to live in Ealing.  He was renting a decent enough apartment but it was costing a fortune even though it was basically just a one bed with combi kitchen/living room.  He paid the premium as it was relatively close to his work at the time.

Meanwhile, view from the balcony at the back was over a small estate of really nice, newly built townhouses full of Somali refugee families.  Apparently the local council bought the land and built the houses specifically for them.  All of their kids will have been getting free education of much better standard than they could have got in their country of origin and all will have been availing of completely free First-World healthcare too.  No wonder so many were trying to get into the UK.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HovelinHove said:

 The only way to stop this is have the Navy pick them up slightly closer to France than the UK and take them to France, the nearest safe country. Keep doing it till the message gets out, and they will stop.

?? In summary the only way to do it is for the navy to invade France? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HovelinHove said:

 The only way to stop this is have the Navy pick them up slightly closer to France than the UK and take them to France, the nearest safe country. Keep doing it till the message gets out, and they will stop.

There’s no such garbage as nearest safe country. But keep your ill informed self deluded. You don’t look a fool in the slightest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, byron78 said:

It's not about benefits either. In fact, we pay considerably less than many other countries in and around Europe.

https://www.dw.com/en/asylum-benefits-in-the-eu-how-member-states-compare/a-44298599

It's ALWAYS been about language. English is the 2nd language for most of the developing world. I'd do exactly the same. Head to country where I know the language (on a basic level) and take it from there.

Hows it considerably less? Once housing is accounted for the UK is up there from that report. 

Language will account for a tiny percentage, trust me the vast majority do not know english. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, byron78 said:

It's not about benefits either. In fact, we pay considerably less than many other countries in and around Europe.

https://www.dw.com/en/asylum-benefits-in-the-eu-how-member-states-compare/a-44298599

It's ALWAYS been about language. English is the 2nd language for most of the developing world. I'd do exactly the same. Head to country where I know the language (on a basic level) and take it from there.

Oh I agree our welfare system is dreadful for people who pay into the system.

You can work here for 30 years and pay in and if you lose your job the most you might get if you have a modest amount of savings is £80 a week JSA. Our contributory state pension is also very poor. For those who pay in that is.

However our non contributory welfare system assuming you haven’t bothered ever saving via free health care, tax credits, housing benefit and various other supplements - which is equally available if you have paid in for 30 years or for 30 minutes really is rather generous by comparison to most countries.

Of course whether that system actually promotes hard work or saving for a rainy day is another matter!  It’s the reason we needed the furlough scheme as a large proportion of the population lacks any savings which would last then more than a week or two if they didn’t get a wage or welfare cheque as we actively discourage saving for the future as being bad - as the future is another set of politicians problem.

And I must have missed the other European nations that put newly illegally arrived single Male migrants into four star spa hotels that many long term resident Brits - when they were hotels open for public bookings - could barely have afforded to stay more than a couple of nights in!

Edited by MARTINX9
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, locky82 said:

Hows it considerably less? Once housing is accounted for the UK is up there from that report. 

Language will account for a tiny percentage, trust me the vast majority do not know english. 

Why should I trust you? What's your expertise here?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

Oh I agree our welfare system is dreadful for people who pay into the system.

You can work here for 30 years and pay in and if you lose your job the most you might get if you have a modest amount of savings is £80 a week JSA. Our contributory state pension is also very poor. For those who pay in that is.

However our non contributory welfare system via free health care, tax credits, housing benefit and various other supplements - which is equally available if you have paid in for 30 years or for 30 minutes really is rather generous by comparison to most countries.

Of course whether that system actually promotes hard work or saving for a rainy day is another matter!  It’s the reason we needed the furlough scheme as almost no one has any savings to last more than a week or two if they didn’t get paid as we actively discourage saving as being bad.

And I must have missed the other European nations that put newly illegally arrived single Male migrants into four star spa hotels that many long term resident Brits - when they were hotels open for public bookings - could barely have afforded to stay more than a couple of nights in!

We put them in hotels because we don't have alternatives. It's hardly the preferred option. It's a good example of austerity and short term thinking costing more at best, I think. That does sum the UK up doesn't it? We're daft buggers.

The benefit angle is nonsense though. It's tabloid tripe. We've far more white northern monkeys on bennies. 

It plays well to the proles. Those darkies are here for your biscuit. Just don't look at the 10 I've got on my plate!

Edited by byron78
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Sour Mash said:

A mate of mine used to live in Ealing.  He was renting a decent enough apartment but it was costing a fortune even though it was basically just a one bed with combi kitchen/living room.  He paid the premium as it was relatively close to his work at the time.

Meanwhile, view from the balcony at the back was over a small estate of really nice, newly built townhouses full of Somali refugee families.  Apparently the local council bought the land and built the houses specifically for them.  All of their kids will have been getting free education of much better standard than they could have got in their country of origin and all will have been availing of completely free First-World healthcare too.  No wonder so many were trying to get into the UK.

 

How much rent were his neighbours paying for their Ealing townhouses?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is anyone surprised by this.....people have been traveling throughout the world since time began, human nature to want the best they can .....who decides who the land belongs to, why common land was stolen off the people, people have been creating war for centuries.......people want to live near people like them, people they know and places that speak their language.......we can build walls and fences, we are already seeing more protectionism everywhere.......does who born to, where born and when born bring with it special rights and entitlements??

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 418 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.